Let's back the boys

Gollum

46 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

So out of 9 matches we need to win 6 right?

Yup.

Win against Netherlands, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan 

And Win two out of three against South Africa/New Zealand / Pakistan which is entirely doable.

And then the games against Aus/Eng are just bonuses. 

There are 4 Semi Slots and atleast 6 contenders. England, Australia, SA, NZ, India and Pakistan. 

SL might be another contender if they find some form so I don't think it will be too straightforward. 

Have to start well, lose first two games against Australia and Pakistan what hope will be left then ? 

Edited by rageaddict
19 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Chalo, done being realistic . Time to support no matter what. 

I hope Frau,.... I mean Jadeja smashes 40 off 25 balls and takes 2 wickets in the middle overs every match and makes me eat my words. 

And Shardul will turn into a monster death bowler and hits 25 runs at #8 of 15 balls .

Hardik to bowl all 10 every match as well. :cheer:

And what about batters?

Scorecard like this:-

Rohit 5(18)

Gill 1(3)

Kohli 14(16)

Iyer 9(6)

Rahul 4(21)

On 9/30/2023 at 1:46 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

To be honest, I have faith in the individual batters, just not in the lineup as a whole which is too shallow and primed for tuk tuk conservative batting.

Koli, Iyer and KL are capable of going tuk tuk all the way till the 45th over and feel like they have done their job, which is why its important to not play this trio.

Too much of sameness, similarly Gill too has the capacity to go tuk tuk.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:58 PM, Norman said:

And then the games against Aus/Eng are just bonuses. 

Should be winning against them if we need to have a chance in KO, one of the telltale signs of the last campaign was how daftly they gave up chasing vs Eng on that belter in 2019 WC, when you throw away your weapons so easily you're just a quitter & you could argue the same vs Oz in 2015 SF!