‘Happened to me every day’— ex-Pakistan spinner Danish Kaneria on facing religious bias in team

Trichromatic

2 minutes ago, Number said:

People think this is not true ? :cantstop:

Shoaib Akhtar mentioned this in a live show, how his team mates used to bully and mock and discriminate against Kaneria.

Akhtar also mentioned that Inzimam and his mulla gang members used to spend more time discussing how to invite opponent team to Islam than how to win against them.

Pathetic mindset ingrained by Inzimam who became a full time maulana and part time batsman. When he tookover as captain they still had some good talent, with this ch^tiya mentality he left them at the level of Sri Lanka.

Noone said it is not true, question is how long will he milk it.Everytime there is India Pakistan match, these guys come out of the woodworks to tell same nonsense.

Just now, Number said:

Just showing how desperate these guys were. If they did this to Lara, what would they do a subordinate. Just think..

Don't we get many Jehovah witnesses trying to give their brochures and knocking every door asking people to come to their churches.

That is what I dislike about both religions, why there is a need to spread your religion.

Just now, putrevus said:

Don't we get many Jehovah witnesses trying to give their brochures and knocking every door asking people to come to their churches.

That is what I dislike about both religions, why there is a need to spread your religion.

Well they are professional missionaries so I understand their position.

If I got a colleague asking me to convert, I would freak out to be honest.

Or a senior in team creating an environment which constantly revolves around religion, I won't feel easy (even if he belongs to the religion I follow).

4 minutes ago, Number said:

Just showing how desperate these guys were. If they did this to Lara, what would they do a subordinate. Just think..

They tried to convert Lara, perhaps tried to do it with others too including Kaneria.

However discriminating if they don't is different allegation.

This is same Inzi talking about the issue. Do you believe him?

As usual Hindus on this thread trying to sound politically correct to boast how liberal and causal they are with regards to Islamists In Pak or other Radicalized islamist states.

Living a Hindu,Sikh or any minority's life is the worst think to face In Pakistan or any radical Islamised state ,try to live their for once before shutting down such claims  !!

10 minutes ago, Lord said:

They tried to convert Lara, perhaps tried to do it with others too including Kaneria.

However discriminating if they don't is different allegation.

This is same Inzi talking about the issue. Do you believe him?

Why would Inzi say that he used to discriminate with Danish. For me it is simple, you bring religion to your work like this pathetic Mulla Inzi used to, you are being discriminatory right there. Everything over that is just an add on.

15 minutes ago, adi B said:

As usual Hindus on this thread trying to sound politically correct to boast how liberal and causal they are with regards to Islamists In Pak or other Radicalized islamist states.

Living a Hindu,Sikh or any minority's life is the worst think to face In Pakistan or any radical Islamised state ,try to live their for once before shutting down such claims  !!

Seriously man. Even sane minded Pakistanis were sick of how Inzi used to go overboard with the religion and it was so embarrassing for them.

But we have Indians defending him :hysterical:

6 hours ago, nikrulz said:

I have great respect for Bangladesh and Afghanistan Cricket teams, they don't wear their Religion on their sleeves.

The Pakistan team on the other hand does, at every given opportunity and makes no qualms about it. 

Is this the same Afghanistan that forced thousands of Sikhs and Hindus to flee in the 90s and wear orange arm bands while out in public, blew up Ancient Buddhist statues? The same Bangladesh where Hindus were around 22% of the population in 1970 and now just 8%.

Pakistani, Afghan, Bangladeshi and Indian muslims are the exact same. Indian muslims only act less aggressive because of their numbers but as we saw in Kashmir they are no different once a majority. Lakshwadeep is also 100% Muslim. Wake up. 

The only half decent muslims I've met abroad have been Iranians and some Turks. 

Edited by Ranvir

12 hours ago, putrevus said:

Noone said it is not true, question is how long will he milk it.Everytime there is India Pakistan match, these guys come out of the woodworks to tell same nonsense.

Brings us to a broader philosophical question:

Should there be a statute of limitations on 'milking' personal, professional or national tragedies?

Is it morally repugnant to gain some traction by sensationalising a tragedy/misfortune one has faced? Even if it is done in perpetuity?

Would like to know what you (all) think?

@BacktoCricaddict

Edited by Mariyam

6 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Is this the same Afghanistan that forced thousands of Sikhs and Hindus to flee in the 90s and wear orange arm bands while out in public, blew up Ancient Buddhist statues? The same Bangladesh where Hindus were around 22% of the population in 1970 and now just 8%.

Pakistani, Afghan, Bangladeshi and Indian muslims are the exact same. Indian muslims only act less aggressive because of their numbers but as we saw in Kashmir they are no different once a majority. Lakshwadeep is also 100% Muslim. Wake up. 

The country barometer in my view is whether or not a Muslim guy of that country is fine with his sister/daughter  marrying a non Muslim and naming/raising kids as per dad's religion. 

21 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Brings us to a broader philosophical question:

Should there be a statute of limitations on 'milking' personal, professional or national tragedies?

Is it morally repugnant to gain some traction by sensationalising a tragedy/misfortune one has faced? Even if it is done in perpetuity?

Would like to know what you (all) think?

@BacktoCricaddict

Godhra /Modi ??

Just now, diga said:

Godhra /Modi ??

No. Not a political discussion at all.

Though you maybe on to something with your post.

The question is philosophical.

For how long can one get mileage/ sympathy for a tragedy. On a morality scale from Gautam Buddha to Pol Pot, where does trying to take advantage of a tragedy long ago fall?

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

No. Not a political discussion at all.

Though you maybe on to something with your post.

The question is philosophical.

For how long can one get mileage/ sympathy for a tragedy. On a morality scale from Gautam Buddha to Pol Pot, where does trying to take advantage of a tragedy long ago fall?

You started with personal tragedies getting milked. It depends on individual cases. In case of kaneria , it is a plausible story and he faces hatred in the Pakistan society day-in and day-out as a voiceless Hindu minority. People doubting him and accusing him of attention seeking see only the match-fixer in him and don't realize the hatred he might have faced is a genuine case. When Pakistanis are crying wolf about Babar/Rizwan being abused by  religious sloganeering (JSR), it makes him natural to comment on the hypocrisy of  Pakistanis. He's an extrovert on Twitter and is vocal about his Hindu identity,  call it monetizing his SM or attention-seekimg, he is within his rights.

For historical injustices, it depends on who is building the narative around the tragedy. Do we want to move on or keep rekindling the same ytagedies? Do you want to forget and forgive 26/11 or 9/11 happened? Forget Gautam Buddha, there are people in academia  and in politics, crying about an alleged Aryan invasion and playing politics qith it - Dravidian, UC-LC, Brahmin hatred and campainging for reservations for future generation based on a discrimination that a narrative established 1000s of years ago  etc. Do we forget the Islamist Invaders that plundered temples? 

In short, no , there is no statute of limittions, who plays the victim card the strongest makes a case of milking it forever.

Edited by coffee_rules

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yousuf Youhana got influenced by teammates and became Mohammed Yousuf. , why are you doubting that they wouldn’t try the same with he only other Non-Muslim in the team? Danish had voiced it much before his match fixing saga. 

He thought converting would help him bag the captaincy post. But that didn't work out as he thought. A convert is a convert, he isn't a "real" Muslim to the people who matter. 

6 minutes ago, nevada said:

He thought converting would help him bag the captaincy post. But that didn't work out as he thought. A convert is a convert, he isn't a "real" Muslim to the people who matter. 

Maybe, but I seriously doubt he acted and converted on his own, withoiut any influence. Saaed Anwar was the first to become pious after a personal tragedy. I hear that the maulvi who motivated him got others indoctrined as as well - Inzi, Mushtaq, Saqlain, Youhana all became radicalized (I mean growing a beard and looking like a Mullah) in that era. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

17 hours ago, Ranvir said:

I have great respect for Bangladesh and Afghanistan Cricket teams.

They are professionals and they stick to their profession.