What concerns you about India the most?

MechEng

The glorification of hustle culture. These guys have invaded LinkedIn to the point I've completely quit visiting that website.

India is going the Japan way where 8 hour work-shift is seen as lazy (even though you made an efficient use of those 8 hours), 70-80 hour work week is a status symbol now.

It's a dangerous trend where these days Indians in their 30s are getting diabetes and/or heart problems.

Edited by MechEng

19 hours ago, MechEng said:

The glorification of hustle culture. These guys have invaded LinkedIn to the point I've completely quit visiting that website.

India is going the Japan way where 8 hour work-shift is seen as lazy (even though you made an efficient use of those 8 hours), 70-80 hour work week is a status symbol now.

It's a dangerous trend where these days Indians in their 30s are getting diabetes and/or heart problems.

This is fairly normal. Almost all countries trying to escape the middle income trap have gone through this. There were be an excess which will balance once people are assured of their standing

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

This is fairly normal. Almost all countries trying to escape the middle income trap have gone through this. There were be an excess which will balance once people are assured of their standing

Except that workaholics are never assured. They need to be busy all the time.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:52 AM, MechEng said:

India is going the Japan way where 8 hour work-shift is seen as lazy(even though you made an efficient use of those 8 hours), 70-80 hour work week is a status symbol now.

I am struggling to get 5hr of productivity out of most. Avg Indian employee is looking for work life balance and not willing work towards life goal. Hike are seen as right by the most mediocre of person. 

12 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Poor diet.  The fact that massive portions of the country is protein deficient is massive concern. 

Government needs to bring changes in terms of staple diet of Indians. 

Divided by religion, united by childhood nutritional deficiencies. 

4 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I am struggling to get 5hr of productivity out of most. Avg Indian employee is looking for work life balance and not willing work towards life goal. Hike are seen as right by the most mediocre of person. 

I beg to differ. Indians are some of the most aggressive hustlers around.

It all begins from childhood with the severe education system, willing to go above and beyond for grades. Once they become adults, just replace grades with appraisals, it's the same thing.

Being on a teams call at 11:30 pm is seen as dedication. In Germany, nobody talks about work after 5 pm.

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Look at these numbers...  Absolute shocking.  How is this country supposed to progress when even major cities are in dire straits? 

1/1Skip AdContinue watchingafter the adVisit Advertiser websiteGO TO PAGE

9.png
1/1Skip AdContinue watchingafter the adVisit Advertiser websiteGO TO PAGE

9.png

worrying indeed.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

The diet is not too bad. You can get lots of proteins from dal/beans etc. I eat daal everyday as it tastes good and is nutritious.

I see a lot of obesity in big cities. Problem is a lack of exercise more than anything else.

Daal & cereals are extremely poor sources of protein except

Chickpeas.  Obesity is a different issue.  All boils down to ultimately poor dieting habits & staple food issue.  Even Non vegans have same issue as Protein intake is not up to the standard for them as well as non veg is still not the staple food in the Country coz of various reasons including cost.  Lassi serves as good source of protein intake in North western India which is part of staple diet in the region.  But that's a rare case. 

Edited by Lone Wolf