KL Rahul - The middle order ODI Batsman

4 hours ago, Texan said:

That is the only suitable spot for him. NEVER... I repeat... NEVER should he open in LOI cricket. 

Good innings today, but why get upset over not reaching a personal landmark? Shouldn't the joy of hitting a 6 coupled with a team win overshadow personal milestones?!

It was a leading question. C’mon, nobody will be  disappointed with a win. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It was a leading question. C’mon, nobody will be  disappointed with a win. 

It's not just about KL. Yes, his ODI record in MO is really good and hope he keeps contributing. 

The problem is the psychology of how most of our cricketers approach milestones. Kohli is another prime example of someone who chases personal milestones of late. They should keep those aside and if it comes along then well and good. They should try the Sehwag philosophy. Play the ball on merit irrespective if score is 0 or 99. 

10 hours ago, Texan said:

It's not just about KL. Yes, his ODI record in MO is really good and hope he keeps contributing. 

The problem is the psychology of how most of our cricketers approach milestones. Kohli is another prime example of someone who chases personal milestones of late. They should keep those aside and if it comes along then well and good. They should try the Sehwag philosophy. Play the ball on merit irrespective if score is 0 or 99. 

I watched the interview again and I take back my comments. It was not a leading question, but Bishop was asking about the end looking hurried up with a lot of shots and KL literally said he was planning to hit a 4 and a 6. But the attempted 4 became a sixer. If it’s not a tongue-in-cheek comment, it really shows how they play for milestones! 

Judge for yourself