Jump to content
maniac

Unpopular opinion: This captaincy might do wonders with a better bowling attack.

Recommended Posts

Defending a total in T20 is next to impossible as the games seem to be rigged in the favor of teams batting second especially when the teams are more or less evenly matched.

 

The batting approach has been quiet refreshing recently.

 

The most concerning thing is the fielding which is dropping catches left right and center.

 

Add to that a trundler line up reminiscent of the mid to late 90’s.

 

With all these flaws we have done well to fight till the last ball. A better bowler or 2 would have made a huge difference.

 

We need 2 good bowlers added to the X1  especially ones who will be well served in Australia and we are winning the WT20.
 

back your captain.

 

ur views :)

Link to comment

Are you serious. Do you think Kohli stopped him from having this approach in his batting when he was captain. What is refreshing about batting.

 

Rohit is ruining his batting with this so called new approach.That was/is never his strength.

 

His captaincy has looked clueless and rigid.There is no rule that Bhuvi has to bowl 19th over every time.

 

 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Are you serious. Do you think Kohli stopped him from having this approach in his batting when he was captain. What is refreshing about batting.

 

Rohit is ruining his batting with this so called new approach.That was/is never his strength.

 

His captaincy has looked clueless and rigid.There is no rule that Bhuvi has to bowl 19th over every time.

 

 


firstly I do agree that Kohli or whoever was the captain only had the best interest of the team in mind. It’s a no brainer and doesn’t even deserve an argument.

 

having said that Kohli’s captaincy was very reactionary and he seems to have a bit of a narcissistic personality. Even on the field giving out expressions etc when not needed and the focus is on himself.

 

Rohit is clearly giving everything to his bowlers in terms of support etc and seems very hands on. You can’t blame him if a guy who has been around for more than a decade and has been primarily a LoI specialist on top of that can’t bowl 2-3 balls in the right areas.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, maniac said:


firstly I do agree that Kohli or whoever was the captain only had the best interest of the team in mind. It’s a no brainer and doesn’t even deserve an argument.

 

having said that Kohli’s captaincy was very reactionary and he seems to have a bit of a narcissistic personality. Even on the field giving out expressions etc when not needed and the focus is on himself.

 

Rohit is clearly giving everything to his bowlers in terms of support etc and seems very hands on. You can’t blame him if a guy who has been around for more than a decade and has been primarily a LoI specialist on top of that can’t bowl 2-3 balls in the right areas.

Rohit's captain is not even reactionary .It has been rigid devoid of any ideas. Kohli did not ask TV cameras to focus on him. It is strange that people become Sigmund freud and can read personalities from TV screens.

 

It is stupid statement to say Kohli was not giving everything to his bowlers. Was Bhuvi not there under Kohli?

 

So according to your ligic if Bhuvi or Bumrah flop under Kohli, it is Kohli's fault.But if Bhuvi flops under Rohit's captaincy then it is  Bhuvi's fault.

 

Again according to your logic Kohli was more power than selectors and Ganguly.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Rohit's captain is not even reactionary .It has been rigid devoid of any ideas. Kohli did not ask TV cameras to focus on him. It is strange that people become Sigmund freud and can read personalities from TV screens.

 

It is stupid statement to say Kohli was not giving everything to his bowlers. Was Bhuvi not there under Kohli?

 

So according to your ligic if Bhuvi or Bumrah flop under Kohli, it is Kohli's fault.But if Bhuvi flops under Rohit's captaincy then it is  Bhuvi's fault.

 

Again according to your logic Kohli was more power than selectors and Ganguly.


Kohli got the coach removed who was not a hapless foreigner coach but one of India’s greatest cricketers. 
 

in fact that set the chain of events to what we are today and BCCI clearly wants to get rid of player power for the good or bad.

 

how did you miss that timeline that has been discussed to death here?

Link to comment
36 minutes ago, maniac said:

 

The batting approach has been quiet refreshing recently.

 

 

Only for Rohit fans as most of the others have been been batting freely and per situation anyways :dontknow:

 

On the other hand, Rohit has ruined his teams (including MI) on many occasions 

 

There is not much change for most of the others 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, maniac said:


Kohli got the coach removed who was not a hapless foreigner coach but one of India’s greatest cricketers. 
 

in fact that set the chain of events to what we are today and BCCI clearly wants to get rid of player power for the good or bad.

 

how did you miss that timeline that has been discussed to death here?

Kohli got coach removed and rightly so, Kumble stinks as a coach.I said the samething when Kumble was removed also.Coach is never more important than captain in cricket.

 

If Rohit cannot get his team or his coach then he should not become captain.It is as simple as that.he cannot use that nonsense as an excuse for his captaincy so far.

 

Captain will always be incharge in cricket field, no BCCI president these days has  power to remove a captain who is doing well.This is not 1960s where players were powerless. Kohli did exceptionally well given the talent he was provided.

 

Unlike you I am not expecting Rohit to magically wave his wand and make this team balanced.This team has lot of holes and Rohit in quest of doing something different is ruining his own batting.

 

You still did not answer the question on how Bhuvi not doing well under Kohli is Kohli's fault as a captain. But if he does the same under Rohit's captaincy it is Bhuvi fault.

 

 

Link to comment

Highly Unlikely of that to happen, unless and untill a major injury, Harshal Patel, Chahal, and Boobie are going to be on that plane to Australia. This in itself dooms us for the WC. Our ony reliable bowlers are Arshdeep and Bumrah, Arshdeep again is inexperienced. 

 

So B'rah is our only bet. To have any chance of winning the Wc, we need this bowling lineup.

 

Bumrah

Shami/Mohsin/Umran

Arshdeep

Axar

Bishnoi

Pandya.

 

Don't see this happening.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, maniac said:


Rohit is more powerful than Ganguly, Jay Shah, Dravid and the selectors ?

It looks like the captain and coach are actually helpless and have to shut up and work with what is thrown their way. Which means in his time Kohli also faced the same issue and at-least some of the mind boggling decisions were actually not his. So the question is why do these powerful, behind the scenes people pick a bunch of no-hopers? Are they taking a cut from these players' salary and also giving them instructions to screw up for betting purposes? I am serious, something about the whole team selection thing smells fishy to say the least.

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Lord said:

Coach, bowlers, selectors to blame.

 

Captain is besht

Really disappointing to learn that certain highly experienced posters who hv been a part of this forum for more than a decade hv so much obsession with a particular player that they go to any extreme to prove that his fav player and/or his captaincy can't be criticised despite there being clear hints.  Everyone else surrounding that player (including the entire set up) could be wrong according to them.   And if it's proved that the set up is not the real problem,  then they might start blaming the solar system or even the milky way galaxy for all this mess.  But not that player.   

Edited by Frustrated
Link to comment

I think these captians know the time is not on their side..if they have a vision for future they need to give raw youngsters lot of chances and time..

They are playing on safe side and selecting some so called reliable\experienced players..for whatever time is left..

Previously we had world cups after 4 years..and champions trophy in between..so then you can give couple of years for grooming many players..

now they are short sighted with ICC events coming back and forth..

They need to look beyond thheir captainship averages..and prepare a team for the future so they can give good team to Pandya and co..who can dominate the world

Link to comment
9 hours ago, zen said:

 

Only for Rohit fans as most of the others have been been batting freely and per situation anyways :dontknow:

 

On the other hand, Rohit has ruined his teams (including MI) on many occasions 

 

There is not much change for most of the others 

First rohit the fat lard as needs to get fit and shed his fat ass.

Link to comment

Their selections have been good in ODIs, going with Bumrah, Shami Siraj and Prasidh combo. On some occasions even willing to play 4 proper bowlers even if it means tail starts at 8.

 

It is in T20s where they have been awful in their selections to say the least. Just happy playing it safe and following a monotonous process without any risk.

 

Edited by Majestic
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...