Most exciting/amazing cricketer ever

Exciting cricketer is not necessarily someone with a legendary record. The player has to have an aura and a flair about him that makes you want to keep your eyes glued to the TV screen and just puts you in amazement whenever you watch them. Watching such players is bound to cause an adrenaline rush and keep the viewers on the edge of their seats.

I started watching cricket since late 90s and some players who immediately come to mind for me in no particular order are: Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Shane Warne, Allan Donald, Shane Bond,Shoaib Akhtar, Virender Sehwag, Sanath Jayasuriya, AB de Villiers, Adam Gilchrist and Suryakumar Yadav.

Shane Bond is probably the most exciting bowler I have watched, while de Villiers may well be the most amazing batsman I have seen because of his genius that simply puts me in amazement.

Overall Lara, Gilly, Warne, Akhtar, KP, Steyn, ABDV, Kohli, Pant, Bumrah, Shami.

In specific conditions/formats: Sanath, Viru, Yuvraj, Anderson, Broad, Ashwin, Rabada, Umesh, Boult.

At their best, I enjoyed VVS and Martyn's strokeplay the most. Didn't watch Azhar in his prime days. 

Edited by Gollum

Brett Lee & Sanath Jayasuriya for me.

Lee was fast, had a beautiful action, was a proper athlete, amazing fielder & handy with the bat. Any over of the game he can turn the things on its own by picking up wickets in bunch.

Sanath Jayasuriya, the OG monster. The way he used to thrash our bowling was a memory I can never forget. I hated him to the core during my childhood days, but looking back I can't resist myself from admiring this legend. He would have easily challenged Chris Gayle in modern era of T20 cricket. Complete Box Office.

Personally it was Mark Waugh,  as a child of the 90s he had this super cool aura about him. Superb to watch when in flow, and amazing catcher. His crazy inconsistencies added to the aura, he should have averaged 50+. 

Easy peasy for me:

Sir Garry Sobers, and then daylight...

ARs: Sir Garry, Mike Procter

Batting: Sir Garry, Sir Viv, Brian Lara [yes, all Windians]

Pace Bowling: Maco (Marshall), Proctor, Bumrah, even peak Akhtar

Spin bowling: Warne, Chandrasekhar [peak Kuldeep has been enjoyable to watch, but not in the same league]

Fielding: Jonty Rhodes, Andrew Symonds, peak Azhar [Colin Bland was better than all of them, but did not see him live]