Would you endorse or object when Indian curators eventually put a stop to “Bazball”

maniac

Should Indian curators make dustbowls for an England series?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Bazball or dustbowl

• Own them with dustbowls
    • I am a bazball fan, bring on the pattas
    • Don’t care for both, rather watch WWE

England is the most exciting team to watch hands down. However I don’t think Indian pitches will suit Bazball especially the ones we get now.

When the Indian pitches put a break on it eventually like it will happen would you be happy or sad?

Lets see Brooks etc try reverse lap against square turning grenades from Ashwin,Jaddu and Axar.

I personally am conflicted :hmmmm2:

Edited by maniac
15 minutes ago, maniac said:

England is the most exciting team to watch hands down. However I don’t think Indian pitches will suit Bazball especially the ones we get now.

When the Indian pitches put a break on it eventually like it will happen would you be happy or sad?

Lets see Brooks etc try reverse lap against square turning grenades from Ashwin,Jaddu and Axar.

You are a confused chap for the wrong reasons. 

Ask yourself a counter question 

Do you endorse or object when Indian curators in the past have prepared pitches that neutralized quick bowlers from visiting teams when they had better quicks ? 

I guess not. We have grown up on it for decades.

So if you are not “ conflicted “ with neutralizing fast bowlers why be conflicted with neutralizing the slam bang approach to batting. 

It is all about neutralizing opposition’s strengths - batting or bowling. 

Bazball is somewhat perfect way to play in India.  You will be a sitting duck defending on raging Turners. 

Pant does it all the time,  Iyer as well against spin. 

Rohit also plays positively. 

Bazball can allow England to push scores in range of 300-320...  Consistently.  If they find two good spinners & win the toss..  It will be a absolute mouth watering contest. 

England always seems do do better than Aus in SC in last 10 years or so. 

21 minutes ago, Late Cut said:

I think more likely this strategy backfires  especially if England wins the toss. Frankly a bazball approach on a turning wicket is not a bad idea if executed well; one big score and the opposition is screwed.

That works only when 5 or 6 players in form and comfortable against spin. If you have 3 inform players who have no clue against spin and 2 out of form players  that will make them reliant on one player. Just remember they did try to sweep their way last time out of desperate much like Australia is doing now. But that didn't work. They coudln't cross 200 more than twice

578,  178, 134, 164, 112, 81, 205, 135  These are their scores.  Not liek they didn't try attacking. It just didn't work. You won't have time to dance down the wicket or sweep across the line. Heck Brook got out to Chahal of all the people twice in 7 balls against him in England.

25 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bazball is somewhat perfect way to play in India.  You will be a sitting duck defending on raging Turners. 

Pant does it all the time,  Iyer as well against spin. 

Rohit also plays positively. 

Bazball can allow England to push scores in range of 300-320...  Consistently.  If they find two good spinners & win the toss..  It will be a absolute mouth watering contest. 

England always seems do do better than Aus in SC in last 10 years or so. 

You would still need the bowlers to outperform Jadeja/Ashwin & at least one of our seamers, then Eng batters to outperform the like of RGS on such tracks! It can work maybe 1 our of 4/5 innings, I don't expect better chances if the pitches aren't all flat roads.

Not here nope, it will ultimately depend on the pitches though. Too flat & we'd be committing seppuku & too much raging maniacs & we'd almost be committing seppuku the other way!

Edited by R!TTER
35 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Let us wait and watch how Brook plays the IPL. That will give an idea to identify chinks in his armory.

Brook was in any u-19 wc? I guess,2018? Wasn't that top pick of the tournament for sure. Look at him now. While our u-19 prodigies are getting lost, perennially injured, getting beaten by Instagram models etc...

Just now, Bigg Brother said:

Brook was in any u-19 wc? I guess,2018? Wasn't that top pick of the tournament for sure. Look at him now. While our u-19 prodigies are getting lost, perennially injured, getting beaten by Instagram models etc...

Shubman Gill's world cup. That was. Brook was England under-19 captain. There is one guy from 2022 batch Tom Prest. He is another guy to watch out form. Made a duck in final. But overall he is a good player.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scorecard/40986/engu19-vs-indu19-final-icc-under-19-world-cup-2022

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

That works only when 5 or 6 players in form and comfortable against spin. If you have 3 inform players who have no clue against spin and 2 out of form players  that will make them reliant on one player. Just remember they did try to sweep their way last time out of desperate much like Australia is doing now. But that didn't work. They coudln't cross 200 more than twice

578,  178, 134, 164, 112, 81, 205, 135  These are their scores.  Not liek they didn't try attacking. It just didn't work. You won't have time to dance down the wicket or sweep across the line. Heck Brook got out to Chahal of all the people twice in 7 balls against him in England.

Trying to sweep on a low bounce track was just bad strategy- little to do with Bazball. You need to step out and drive. Frankly have seem both ashwin and jadeja welt under pressure. In fact, i think Jadeja is someone you should take on early because of his bowling style.

2 hours ago, Late Cut said:

Trying to sweep on a low bounce track was just bad strategy- little to do with Bazball. You need to step out and drive. Frankly have seem both ashwin and jadeja welt under pressure. In fact, i think Jadeja is someone you should take on early because of his bowling style.

How would you take on. Your timing has to be very different on these red soil dry pitches. You can't saunter down and smash bowlers. These guys are wily bowlers in these conditions. When it is flat you can take on. Actually England with their approach even on flat pitches in Pakistan didn't post 500.600 every time.  Against Hirwani Richards and other West indies tried attacking. Sure they attacked him. He went at 5 an over. But they also lost wicket sin clumps.

if the pitches turn too much, bazball is a good approach. if pitches are rather flat, bazball is a good approach. hence, the best chance is to in-between pitches where a spinner's quality comes to the forefront, allowing the spin trio to dominate over part-timers like root, jacks, leach, ahmed, etc.

46 minutes ago, Vijy said:

if the pitches turn too much, bazball is a good approach. if pitches are rather flat, bazball is a good approach. hence, the best chance is to in-between pitches where a spinner's quality comes to the forefront, allowing the spin trio to dominate over part-timers like root, jacks, leach, ahmed, etc.

Kuldeep is an unique spinner.  He should be part of the set up.

11 hours ago, maniac said:

It will be a case of 

"Live with the sword, die with the sword".

Baz Ball is a better alternative than Tuk-tuking anyways even in Indian conditions. But whether they able to find success in that, only time will tell.