Let's back the boys

Gollum

LOL rudaalis (crybabies) of ICF are at it again..thread after thread on the hypothetical scenarios.

When we win, they identify a couple of targets (Gill/Iyer/Rahul/SKY/Siraj) asking for them to be replaced. When other teams win, they imagine a scenario of these teams easily thrashing us.

So much misery, so much gloom and doom. All just because this group loves name calling and abusing the team and took a position that India will get thrashed in Asia up and in the WC.

Happy Diwali! Nice to see the whole team celebrating the festival. Great team vibes. The team that stays together, wins together.

Edited by coffee_rules
On 11/7/2023 at 11:43 PM, saneindian said:

LOL rudaalis (crybabies) of ICF are at it again..thread after thread on the hypothetical scenarios.

When we win, they identify a couple of targets (Gill/Iyer/Rahul/SKY/Siraj) asking for them to be replaced. When other teams win, they imagine a scenario of these teams easily thrashing us.

So much misery, so much gloom and doom. All just because this group loves name calling and abusing the team and took a position that India will get thrashed in Asia up and in the WC.

The likes of @Laaloo and @vvvslaxman have nothing going on in their lives besides constantly whining and they've attacked Indian cricket and its greats like Sir Jadeja for over 10 years on this forum.

I don't know how you live with so much negativity

One thing must say. Win or lose.. i m proud of how India played.. even more happier than what they were in 2011..England nearly beat us, we had no clue when Strauss was hammering us and we lost to saf after scoring 328.. in addition every match I remember when we batted first when the batting powerplay was taken we lost wickets in heaps and got bowled out.. against pak sachin was dropped 5 times.. Raina bailed us out. The only comparison to 2023 would be the 2004 CT ( so unlucky couldnt win it singularly) and 2013 CT trophy where we steamrolled all teams  ...just see the highlights of how we dismantled Pakistan in group stages and hammered them by 8 wickets chasing in Edgbaston and repeated it against windies again bashing them by 8 wickets and then following it up against a strong SL in Semis where we thrashed them by 8 wickets.. lol i remember in a warm up match we even bowled out Australia for 65 odd with DK scoring 140 odd and India 350 odd.. in the finals we actually were the unlucky side and were put into bat after rain in overcast conditions.. by the time we bowled pitch had became flat but em es dee s legendary luck and ishants back to back wickets of bopara and morgan turned the game in our favour.. so yes we have played similar cricket in past as well and have won.. what i just want the team to do is field well.. no unforced errors, no dropping catches.. these are controllables and that will make the biggest difference in my opinion.. 

Just now, neel roy said:

One thing must say. Win or lose.. i m proud of how India played.. even more happier than what they were in 2011..England nearly beat us, we had no clue when Strauss was hammering us and we lost to saf after scoring 328.. in addition every match I remember when we batted first when the batting powerplay was taken we lost wickets in heaps and got bowled out.. against pak sachin was dropped 5 times.. Raina bailed us out. The only comparison to 2023 would be the 2004 CT ( so unlucky couldnt win it singularly) and 2013 CT trophy where we steamrolled all teams  ...just see the highlights of how we dismantled Pakistan in group stages and hammered them by 8 wickets chasing in Edgbaston and repeated it against windies again bashing them by 8 wickets and then following it up against a strong SL in Semis where we thrashed them by 8 wickets.. lol i remember in a warm up match we even bowled out Australia for 65 odd with DK scoring 140 odd and India 350 odd.. in the finals we actually were the unlucky side and were put into bat after rain in overcast conditions.. by the time we bowled pitch had became flat but em es dee s legendary luck and ishants back to back wickets of bopara and morgan turned the game in our favour.. so yes we have played similar cricket in past as well and have won.. what i just want the team to do is field well.. no unforced errors, no dropping catches.. these are controllables and that will make the biggest difference in my opinion.. 

And do not lose wickets in first 10. Our SF 2019 basically finished in 10 overs. 

3 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

And do not lose wickets in first 10. Our SF 2019 basically finished in 10 overs. 

The sad thing is in that wc our middle order was DK ( Came into team due to his t20 exploits) , Pant ( who was left out of original squad) and Pandya ( hyper version). Shreyas Iyer was tried in KUL CHA SAF 2018 series before the WC and scored pretty well but never got a settled position.. in the SF India got a umpires call against kohli ( KW got an umpires call in his favour in wtc final btw which looked plumb and nz were 130/5) and Pant and Pandya couldnt hold their nerves when there were enough overs.. both fell to hoicks over cow corner.. we now have rahul iyer sky jadeja who have played enough matches by now and i hope they play to their potential..

Rohit has said 'toss is not a factor at Wankhede'

But some 'experts' say the ball will swing first 10-15 overs while batting second and will favor the defending team heavily.

Statistically this world cup three teams (229 runs, 149 runs, 302 runs) have won convincingly batting first. The only team to win batting second was Australia, but it required a G.O.A.T innings from Maxwell to do it.

I feel like whoever wins the toss will start the game with a massive advantage. :hitler: