Virat Kohli set to join RCB training camp on March 16th

14 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Kumar is in demand and was pouched by Delhi Capital for 5.5Cr.

Year IPL Team Wages
2023  Delhi Capitals INR 5.50 Cr
2024 Delhi Capitals INR 5.50 Cr

Ridiculous.   Not surprising though.  Gutka despite being injurious to health is always in high demand.    Any idea about the other trash 'Bharat'?  

23 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Ridiculous.   Not surprising though.  Gutka despite being injurious to health is always in high demand.    Any idea about the other trash 'Bharat'?  

Bharat not as lucky, went to KKR for 50L.

Koomar went for 5.5Cr before he debuted in 2023, just imagine if he went into auction now :woot:. There would have been mayhem :fight:

Do people shutoff their mind when discussing Kohli or is the iq just too low?

He didn’t participate in the test series because his wife was expecting, now she isn’t? So what is the issue here?

This guy has played 100+ tests for India, these same posters have no problem with that chapri Pandya who has already left test cricket for ipl.

On the other hand Kohli was once leaving IPL to participate in county cricket for surrey to prepare for tests against England.

42 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yash Dayal went to RCB at 5 CR..courtesy of those 5 sixes by Rinku.

Rinku Singh is btw retained by KKR for 50L :afraid:

Rinku is unlucky.   Garbage players like  S 'Out to Short Ball' Iyer earns 12 crore.  No way he is a better batsman than Rinku in T20.   

57 minutes ago, Adamant said:

He didn’t participate in the test series because his wife was expecting, now she isn’t? So what is the issue here?

This guy has played 100+ tests for India, these same posters have no problem with that chapri Pandya who has already left test cricket for ipl.

On the other hand Kohli was once leaving IPL to participate in county cricket for surrey to prepare for tests against England.

Pandya is simply unfit for test cricket, what can anyone say when someone is literally not built for the job

57 minutes ago, Adamant said:

At least in cricket, people don't miss so many matches because of wife expecting. In pandemic period it was different because of compulsory quarantine, so Kohli missing 2020-21 BGT was kind of understandable. If you leave the 2020 to early '22 period (world was different)), missing 1 or 2 tests is fine, understandable. Kohli supported his wife and full marks to him for that. But 5 tests? If you are working in some organization, you'll know how difficult it is to take such long leaves, right? And this is a guy with top central contract, he isn't a mercenary.

You don't have to defend Kohli over every single matter, unless you directly benefit from that. 

Most of us aren't passing any judgement here, just our observations and some of us do find it strange. 

Pandya is the most hated player on ICF.

I avoided IPL like plague before 2020 (forced into it courtesy lockdown boredom), so if he indeed left IPL to play county, I am not aware.

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I avoided IPL like plague before 2020 (forced into it courtesy lockdown boredom), so if he indeed left IPL to play county, I am not aware.

He was about to play county before the 2018 England tour. Didn't play because of neck injury 

But he didn't leave ipl for that, played the entire tournament. Not sure where he got that info from 

Edited by Serpico
38 minutes ago, Number said:

May be I am a chauvinist or misogynist but being absent from work for 2 months for expecting wife is a bit too much. It shouldn't be something that we need to appreciate. Men are supposed to go out and work, pregnancy isn't a disease, househelps or other ladies at home are more than enough to take care.

Well said.  Hardly any private companies allow a male employee the privilege of a 'paternity leave' on a frequent basis.   Few govt jobs hv recently introduced this sort of leave but that too is highly limited viz: Max 7-10 days in the entire service.  Kohli enjoyed it for nearly 2 months. (For the 2nd time).   I initially thought this long leave could possibly be due to some complications related to the delivery. But there seems to be no such report.                                                                                                As a fan, I m not complaining though.  His presence was not needed in a home test series where we hv enough match winners.   But I hv a problem when it's apparent that his fanboys hv developed a habit of coming out of nowhere to defend him on every possible silly occassion and also try to justify the high level of leverage which he enjoys.  

Edited by Frustrated