BCCI Fires the Selectors… Breaking News!

asterix

3 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

L Siva will be next chairman of selectors :nervous:

Actually Ajit agarkar is applying for the job infact reports coming in that he could be assigned role of chief selector,if true best news for Indian cricket, hope bcci involves irfan pathan,rp singh, Suresh Raina and parthiv patel they are amongst best brains and have better understanding of domestic structure 

On 11/18/2022 at 9:44 AM, nitinbwj said:

Fire Sharma, Bhuvi also. 

The press is already anguishing over the appropriate role for their dear Bhuvaneshwar.

Bhuvaneshwar will be around for the next 3-5 years. Just be grateful it is only for T20Is.

https://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/2nd-t20-will-bhuvi-play-key-selection-dilemma-for-india/20221119.htm

Just look at the picture ....!!!! It is titled "Bhuvaneshwar Kumar will want to show he is still a potent bowling force" - wondering when was he ever a "potent bowling force"?

Edited by AKane
On 11/18/2022 at 9:59 PM, Frustrated said:

Selectors get fired.  Fair enough.   But how come oldies like Kela, Tondu kaptaan and Boobi walk away with impunity? 

My two cents about this selection Commitee-

Some BIG Unpardonable Mistake done while selecting the team for the T20 World CUP.

1.  eg. ASHWIN- he was never a good run stopping or wicket taking option in a T20 Match, His fielding was Poor. He was hardly played in any T20 team- how come suddenly He was Picked in T20 specifically when CHahal and BISHNOI and even Rahul Chahar were doing OK in T20 even that run stopping fastish SPINNER ( i am missing his name did well in T20 but suddenly he vanished ), there were many Spinners ahead of him for T20. Luckily ashwin batted well in world cup and he did give away some runs - which was expected as he could not turn on Aussie wickets.

2. Australian wickets - we could have gone with 1 Spinner and HOODA as everyone knew how they would behave, adil of england and may be shadab managed lil success bcos of unique skills else as a rule Spinners did not have the conditions favouring them.selectors could have picked Chahal and Bishnoi or even just one of them and only 5 Pacers and BUmrah. BCOS they knew How would Pitches Behave in Australia. see afghansthan - they had rashid and NABI and one more spinner who is of high quality- 3 toughest spinners in the world , they were beaten by one and all. when bumrah is unfit, they had to get in sheer pace , genuine fast bowler in the team , they picked SHammi which was not a wrong decision but they had to pick SIraj or Umran too so that rohit could pick up at least one genuine pacer and play even 5 pacers and 1 Spinner. then they Picked AXAR who did not bowl as well as He possibly can. so Spinners - axar was horrible in world cup and even ashwin as a spinner was BAD. they Picked an attack - ageing and Slow BHUVI, at this stage he cannot be in indian team unless the pitch conditions are swing friendly.he tried his best and he did get some success in swing friendly conditions. then he is a 130 K gentle pacer , why was nt he asked to bowl his 4 overs when the ball was new . luckily selectors pick of Sardar arshdeep fared well but i still bet Khaleel would have done evern better than Arshdeep Or I would say Siraj or Umran would have also done equally well in the world Cup.

Having said that Arshdeep's selection proved a correct decision. Harshal- no one had any confidence on him - why was he picked , he enjoyed the flight and came back. even on fast wickets AXAR Patel was played ahead of Harshal, if thats yso why did you select Harshal? they kept backing avesh who is a good bowler but now it seems his pace had declined and he was definitely not in the form to be picked for world cup, he was backed. he was picked ahead of SIRAJ and SHammi and later corrected ....

ishan kishan , samson , umran in ireland and after IPL and even hooda hit a century- they were picking these guys in earlier teams - why did they ignore them for the world cup.

they backed hardik which was a correct decision but they did grow venky iyer , shivam dubey , shardul thakur...they could have taken at least one of them to world cup as these guys bring batting , bowling , fielding - all 3 on the table and on australian tracks they could be picked ahead of a KARTHIK or a KL Rahul ...KL was playing a selfish innings where as in world cup , gutsy guys like ishan kishan or Hooda of venky iyer should have opened - if they suceed, they win us the game, if they fail we have Rohit and Kohli to support them. now all our 3 batsman - KL and rohit gave a slow start and VIrat also scored his faster runs during the end of the innings. T20 is an instinct game ..take your bat and go and attack, if you start connecting you can win a game. even a bangla batsman was about to do that .

why was KARTHICK Picked, I can pick some of my old comments where i declared Karthick will fail, it is very difficult to succeed at 40..see him carefully , he looks 40. rishabh could have won us at least one game on his batting itself- though rishabh is also a failure in T20, probably we could have asked sanju samson to be our keeper batsman.

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Lol! Was only kidding. Very good observation of his knowledge though!

Ofcourse i knew that. 

Back on Vikrant, you just had to follow his views on Chahal and Rahul basically he would smartly puts why one should be picked and not picked. Then will come back and say i had already said that (no different than what most of us do with our clients:smile:) He then did a program on India Pak final then post match changed his tune to England were always better than India. No doubt he is sharp but he caters to his viewers which is primarily fans like me who dont understand technical aspects of sport. His sidekicks are just bachas whom i view as passionate fans, which at time is amusing given how they react like kids after a loss. 

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Ofcourse i knew that. 

Back on Vikrant, you just had to follow his views on Chahal and Rahul basically he would smartly puts why one should be picked and not picked. Then will come back and say i had already said that (no different than what most of us do with our clients:smile:) He then did a program on India Pak final then post match changed his tune to England were always better than India. No doubt he is sharp but he caters to his viewers which is primarily fans like me who dont understand technical aspects of sport. His sidekicks are just bachas whom i view as passionate fans, which at time is amusing given how they react like kids after a loss. 

Quite true about him. 

On topic, he is right that selectors go with TM to pick a side and not read ICF or  SM.  Firing selectors doesn’t make sense. Dravid, Rohit needs to be held accountable by media. Move on before 2023.

Edited by coffee_rules

Salil Ankola was more of an actor.  Less of a cricketer. Basically, useless trundler.  I recall he used to act in few hindi tv serials and movies in the 90s.  LOL.  Don't need him at all.  S Dighe was a WK , I guess.  Mediocre.   Hoping to see only N Mongia getting preferred over others.