Atiq Ahmad, his brother Ashraf shot dead in Prayagraj, 3 attackers arrested

Austin 3:!6

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I don't think that anyone is shedding tears over the fact that a gangster was knocked off.

But the enthusiastic glee with which people are celebrating this execution as some sort of outlaw justice is extremely disheartening.

Assume for a moment, the person killed was a dreaded gangster, who happened to be Hindu. And his killers yelled " Allahu Akbar" as they shot him. Putting an honest hand to your heart, would you react the same way? 

I heard some sound bytes on a news channel re:this topic and Owaisi sounded like the most sane person on the panel.

I fear for India. I really do. I shouldn't be agreeing with Owaisi on anything.

I smell a conspiracy here, Ateek was in politics for many years and with his acceptance of using ISI weapons it could have opened a pandora of boxes for the politicians.
Yogi does not like gangsters and he has a hard way of dealing with them, but even he would not want to give it a religious colour by killing someone in front of camera.

There are 2 possibilities

1. Either it's a job done by someone who don't want Ateek to open his mouth and give more details + malign the UP govt + instigate the riots in Prayagraj.
2. Ateek's threat to the police after his son's encounter must have triggered someone from the police itself. And they planned it themseleves (the reason why they didn't try to stop the attackers). Chant may have been used to confuse the people.

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I don't think that anyone is shedding tears over the fact that a gangster was knocked off.

But the enthusiastic glee with which people are celebrating this execution as some sort of outlaw justice is extremely disheartening.

Assume for a moment, the person killed was a dreaded gangster, who happened to be Hindu. And his killers yelled " Allahu Akbar" as they shot him. Putting an honest hand to your heart, would you react the same way? 

I heard some sound bytes on a news channel re:this topic and Owaisi sounded like the most sane person on the panel.

It's not glee. It's relief. Imagine being underground for 23 years due to fear of this man and his clout. I think it's a terrible situation when 10 judges have to abstain or withdraw from cases fearing for their lives. We went through this in Mumbai in 90s. That was bloody. But the only way to break the mafia. Mumbai is better for it. 

As for Owaisi, even a broken clock ....

As for Jai Shree Ram, it is as credible as Lawrence Bishnoi saying he bumps of people going against national interest

Edited by ravishingravi

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

1. I don't support Jai Shri Ram chants during the shooting. I believe most Hindus won't. 

2. It is a blot on political system mainly SP party for political patronage of criminals that justice was delayed for so long. Atiq used to threaten and/or murder (as in this case) the witnesses.

3. At the same time I believe justice was done in this way. Even if the shooting was directed by state government.

4. I hope such acts don't have to be repeated in future and courts themselves are able to render timely justice.

13 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The last time when killers burnt a train compartment full of Hindus and shouted Allah’s Akbar , there were riots that are still being discussed after 22 years. This chanting is clearly aimed at causing riots in UP. I hope security is beefed up in sensitive areas .

I seriously doubt there is some faction of so-called saffron terrorist group as the west news media thinks there is one, operating in India killing in execution style with Turkish made expensive guns.

Nobody supports JSR after killing, a clear attempt to malign the chant that is used so commonly in India , even to greet people in the morning. 

Terrorism has no religion, but one shout of JSR by a goon is enough to call them Hindu terrorists. 

I don’t condone celebrations by politicians, but any cheering from aam junta is just a relief that you see when a bad guy eating dust in movies. My first thoughts were good riddance.  More Hindu gangsters are encountered than  Muslim ones by UP police. Some 90s style cleansing being done in UP as was done in the 90s in Mumbai. 

Edited by coffee_rules

1.Internal sabotage. Our powerful institutions like police, army, judiciary is filled with rogues, and personal interests groups. It ought to be discussed, debated much like the democracy politics.

2. Poor training. The police force is filled with incompetence, and laziness.  Those police guys at the spot were likely thinking about their next dinner than the task of handling the case and actions well.

3. Media. Unnecessary presence and marketing

Overall, the blame lies with state gov, as they knew about the 3 issues as well. They had ought to use sufficient resources to fill in the loopholes, yet it clearly failed.

On 4/17/2023 at 1:20 PM, ravishingravi said:

It's not glee. It's relief. Imagine being underground for 23 years due to fear of this man and his clout. I think it's a terrible situation when 10 judges have to abstain or withdraw from cases fearing for their lives. We went through this in Mumbai in 90s. That was bloody. But the only way to break the mafia. Mumbai is better for it. 

As for Owaisi, even a broken clock ....

As for Jai Shree Ram, it is as credible as Lawrence Bishnoi saying he bumps of people going against national interest

Yes Jai Shree Ram has been chanted just to give it a communal color by the masterminds. No wonder if one of his former aakas behind it.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:32 PM, coffee_rules said:

Blame the judicial system for that. They have criminals operating in jails while sentencing gets delayed indefinitely. Judges are recusing themselves out of fear. Karein to kya karein!

Yup this guy and his son was threatening one builder some Mughal or Muslim guy when he was on a rum after Umesh Pal murder.

On 4/17/2023 at 3:41 AM, Mariyam said:

Please someone kill Brijesh Singh, Raja Bhaiya. Muqtar, Harishankar , Dawood and chant whatever. I am from Prayag and we know exactly what Atiq mesns to people there

On 4/17/2023 at 4:01 PM, someone said:

1.Internal sabotage. Our powerful institutions like police, army, judiciary is filled with rogues, and personal interests groups. It ought to be discussed, debated much like the democracy politics.

2. Poor training. The police force is filled with incompetence, and laziness.  Those police guys at the spot were likely thinking about their next dinner than the task of handling the case and actions well.

3. Media. Unnecessary presence and marketing

Overall, the blame lies with state gov, as they knew about the 3 issues as well. They had ought to use sufficient resources to fill in the loopholes, yet it clearly failed.

To some level Law had caught up. He was sent for life in prison. But that didn’t stop murder of Pal on which was caught on cctv too. During the Pal’s shootout, security Policemen on duty decided to play dead to save his life. Thats the level of terror Atiq and his men have. This terror ofdons can not go away so easy. Same is true for the other Bahubalis in their region.

PS: By disclosing locations of weapons and links of his men, Atiq became a liability and Guddu Muslim will replace him unless He is shot dead.

Edited by mishra