Delhi girl hit by car, dragged for 4 km in Sultanpuri on New Year, chilling video raises questions

Singh bling

As long as the car is moving the police are just standing by and making sure it leaves their jurisdiction and saves them from the paperwork. The bus in which jyoti was snuffed and the other girl who was raped in a moving car some years back and now this. The people committing these horrors seem to know exactly what it takes to keep the police off their backs while the crime is in progress.

Culprit a BJP leader, cops trying to shield him: AAP after Delhi woman dragged by car | Exclusive

By Amit Bhardwaj: A day after a 23-year-old woman was killed in Delhi after being dragged for several kilometres by a car, AAP spokesperson, Saurabh Bharadwaj claimed one of the accused in the case, Manoj Mittal, is a BJP leader. In an exclusive interview with India Today, the AAP MLA said the Delhi Police is trying to shield the alleged BJP leader by not acting promptly in the case.

Bhardwaj said the woman was "probably sexually assaulted, probably raped" and accused the Delhi Police of treating the case with a "lax attitude". He said the situation was a "clear case of connivance" and the accused were charged with "weak sections" under the Indian Penal Code "to shield the accused persons".

He also heavily criticised Delhi's Lieutenant Governor VK Saxena and said the L-G was busy "enjoying a boat ride" instead of taking action against the Delhi Police officials. "Had LG been serious, he would have taken action yesterday," said the AAP leader.

He accused the L-G of writing three-page letters to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on what he called "frivolous issues" and contrasted the L-G's "inaction" on the matter to the letters. "Because of L-G Saxena’s lax attitude and politicisation of the Delhi Police, the police were trying to save the accused persons," said Saurabh Bhardwaj.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/delhi-kanjhawala-road-accident-accused-links-to-bjp-cops-shielding-him-says-aap-2316248-2023-01-02

4 hours ago, Stan AF said:

I imagine hell would be better than this place called Dilli :facepalm:

There is massive road rage in Delhi. Last year, i was driving towards Noida on Highway. I was going slower then other. This biker and one passenger from left appeared from nowhere and asked me to stop the car . I took the car towards side and nearly stopped while my relative sitting next to me advised that "dont. Just drive as fast as those lads dont look right to him".

While i was slowing only, the guy threw his helmet on my car shatttering the rear windscreen and I sped away. Till date, I still dont know why the biker attacked me apart from one explanation that there are 1.4 billion people and some are bound to be class 1 Chewts roaming freely instead of being in mental hospital or prison

Edited by mishra

Delhi has by far the best roads, the best driving sense, the least accidents , the least deaths per capita(given the high number of cars) in the entire country having seen the driving elsewhere....i was already quite sure about it , just googled the stats from 2021 to prove it...(in fact Tamilnadu has 11 times more accidents) @mishra

Screenshot_20230104-125407.png

Edited by randomGuy

Delhi police is of same level as some Jharkhand or Chattisgarh police.  They get scared by some random goons forget about dreaded criminals. 

JK police is perhaps the most hardcore one in India....  Those guys don't mess around.  Crime no wonder is non existent. 

My friend from Assam once told me that Arunachal police is also infamous for being strict & Phainta lagaane wali. 

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Delhi has by far the best roads, the best driving sense, the least accidents , the least deaths per capita(given the high number of cars) in the entire country having seen the driving elsewhere....i was already quite sure about it , just googled the stats from 2021 to prove it...(in fact Tamilnadu has 11 times more accidents) @mishra

Screenshot_20230104-125407.png

Think you should add accidents in Noida Gaziabad Gurgain and Faridabad area to Delhites too

On 1/2/2023 at 9:40 PM, mishra said:

Don’t Drink and Drive.

Guessed so. Late night early moning on new Years eve

She was in a drunken state but insisted on driving the two-wheeler: Eyewitness Nidhi

She was in a drunken state but insisted on driving the two-wheeler. After being hit by the car, she came under it and got dragged. I was scared and went away from there, didn't tell anything to anyone, news agency ANI quoted Nidhi, the main eyewitness & friend of the deceased woman, as saying.

Fresh CCTV footage shows Kanjhawala victim fighting with woman outside hotel: Police

A fresh CCTV footage surfaced on Tuesday that showed the 20-year-old woman, who was killed after being hit by a car and dragged for several kilometres in outer Delhi, fighting with another woman outside a hotel just hours behind the incident. The CCTV footage retrieved by police showed the woman fighting with a woman outside the hotel after celebrating the new year. (PTI)

Judging by age and profession and timing, I have no doubt that car driver was drunk as well. Just that he wasnt caught on time or camera to proove that.

The accused are 26-year-old Gramin Sewa driver Deepak Khanna, 25-year-old SBI employee Amit Khanna, 27-year-old Krishan, who works with Spanish Culture Centre in CP and 27-year-old hairdresser Mithun, is 27-year-old ration dealer Manoj Mittal.

All of them including the second girl on scooty were too drunk to register what happened

Edited by mishra

6 hours ago, zen said:

The “drunk” lady (if the reports are true) paid the price with her life. The “drunk” in the car should be punished heavily (as mentioned, it is like a murder). 

drunk hit-and- runs mostly go unpunished - not saying I agree with this (at all), but that's how it is