Caste system is Pandit's creation not God - RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat

Lone Wolf

Stratification of family trade ended up turning into caste System. Its not fault of Brahmins that their families has for generations brought a culture of education. And then that stratification turned into Varna/Caste system.

Just a example about culture of Brahmins for which India should be thankfull is that of Don Vikas Dubey. He was killed by Yogi Police in some encounter . His teenage son was arrested and later released. I think he is doing a medical degree in Russia. So thats the culture among Brahmins.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/gangster-vikas-dubey-akash-dubey-returns-home-kanpur-encounter-633556

I expected better from Shri Mohan Bhagwat ji.

PS: I blame VP Singhs Mandal Commisiiions hasty  illthought (probably well thought) implementation for purpose of votebank politics which made many Brahmins of that era into goons but rich family tradition of Indian Brahmins that they still prefer growth via education over any other method. And no one, absolutely no one wants to change his caste into Brahmins. Thats how bad Brahmins are treated in India.

Edited by mishra

Edited version of my previous post because I'm not interested in a long discussion:

1) He's wrong to slur the various Brahmin communities of India, as if they are the only "casteists" or perpetuators of "caste" in India. 

2)The RSS, as an organization, is in the same vein as Arya Samaj/Brahmo Samaj, in that they don't really acknowledge many aspects of traditional Hinduism as essential, ie RSS tends to be non-ritualist. Like Arya Samaj, they also don't view jati/"caste" as some crucial/immutable part of Hinduism. 

3a) He's speaking specifically about jati, not Varnashrama, the latter obviously goes back to the Vedas, so they have a better claim to be "Gods-made". Jati/Jati-dharma, is conventionally defined by the practice of endogamous marriage within jatis/"castes" and hereditary occupations. The former, the genetic data suggest,  is only around 70 generations old in most of India. This practice is estimated to have started during the Gupta Empire. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4760789/

Someone or something must have initiated this practice. Whether that is "Gods-made", "Man-made", some combination, or something else, people are free to speculate.

3b) There is a caveat that this practice of endogamous marriage/reproduction within these jati/"caste" groups in the southern-most part of India, predates the practice in the rest of India. 

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0050269

Once again, people are free to speculate whether it was a southern cultural influence on/fusion with the rest of India, or whether the two are unrelated. 

Edited by Tibarn

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Anna, Čarvaka muni, nand yelli idli antha keltidiya?

Not really, guru.  Zen said that "some things in Hinduism" are man-made.  I just made the point that religion itself is man-made.  Nothing wrong with being man-made per se, right?   

Now, there is a good chance that I am wrong because there is evidence for ritualism, empathy and altruism in other species, too - these social behaviors are associated with greater survival that comes from socialization groups.  If one were to extend that to mean that it is these behaviors that then developed into religion, one would have to agree that religion is not man-made.

One thing for sure that I must learn - questioning another person's faith is thoughtless and unproductive. It can only lead to conflict as evidenced in this thread. 

1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

/

Why did you delete it? I wanted to refute some claims about population genetics. ANI and ASI is an artificial construct that is talked about as proven science to explain some differences in DNA. There are a lot of papers that refute some popular claims to endogamyic practices to prove that caste system was rigidly followed. 

23 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Not really, guru.  Zen said that "some things in Hinduism" are man-made.  I just made the point that religion itself is man-made.  Nothing wrong with being man-made per se, right?   

Now, there is a good chance that I am wrong because there is evidence for ritualism, empathy and altruism in other species, too - these social behaviors are associated with greater survival that comes from socialization groups.  If one were to extend that to mean that it is these behaviors that then developed into religion, one would have to agree that religion is not man-made.

One thing for sure that I must learn - questioning another person's faith is thoughtless and unproductive. It can only lead to conflict as evidenced in this thread. 

No offense taken. It's just that I avoid such conversations where people can eventually build up to question God's existence. 

Edited by zen

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Why did you delete it? I wanted to refute some claims about population genetics. ANI and ASI is an artificial construct that is talked about as proven science to explain some differences in DNA. There are a lot of papers that refute some popular claims to endogamyic practices to prove that caste system was rigidly followed. 

I was editing it for brevity, check again :((

Edited by Tibarn