What is the point of this Windies series?

sage

8 hours ago, Adamant said:

Lol at this thread.

Wi is a good team in home conditions 

, just because India is doing well here doesn’t mean Wi is a bad team.

kahan se aate hain ye log.

WI has s**t batting, but has strong bowling in home conditions. Hence, I don't rate ashwin's performance that much, but I give higher credibility to Jaiswal

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Jaiswal as opener, Gill at the more natural #3 position. This series could shape Indian cricket's future if these 2 lock in their positions. Bowling selection is a disappointment but what do you expect from the clown duo making these calls?

Gill is better at 4, I think. even no. 3 is a bit too high for him. someone like gaikwad may be suitable since he opens

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Jaiswal as opener, Gill at the more natural #3 position. This series could shape Indian cricket's future if these 2 lock in their positions. Bowling selection is a disappointment but what do you expect from the clown duo making these calls?

Gill will move back to opening once Rohit retires. Though helpful is ending Pujara's career.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

Gill is better at 4, I think. even no. 3 is a bit too high for him. someone like gaikwad may be suitable since he opens

Eventually Ruturaj will play at 3 and Gill at 4 when Kohli phases out..

But for now, the good part is he isn't opening

My god, what a *ing borefest. How do you bat at a SR of 30-40 and expect to compete against big boys? Not too often will a team bundle out for such paltry score against our one dimensioned bowling attack. We got lucky that the pitch was curated to our strengths (spin), but we cannot expect such conditions over and over again. We scored only 232 runs for the day against the spin might of Cornwall, Warrican etc; now imagine us facing spin maestros Joe Root, Moen Ali :giggle:

2 hours ago, ThirtyD. said:

My god, what a *ing borefest. How do you bat at a SR of 30-40 and expect to compete against big boys? Not too often will a team bundle out for such paltry score against our one dimensioned bowling attack. We got lucky that the pitch was curated to our strengths (spin), but we cannot expect such conditions over and over again. We scored only 232 runs for the day against the spin might of Cornwall, Warrican etc; now imagine us facing spin maestros Joe Root, Moen Ali :giggle:

This pitch is known for that.  The outfield was terrible. Ball was not at all traveling.  A lot of the shots would have been certain boundaries on any other ground. They probably missed 30 to 40 runs that way.  India is going at 2.76. On this ground Last time Pakistan made 376 at 2.56.  Before that Australia made 318 at 2.97.  

4 hours ago, ThirtyD. said:

warrican is a solid spinner on these pitches, and cornwall is very good. both better than root-ali

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

their spinners are quite good on these pitches. check FC records of motie, cornwall, warrican, etc for confirmation

Motie is a big miss in these conditions. If Cornwall managed to stay on the pitch and bowl 20 overs he would have done some damage - no pun intended - me thinks. He was troubling Jaiswal initially.

On 7/14/2023 at 4:30 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

stat padding for Vada Pav and Coolie.

One has already made a century the other is on his way to a painful slow one. But they will use this to justify their places in the whole WTC cycle

fortunately, brattus got out at 76