Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli Likely To Announce Retirement After T20 World Cup 2024: Report

After costing the team multiple tourneys, and playing 2 decades of impactless cricket, finally the bilateral kings will hang up their boots. This time don't think we'll even get to a semi-final. Agarkar turned out to be all bark and no bite just like his predecessors. After all this talk about changing things we're back to Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja, Siraj, Axar, Chahal :facepalm:

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I simply can't go there. I will kick and scream when selections are announced, but when tourney starts, I will rue every India loss. All I can hope for is that we win the whole thing despite the ineptitude of the oldies; that guys like Jaiswal, SKY, Dube, Samson, Pant, Kuldeep, Bumrah, have a big hand in rescuing the team from the oldies' missteps.

My adopted country is also playing . Go USA!!

June 12 

India v USA

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2024-1411166/united-states-of-america-vs-india-25th-match-group-a-1415725/live-cricket-score

6 hours ago, Vk1 said:

SKY is the Indian GOAT of T20s.. Kohli with his strikerate would not even be in top 5 across the world. Zero impact

Lol, this bilateral bully SKY is not good enough to tie shoelaces of 2 time MOTT winner in t20 worldcups and multiple match winning knocks in ko

9 hours ago, Adamant said:

Kohli will retire as the greatest t20i batsman of all time, I hope he retires with a bang.

Sharma was an okay t20 player, so not really a big deal

Yes averages and 50s are what makes great t20 players, not actual impact, lmao. A 30 averaging player with 170+ strike rate is a 100 times better than someone like Kohli. 

Just now, New guy said:

Yes averages and 50s are what makes great t20 players, not actual impact, lmao. A 30 averaging player with 170+ strike rate is a 100 times better than someone like Kohli. 

and Kohli is 100 times better than Rohit flop sharma.... just bring any run off the mill left armer and Rohit will be  a sitting duck....

23 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli has been the lone warrior since 2014.

Let us hope these so called good t20 players like idiots SKY do show up this time to help the guy.

He is a lone warrior BECAUSE he is a stat padder who doesn't allow others to flourish. Anyone with 2 brain cells knows the exact same excuse has been used for RCB ever since he joined. All the team he joins magically becomes about him being lone warrior. And then same players flourish in other franchises which don't have stat padders on top. 

Funny thing is, this is exact same excuse used by babar and rizwan fans too, they are line warriors while others suck. Pak fans too don't have the brains to realise it's cause and effect, in t20 presence of stat padders will make middle and lower order suck. 

Once these stat padders retire, we will play as one team instead of PR for lone warriors. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MumInd said:

and Kohli is 100 times better than Rohit flop sharma.... just bring any run off the mill left armer and Rohit will be  a sitting duck....

No one claims Rohit is better or a good t20 player my dude. Kohli fans going but but but Rohit like children,  every time Kohli gets criticized doesn't help his case.

Funniest thing is, both Rohit and Kohli support each other as they know their low IQ fans use these tactics so one of them cannot be singled out for poor performance. Rohit fans can go but but Kohli everytime Rohit is criticized and vice versa. It's a strategy to fool the gullible. 

Edited by New guy
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, New guy said:

He is a lone warrior BECAUSE he is a stat padder who doesn't allow others to flourish. Anyone with 2 brain cells knows the exact same excuse has been used for RCB ever since he joined. All the team he joins magically becomes about him being lone warrior. And then same players flourish in other franchises which don't have stat padders on top. 

Funny thing is, this is exact same excuse used by babar and rizwan fans too, they are line warriors while others suck. Pak fans too don't have the brains to realise it's cause and effect, in t20 presence of stat padders will make middle and lower order suck. 

Once these stat padders retire, we will play as one team instead of PR for lone warriors. 

I did not want to reply to your low IQ post but I wanted to educate you for one last time. Babar and Rizwan open the innings Kohli bats at number 3.

Kohli did not stop SKY from scoring runs in last world t20 either nor did he ask openers to get out cheaply and wasting power play.

RCB and Indian team are not the same but what can we expect from guy who has no understanding on how things are different in international t20s.

let me refresh your memory one more time Kohli is the only player from India who has ever won player of tournament  in a t20 World Cup.

We all saw what wonderful things guys like SKY and co did last time in Australia and also in 50 over World Cup.

Kohli has not changed his game , he has been the same batsman who will keep rotating the strike allowing the others to bat around him with more consistency than anyone else.

When I see that type of batting is not needed in t20s I will be the first person to say he is not needed in the team.

If you have moronic expectations that is not  Kohli’s fault.

Edited by putrevus
38 minutes ago, New guy said:

So the bilateral bylly thing applied just for Kohli ?

What has Surya done yet in t20 world cup? 
Come back When he plays one match winning innings in t20 world cup

Also are you for real? 

the 2016 knock of Kohil against Aus is bigger than Skys whole career

and then we have knocks like 83 vs Pak, 87(48) vs Wi and 72(44) vs Sa in semifinals of 14 WC and being the lone performer in 14 wc final when Dhoni,Yuvi Sharma shat their pants.

Dont bother me with your low iq posts until you have anything substantial, even a blind hedgehog knows that Kohli is amongst the greats of t20 while SKY is a nobody.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They are not going anywhere. We have seen this circus. The brands that they endorse won't let them  do 

When have you seen this before?

Lets see if their is any substance in what you say

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I did not want to reply to your low IQ post but I wanted to educate you for one last time. Babar and Rizwan open the innings Kohli bats at number 3.

Kohli did not stop SKY from scoring runs in last world t20 either nor did he ask openers to get out cheaply and wasting power play.

RCB and Indian team are not the same but what can we expect from guy who has no understanding on how things are different in international t20s.

let me refresh your memory one more time Kohli is the only player from India who has ever won player of tournament  in a t20 World Cup.

We all saw what wonderful things guys like SKY and co did last time in Australia and also in 50 over World Cup.

Kohli has not changed his game , he has been the same batsman who will keep rotating the strike allowing the others to bat around him with more consistency than anyone else.

When I see that type of batting is not needed in t20s I will be the first person to say he is not needed in the team.

If you have moronic expectations that is not  Kohli’s fault.

And once again for your benefit, before most world cups our youngsters barely for match practice as stat padders were hogging bilaterals. They are not clear about their roles or have confidence. 

Our openers are equally dinosaurs on par with Kohli so ponting fingers at them won't help. 

Yes he won players of tournament just like he wins orange caps, ICC still rewards total runs and not impact and it's the easiest thing in the world to stat pad in t20s. 

But his presences destroys the team balance, players don't know when they will get to bat. Then suddenly they are in the middle in one or two crucial matches with zero confidence. That's not how it works, you need to groom youngsters in their roles. 

At least sky etc take risks and gets out. They hit in the air. Kohli hits on the ground for his orange caps and individual cups.

If seventeen years without any cups hasn't changed your logic nothing will 

You don't have to wait, just wait till our stat padders retire and you will see the same people you abuse winning you cups. Till then you can celebrate all the individual prizes. 

Edited by New guy

Hogwash, just for sympathy because of the public outrage.

Same thing was said after '21, '22 T20 WCs as well. Yet we persist with the useless Rohit Sharma, at least Kohli had a few successes in between, Rohit has flopped for 5 or 6 straight WCs with sub 20 avg and sub 100 SR against non-minnows. 

Next T20 WC will be jointly hosted by Ind and SL. Then the seniors will be back for a retirement party at home. Indian fans are being taken for a ride by BCCI. 

2 hours ago, New guy said:

No one claims Rohit is better or a good t20 player my dude. Kohli fans going but but but Rohit like children,  every time Kohli gets criticized doesn't help his case.

Funniest thing is, both Rohit and Kohli support each other as they know their low IQ fans use these tactics so one of them cannot be singled out for poor performance. Rohit fans can go but but Kohli everytime Rohit is criticized and vice versa. It's a strategy to fool the gullible. 

Any time i talk about Kohli on social media first question from these bots is "What about Rohit". When i say "I am talking about him as well" Then they bring up "What about Dhoni" lol  This Whataboutism continues until they run out of people to shift the blame.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hogwash, just for sympathy because of the public outrage.

Same thing was said after '21, '22 T20 WCs as well. Yet we persist with the useless Rohit Sharma, at least Kohli had a few successes in between, Rohit has flopped for 5 or 6 straight WCs with sub 20 avg and sub 100 SR against non-minnows. 

Next T20 WC will be jointly hosted by Ind and SL. Then the seniors will be back for a retirement party at home. Indian fans are being taken for a ride by BCCI. 

Appointing Rohit as captain as a mistake. But if alternative was Pandya being captain?what would be your choice?