Is Rahul Dravid Destroying Indian Cricket?

23 hours ago, putrevus said:

That is very unfair. Rohit has played like 20 matches in last three years.

Rahul is not certainity if other players stake their claim.Kuldeep is playing over Chahal.

Bowling needs work but that has got nothing to do with older players.Younger guys like Prasidh Krsina have to stay healthy Guys like Umran have not improved at all. 

Jadjea played one match last world cup too that too after many injuries.Jadeja should not be in the squad.

Chahal is playing again.

8 hours ago, Norman said:

Ffs , what is up these stupid arsed questions of yours? Gives me major second hand embarassment.

You might as well go ahead and ask "why is scoring runs his responsibility, is he the only batter" lol.. 

it could apply to fielding as well.

6 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Another glitch, yet another detonation on the path of destruction laid by RD. Hope we lose this T20 series to Windies. Cant support this team anymore. 

perhaps he is secretly a criminal mastermind plotting to destroy all of indian cricket

On 8/4/2023 at 11:24 PM, Vijy said:

at that time, dravid was mostly known for U19 and Ind A, and he had done a good job with both those teams. then, he took over the senior team and morphed into dravidiot

Even there he screwed in one u19 wc final. He is overrated coach and captain.

The notion of destroying Indian cricket appears far-fetched. I think the issue is with over-expectations among fans where they want India to win every game, picking up wickets off every ball and hitting every ball for a boundary. And when that does NOT happen, the incumbent is "destroying" cricket and the person not in charge is automatically the "savior". 

Edited by zen
53 minutes ago, zen said:

The notion of destroying Indian cricket appears far-fetched. I think the issue is with over-expectations among fans where they want India to win every game, picking up wickets off every ball and hitting every ball for a boundary. And when that does NOT happen, the incumbent is "destroying" cricket and the person not in charge is automatically the "savior". 

Utter Bull crap, this outrage from fans have only happened when you have started losing against Bangladesh, West Indies now, failed to win 2 ICC WTC Finals, lost to Australia at home? What nonsense are you peddling here? Have you started to envision another Dra-cula in Dra-vid?

2 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Utter Bull crap, this outrage from fans have only happened when you have started losing against Bangladesh, West Indies now, failed to win 2 ICC WTC Finals, lost to Australia at home? What nonsense are you peddling here? Have you started to envision another Dra-cula in Dra-vid?

I don't look at those who bring out such unnecessary "outrage" as fans, who should not follow sports if they can't take losses (India too was a relatively weak team esp. in the 90, and where it beat stronger teams like SA at home in LOIs - Hero Cup, Titan Cup, etc. It also won a WC despite being a minnow).

The team is in a transition phase where some players have been playing for a long time, while some of the others are facing injuries and/or going through a lean phase. At times, many bilaterals are used to test the bench strength. 

Yeah I would like to meet that one fan who wants boundary of every delivery, or even win every game? 

Nobody's expecting that, but there is no distinct approach or style of play, no consistency in selection, players are being plucked from wherever and thrown in and then removed. Results are the last thing people here cry about and even they are nothing to feel good about

2 minutes ago, zen said:

I don't look at those who bring out such unnecessary "outrage" as fans, who should not follow sports if they can't take losses (India too was a relatively weak team esp. in the 90, and where it beat stronger teams like SA at home in LOIs - Hero Cup, Titan Cup, etc. It also won a WC despite being a minnow).

The team is in a transition phase where some players have been playing for a long time, while some of the others are facing injuries and/or going through a lean phase. At times, many bilaterals are used to test the bench strength. 

This is just as excuse to cover up tactical errors, selection blunders, if Newzealand had the resources and money which BCCI has, i speculate they would have ruled World Cricket.

This transition thing is just an excuse to cover your own weaknesses.

Just now, Sean Bradley said:

This is just as excuse to cover up tactical errors, selection blunders, if Newzealand had the resources and money which BCCI has, i speculate they would have ruled World Cricket.

Yes, so there in not much point in expecting miracles from a culture that is not suited to sports or where fans foolishly seek to do more harm than good!  (And NZ probably has better fanbase too). 

The team is not at full strength at the moment and also trying out new players for the future.  

On 8/4/2023 at 12:45 PM, Lone Wolf said:

This Eggspert was very highly rated during Shastri Kohli era on ICF... 

My hope was our batting would improve a tad bit under him. It  doesn't seem to be happening as i don't think Dravid is involved in any kind of technical coaching. He left to batting legend Vikram Rathore.  As a coach he didn't set out any vision as India was supposed to initate the transition.  Injuries happen. You have to manage it.  

Lol as soon as Bandya started facing reality check of captaining against international team, some of his fans who spent whole life bickering or ranting against kohli, rohit or tendulkar  for their captaincy suddenly started talking we cant win all matches as team is in transition. These chapri fans always pass sweeping statements on fans that fans wants everything to be won to get easy pass through. Achha ab samjha,Inn chapriyon ke hisab se team india isliey wi or bd se series haar rahi hai because fans have unwanted expectations, matlab sab fans ki vajah se ho raha hai because we don’t understand sports ,Gaat it!! BC chapri captain ke fans bhi chapri hi hai.

Edited by raki05
12 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

My hope was our batting would improve a tad bit under him. It  doesn't seem to be happening as i don't think Dravid is involved in any kind of technical coaching. He left to batting legend Vikram Rathore.  As a coach he didn't set out any vision as India was supposed to initate the transition.  Injuries happen. You have to manage it.  

it has declined massively instead

On 8/7/2023 at 4:26 AM, Sean Bradley said:

India has corruption though. Nz not so much.