Who would you rest for Ned game?

dial_100

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah should play.  He is returning after a long layoff and 10 days without a game may stiffen his body. 

in that case, all 3 can play. I suspect that he will actually be tired. a break would be good for someone coming off an injury (we saw how gill did immediately post-dengue). shami has had a break in the first half, so he can play.

21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

in that case, all 3 can play. I suspect that he will actually be tired. a break would be good for someone coming off an injury (we saw how gill did immediately post-dengue). shami has had a break in the first half, so he can play.

Prasidh must get a game  What if he is needed due to a niggle.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh must get a game  What if he is needed due to a niggle.

then Lord will step up, and showcase his greatness; in seriousness, prasidh should play. I would rather have siraj play instead of bumrah. I know he looks in good shape, but I am still concerned about fatigue manifesting in the WC at some point.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

then Lord will step up, and showcase his greatness; in seriousness, prasidh should play. I would rather have siraj play instead of bumrah. I know he looks in good shape, but I am still concerned about fatigue manifesting in the WC at some point.

1 game after 7 days won't cause fatigue to any player. Match practice is more important before KOs. 

If there wasn't a case for getting ready the 3 injury backups, I would have have played the same 11.

And Dravid has made it clear that Prasidh is the pace backup and not Shardul  (  rightfully so ) 

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1 game after 7 days won't cause fatigue to any player. Match practice is more important before KOs. 

If there wasn't a case for getting ready the 3 injury backups, I would have have played the same 11.

And Dravid has made it clear that Prasidh is the pace backup and not Shardul  (  rightfully so ) 

shardul is cr*p. wouldn't even play for Pak, that's how bad he is

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

For the game against Ned: Prasidh, Ashwin & Thakur should be IN.  Bumrah, Shami & Kuldeep OUT(rested)

I would actually rest Siraj instead of Kuldeep. 

Kuldeep has barely bowled in a few games because matches against ENG, SL, SA got over quick 

Shami hasn't actually played a lot. Bumrah and Siraj have bowled in every match I think. So they need a break .

I'd like to play

Ash

Prasidh

Thakur

Kuldeep

Jaddu/Shami ( whoever needs less of a break )

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Only reason they might want to avoid is potential freak injuries

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

That can happen during practice sessions too.

What Pandya did was very innocuous attempt to stop. He is totally out of the world cup. Why take chances? India needs every one fit and firing for the semi final. We can't rest everyone. I think the may play shami. Poor guy deserves a lot of wickets. Should have surpassed Starc already had he played all the matches.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

What Pandya did was very innocuous attempt to stop. He is totally out of the world cup. Why take chances? India needs every one fit and firing for the semi final. We can't rest everyone. I think the may play shami. Poor guy deserves a lot of wickets. Should have surpassed Starc already had he played all the matches.

But pandya is physically weak lacks muscle mass due to poor diet and genetics. Cant extrapolate that to everyone else

Its not just a seven day break.

SAf game ended in 27 overs, SL game in 19 overs.

So in last 2 weeks Bumrah has bowled 10 overs(5 vs SL and 5 vs SAf). So have Siraj and Shami.

They are more likely to get out of rhythm for the semifinal if they don't play compared to get hurt if they play.

Play the same team with same intensity and don't second guess oneself. If you want to bring in Prasidh - give rest to one of the batsmen or maybe Jadeja(bowled 9 vs SAf + batted vs both) ..... Batsmen batted the full quota vs SL and SAf. The bowlers are more than rested.

Edited by AKane