India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

3 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Not announced yet 

It is obvious if you know that semi final umpires , officiate in finals ( excluding umpires of the nationality that are playing in the finals ) - other 2 semi final umpires are an Aussie and Indian. 2 Englishmen will officiate the finals - one of whom is Kettleborough.

It's completely like the 2003 WC with the situation reversed...at that time Australia were the dominant side having won every match and beaten India comfortably in the group stage. India in the other hand were the best of the rest, on a 8 match winning streak but knew they were against a much superior side.

This time around India have started aside everyone and face a team on an 8 match winning streak but who they still should be beating. Surely there won't be any choke this time.

8 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

It is obvious if you know that semi final umpires , officiate in finals ( excluding umpires of the nationality that are playing in the finals ) - other 2 semi final umpires are an Aussie and Indian. 2 Englishmen will officiate the finals - one of whom is Kettleborough.

Je Sa has been notified.  Thand rakh.

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:
  1. Aus has better big match temperament.
  2. Their clutch players crank it up several gears at the BIG moments.
  3. Our 2 BIG players ( Virat + Rohit ) have not had a bad day collectively and are due a failure.
  4. Kettleborough factor

Aussie is winning their 6th WC title

I would have been hugely confident if it were South Africa. 

KL,GILL and Iyer are match winners on their own. Iyer is a clutch player. 

19 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I backed us to chase against PAK on this pitch but I'm not sure how this wicket will behave now and chasing will feed OZ strength of batting first.

I don't think toss will matter as much.  I'd just bat first simply to put OZ under pressure of chasing. 

Unless there's massive dew we should bat first.

16 minutes ago, The Hound said:

I actually think Siraj is going to have a good game on Sunday. 

Shami I'm not sure last time he faced AUS in a WC KO he gave away 68 in 8 overs. 

That was 8 years back. He'll be fine. Took a 5fer in series before WC

So many posters are having nightmares of 2003 finals as if we were the favorites for that match. Australia were miles ahead of any other team and those conditions absolutely suited them.

Reaching the finals itself was a big achievement in 2003 because the field was so strong and we weren't in the best of forms prior to the world cup.

This time there's no comparison ,Australia are nothing in front of their 2003 side and Indian team is much stronger.

The world cup finals is in Ahmedabad ffs ,Win or lose the toss ,we are winning it this time .

You just get that invincible feeling from our side this time around !

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

4 matches in NaMo stadium. 3 went with the chasing team. Eng lost or came close batting second and lost to Australia.

Win toss and chase or put bat first.

It will be a 280-290 pitch for sure, not a 350 one. I feel we should win like NZ/Ind-Pak game and chase it like we did in Chennai.

I posted this in another thread, there is so many threads on here.

Its ingrained in the Australian culture and permeates through all walks of life.

This never say die attitude and to rise to the occasion.

The embryonic beginnings of this IMO was from sport, in particular the Rugby and AFL codes in Australia. The finals format is such, where Australians are mentally prepared to perform well enough in the tournament stage, then rise to another level come finals time.

Australia is the worst time I wanted India to face.

In fact I would rather India played a combined XI of the rest of the world than Australia.

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This.

Australia with Marsh at 3 , Head knows only one way to play, spin bowling with only Champa is a big loop hole. Smith and Lab can be cancelled like today with accurate spin bowling. Only weakness for us in Siraj. How do you handle him? Drop him for Ashwin than we will have only 2 pacers. If we had Pandya we could have taken Ashwin. So, without Pandya, Siraj has to be maintained. No low score defend business. Either we chase low score or have them chase close to 300.

I am fearful of Australia, just look at their never say die attitude in Cricket.

Lets not forget they should have had India 4/10 when we were chasing just 200. If Kohli wasnt dropped, Australia win.

This is the one team I didnt want India to play.

I just hope my Uncles who are actually traveling to see the game, blow up the pitch. I want a slow low turner.

2 hours ago, adi B said:

So many posters are having nightmares of 2003 finals as if we were the favorites for that match. Australia were miles ahead of any other team and those conditions absolutely suited them.

Reaching the finals itself was a big achievement in 2003 because the field was so strong and we weren't in the best of forms prior to the world cup.

This time there's no comparison ,Australia are nothing in front of their 2003 side and Indian team is much stronger.

The world cup finals is in Ahmedabad ffs ,Win or lose the toss ,we are winning it this time .

You just get that invincible feeling from our side this time around !

That Zaheer over set the tone for the entire match.

Thats crumbling under pressure and not being able to handle the occasion.

I think India's new ball bowlers should be Bumrah and Shami. :dance:

These two uncles are very experienced and can handle and sustain pressure.
Siraj has the capacity to do a 2003 Zaheer opening over.:hysterical: