Will the real Shiv Sena please stand up......

Mariyam

The Shiv Sena were the OG of divisive politics whose forte was 'othering' groups for political gains.

Now they are a house divided.

The EC has allotted their election symbol and party name to the Shinde faction.

Uddhav Thackeray has said that he will approach the Supreme Court.

What will happen to Uddhav if the SC doesn't set aside the order of the Election Commission? 

And more importantly, what happens to the BMC?

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The Shiv Sena were the OG of divisive politics whose forte was 'othering' groups for political gains.

What will happen to Uddhav if the SC doesn't set aside the order of the Election Commission? 

Most family businesses tend to fall apart in the 2nd generation....

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

"Othering" groups for political gains is the MO of politics, all politics.  Without an enemy, real or perceived, how will I make the case that I am your saviour? 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Back in 95, NDA gave CM post to SS. The then SS supremo elected Murli Manohar Joshi. I dont know where UBT is coming from to claim that BT wanted SS to take CM post. Besides in couple of terms, CM post would have naturally gone to SS, say in 24. 

In public rallies, BT never promoted UT on stage or any major policy making. This is very good in long run for MH. ES is a nice man and he is good until 24. They will re-assess the positions after the results.

I still feel MH economy has done very poorly in last 2-3 decades. If it was not for DF tenure, it would have looked worst. Enough of these useless partitions. Let this coalition rule for the next 2 consecutive terms and we are going to see MH touch $1T easily in next 4-6 years.

13 hours ago, Mariyam said:

SS is over. BMC will be final nail in their coffin. Only SS thugs can rescue sena now. Street violence could force BJP to make them part of govt. But apart from that they have lost credibility with them. 

Fate of SS is going to be the same as fate of MNS i.e.  reduced to nothing 

Sharad Pawar found a willing ally in Sanjay Raut to reduce SS to rubble. 

The remaining SS MLAs will also gradually move over to the Shinde camp.

It is only a matter of time -  SS will lose most of its  control over BMC. 

BJP smartly recruited Narayan Rane and his rowdy sons to respond to SS street violence in the same vein.

For those who grew up in Mumbai and witnessed SS thuggery - this is good riddance to bad rubbish. 

UT is a very soft leader. To showcase his strength, he tried first using strong words to suggest that he's got the control. Later he started using this uncivil and ill-mannered spoke person to attack modi. NCP and Cong kept giving impression that this ploy of SS was working and because he was at the post, he kept assuming that he is gaining power. 

But NCP and cong were enjoy all this hue and cry at the expense of SS. Local Cong and NCP leaders were very quiet in the past few years. The Chavans and Ajit dada or Supriya were awfully quiet in these years because SS was doing all the work for them.

Unfortunately, this genie was already out of the lamp and cannot be put back now. UT has burnt the bridge permanently. 

7 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

UT is a very soft leader. To showcase his strength, he tried first using strong words to suggest that he's got the control. Later he started using this uncivil and ill-mannered spoke person to attack modi. NCP and Cong kept giving impression that this ploy of SS was working and because he was at the post, he kept assuming that he is gaining power. 

But NCP and cong were enjoy all this hue and cry at the expense of SS. Local Cong and NCP leaders were very quiet in the past few years. The Chavans and Ajit dada or Supriya were awfully quiet in these years because SS was doing all the work for them.

Unfortunately, this genie was already out of the lamp and cannot be put back now. UT has burnt the bridge permanently. 

Ajit Dada ? Dada ? You remember what he said to the drought effected farmers right ? 

He is not a much lesser thug than SS. 

He runs a real estate mafia in Pune 

On 2/20/2023 at 10:42 PM, Mariyam said:

As an outsider having knowledge only through media, I think BMC is important here....in the other SS stronghold i.e. the coastal Maharashtra, most MLAs(by implication, largely the public as well) are already supporting Shinde. So if Mumbai also doesn't support UT in BMC, the SS party completely goes to Shinde and UT is finished...

2 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Ajit Dada ? Dada ? You remember what he said to the drought effected farmers right ? 

He is not a much lesser thug than SS. 

He runs a real estate mafia in Pune 

You didnt get my point. Yes i know them all for the last 4 decades. I have seen the family member first time 42 years ago in my town. I know how foul mouth he is. I am saying, that all of them were taking back seat when it came to criticizing BJP and modi since 2019.

If I was UT, i would have taken CM post and asked Ajit, Supriya, Deshmukh and Chavan to do all the talking. This way, UT would have been left with some redeeming grace for himself.

8 hours ago, dial_100 said:

If BJP gets BMC along with ES, it will be a huge for the city. Lot of corruption could be controlled. 

A lot of it has already reduced. 

On a recent India visit, used the Mumbai Pune expressway - the cash based poll booths are no longer there. Cashless Fasttags to prevent corruption. Thanks to Nitin Gadkari. 

On 2/21/2023 at 7:28 PM, dial_100 said:

You didnt get my point. Yes i know them all for the last 4 decades. I have seen the family member first time 42 years ago in my town. I know how foul mouth he is. I am saying, that all of them were taking back seat when it came to criticizing BJP and modi since 2019.

If I was UT, i would have taken CM post and asked Ajit, Supriya, Deshmukh and Chavan to do all the talking. This way, UT would have been left with some redeeming grace for himself.

UT is no politician. If UT was unhappy with BJP which he was, he should have let politics be managed by real politicians of SS and kept his role as Late Shri Bala Saheb. Most honourable thing would have been that he should have told Raut and co, they are free to do all tantrums as long as SS and BJP made a gvmnt together. Masterstroke would have been that SS will not go with BJP and ready to sit in opposition or outside support to BJP and BJP is free to go in a coalition with Congress or MNS.
In greed of becoming CM or may be a wrong decision to buy the idea of becoming CM, he simply left his own supporters with no choice. 

Edited by mishra