Am I the only one reluctant to watch India when KL is in the playing XI ? Averages less than 35 in 45 tests. Is he Brijesh Patel’s karnataka quota guy ?

17 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

There is lobby against making Ashwin the captain for this very reason. He would kick out these non performing batsmen. 

YUvi is still holding grudge against Ashwin for kicking him out from the PKXI team. I think selection committed shouldn't even give chance to Team management. Unfortunately Team management plays a huge role in selection which should not be the case.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

YUvi is still holding grudge against Ashwin for kicking him out from the PKXI team. I think selection committed shouldn't even give chance to Team management. Unfortunately Team management plays a huge role in selection which should not be the case.

We all know the favoritism that Kohli has indulged in all his career -with highly biased  decisions like favoring Chahal over Kuldeep. 

I am surprised that Rohit is doing the same. 

There are commercial interests and conflicts of interests all around - indirect pressure from sponsorship companies causes captain to favor players who have same sponsors.

OP What do you mean Karnataka quota? If we had a quota like pre-00s Mumbai lobby had, we should’ve seen more players. KL is an outlier , has friends in high places, hence the preferential treatment. The focus on KL gives guys like Kohli, Pujara an extended run. Just like Iyer who is supposed to play spin very well failed, there is no guarantee that Gill would do much better than KL. Mayank plays spin best among those ignored. A lot of top order of both teams have failed here. Stop focusing only on KL. Every thread is about both Rahuls. Open one thread and gaali deke bhadaas nikalo, nikamma!

Edited by coffee_rules

I have trolled some fans here about “K factor” especially when it comes to bias of players like Kumble etc but I don’t think that is the case at all here. In fact those days of Mumbai lobbies and K factors are over. Now it’s the brand name, PR etc, the same reason why Salman gets paid more than say Nawazuddin. Not for acting skills clearly.

if it was k factor than Karun Nair is probably the most wronged cricketer in recent times. Is he great or not is a different debate but he was treated unfairly. Mayank has played more impactful knocks than Rahul in tests but didn’t get the same rope.

13 hours ago, SRT100 said:

We didnt lose the review as it was umpire's call.

Nevertheless he made the decision to review to save his career, not because he thought he was not out.

His career is not gone but he temporarily needs to vacate his place for gill. KL can come back if he performs in domestics.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I'm still holding grudge against SCG for fielding first in the 03 final :motz:

Sony GIF by The Grudge

10 minutes ago, Texan said:

Looks like KL's goose is cooked finally... for a little while at least. No way TM can afford to play him after yet another failure.

Next to go should be Chahal.

he is another major fraud who manages to find himself in the XI ahead of Kuldeep in the shorter versions. 

Can my bat, can’t field and is not even in the 10th best spinner in India in the shorter version. 

12 minutes ago, Texan said:

Looks like KL's goose is cooked finally... for a little while at least. No way TM can afford to play him after yet another failure.

Next to go should be Chahal.

he is another major fraud who manages to find himself in the XI ahead of Kuldeep in the shorter versions. 

Can my bat, can’t field and is not even in the 10th best spinner in India in the shorter version. 

11 hours ago, sarcastic said:

His career is not gone but he temporarily needs to vacate his place for gill. KL can come back if he performs in domestics.

Nope. If he's dropped once , he's off the Indian team for good. He's had way too many chances to have any credit left in the bank. 

Look at the other batsmen who were tried and discarded without even getting three tests in a row