Team India's squad for Asia Cup Announced - KL, Shreyas back and Tilak Varma included

tweaker

8 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

1993 - 1996 World Cup era side was pretty good. Definitely on an upward curve. But the relentless schedule, nepotism, and rampant fixing threw us several years behind. 

There were many selection blunders during this period.On the England tour of 96,only three seamers and 4 spinners were selected.

For a long tour only Mongia was the sole wicketkeeper. 

Vinod Kambli was dropped and Rahul and Ganguly made their debut.

The current coaches Rahul,Rathore Mhambrey were selected during this tour

35 minutes ago, tweaker said:

There were many selection blunders during this period.On the England tour of 96,only three seamers and 4 spinners were selected.

For a long tour only Mongia was the sole wicketkeeper. 

Vinod Kambli was dropped and Rahul and Ganguly made their debut.

The current coaches Rahul,Rathore Mhambrey were selected during this tour

England tour was after the World Cup. I was talking strictly in ODI's and up until WC QF.  The ODI side took years to recover after that World Cup with Azhar continuing as captain.

With Inzy back in selection panel he will announces strongest pak team in asia cup.

We are generally good in ODI format in Asia but how our player take its totally diftrent challenge, Rohit told 6 mos ago "Asia cup /wc etc After long long time, why we need to bother? This is bad Attitude by leader.

We not yet settled with our batting in ODI leg, 3 matches at home vs Aus & Asia cup will tell us how we can do in Wc.

I wish Vintag Rahul & Iyer S back till wC because i never Trust Sky in ODI playing Xl. Krunal Pandya & Washington not around even for selection

Rohit should open with Gill only.I would like # 3 Kishan than Jaiswal. ( than kohli/ Shreyas / Rahul/ Hardik Pandya / if Rahul & Syreyas not fit than we have to includes Samson or Tilak in playing xl. Only 1 of them, shivam Dube in red hot form in Batsmam catagory

For Axar he is very unpredictable so i do not think he can get in 1st 12. ( we have other option for spinner in ODI so we not talk about Axar or Sundar in All rounder slot for 50/50)

Bumrah will be back by WC or in Asia cup. We have plenty of option for seam &:spin in playing xl.

18 minutes ago, Tarak9 said:

With Inzy back in selection panel he will announces strongest pak team in asia cup.

We are generally good in ODI format in Asia but how our player take its totally diftrent challenge, Rohit told 6 mos ago "Asia cup /wc etc After long long time, why we need to bother? This is bad Attitude by leader.

We not yet settled with our batting in ODI leg, 3 matches at home vs Aus & Asia cup will tell us how we can do in Wc.

I wish Vintag Rahul & Iyer S back till wC because i never Trust Sky in ODI playing Xl. Krunal Pandya & Washington not around even for selection

Rohit should open with Gill only.I would like # 3 Kishan than Jaiswal. ( than kohli/ Shreyas / Rahul/ Hardik Pandya / if Rahul & Syreyas not fit than we have to includes Samson or Tilak in playing xl. Only 1 of them, shivam Dube in red hot form in Batsmam catagory

For Axar he is very unpredictable so i do not think he can get in 1st 12. ( we have other option for spinner in ODI so we not talk about Axar or Sundar in All rounder slot for 50/50)

Bumrah will be back by WC or in Asia cup. We have plenty of option for seam &:spin in playing xl.

IMG_1822.jpeg

5 hours ago, Tarak9 said:

My answer is also the same nothing different no difference ...

6 hours ago, Tarak9 said:

Inzy, India's only hope

Edited by Suhaan
3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

If Iyer and KL are not selected for Asia Cup, drop them from the WC team as well. Worse than taking out of form mediocre players, it is to take unfir out of form mediocre players. 

India failed to try the right players. They should have tried Rinku singh. Even Tilak seems to be an option. Instead they backed SKY blindly.  Current line up has no bastmen who deserves to play at 4, 5, 6.  Pandya is more a no.7, So is Jaddu.  Axar is more a no.8. Samson can't even switch between ODI and T20.Genuines innings builders should have been tried in the middle. Kedar Jadav, Rayudu look like million bucks compared t o what we have now. This is the reason why Iyer and KL Rahul can take t heir own time come back straight into the side. India lacks players with ODI temperament.  29 year old Patidar gave some hope. But his achilles injury set him back. Most of the domestic talents are openers. Ruturaj, Jaiswal, Sai Sudarshan.   Samson messed up the golden opportunity.  

Tilak and Jaiswal can solve so many problems for us , it'd actually be foolish to not give them a chance before the world cup.

1. Both can bowl and together, they can handle the 6th bowler overs if needed which will open an extra batting slot.

2. Both can play in the top 4 and having two left handers in the top 4 is gold dust for any white ball side these days to counter the leg spinners.

3. Both are attack minded and look to have very good temperament at this point. Much better than Sky and Samson..

Just drop Gill to 3 , let Kohli be the consolidator at 4 and suddenly the batting looks much more versatile and even flexible..

43 minutes ago, Norman said:

Tilak and Jaiswal can solve so many problems for us , it'd actually be foolish to not give them a chance before the world cup.

1. Both can bowl and together, they can handle the 6th bowler overs if needed which will open an extra batting slot.

2. Both can play in the top 4 and having two left handers in the top 4 is gold dust for any white ball side these days to counter the leg spinners.

3. Both are attack minded and look to have very good temperament at this point. Much better than Sky and Samson..

Just drop Gill to 3 , let Kohli be the consolidator at 4 and suddenly the batting looks much more versatile and even flexible..

Completely agree lets try Tilak and Jaiswal rather than giving chance to ultra mediocre Kela and ever injured Iyer. Iyer can still come but not at the expense of Tilak and Jaiswal.

10 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Completely agree lets try Tilak and Jaiswal rather than giving chance to ultra mediocre Kela and ever injured Iyer. Iyer can still come but not at the expense of Tilak and Jaiswal.

Just hope the SKY in ODIs experiment is over too. Iyer would still have been pretty useful in home ODIs but can't do much about injuries. 

KL will be there no matter what though. He will definitely be back for the Australia ODIs and slot straight in to the playing XI with a grand total of 3 games as warmup for the world cup.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

If Iyer and KL are not selected for Asia Cup, drop them from the WC team as well. Worse than taking out of form mediocre players, it is to take unfir out of form mediocre players. 

Iyer is not mediocre in ODIs. Good player of spin. And a good MO bat. 

His injury has further unsettled the side when we thought at least 1 position has locked in. 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Iyer is not mediocre in ODIs. Good player of spin. And a good MO bat. 

His injury has further unsettled the side when we thought at least 1 position has locked in. 

Iyer "was" not mediocre maybe. The present as in "is" we don't know. An injury that sidelines a player for a while is not a trivial matter.

I liked Rafael Nadal's explanation about importance of match practice. He said nothing gives the "calmness" that comes with match practice and you have to play a lot of matches to get it. He said he meant the calmness to hit the right shot during an important point. Only comes with match practice.

Edited by AKane