Rohit Sharma return to action Red carpet thread

maniac

48 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rohit is already 13 in the most 6's hit by a Indian batsman in tests,he is done that in 19 tests

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=sixes;team=6;template=results;type=batting

2 More 6's and he will overtake Yuvraj,Dravid,Amarnath and Shastri.

6's Per innings he is probably right up there.

He is the only player who has >1.0 6 per match stat and that too after 19 games

Even if he hits 3 sixes in next few games, it ll still be 18 runs only. That stat is a troll suggesting despite having such high percentage of sixes his record is still so awful. When did great batsman in test cricket needed sixes. 

IF sixes is the criteria- Afridi, yusuf pathan should have been ranked among Inzy, tendulkars,

His many dismissals trying to hit sixes show he isnt even that great with that skill, someone like sehwag use the same with such high success rate. Lets select yusuf pathan atleast m sure more often when he would try to hit a six he ll clear the the fielder more often than not. Dnt talk about yusuf technique or temperament when the comparison are being made with Rohit

A familiar story
India vs South Africa, Delhi, 2015: India have just lost Virat Kohli. Imran Tahir is bowling at him. There is fielder at long on, but Rohit decides to take him on. A wild hoick ends up straight in his hands. Few balls ago he was dropped yet ..........

Mumbai vs New Zealanders, Delhi, 2016: Rohit is coming off a poor run in the West Indies and didn’t have a satisfactory outing at the Duleep Trophy. He starts aggressively. Takes on the leg-spinner Ish Sodhi, hitting a six and a four. There is a fielder in the deep. Rohit decides to take him on. Wildly charges out to the leg-spinner. Misses the ball completely and is stumped.

India vs New Zealand, Kanpur, 2016: Rohit has survived a massive lbw appeal off Mark Craig. He seems to have settled into a bit of rhythm. Mitchell Santer is bowling at him. Cut, Copy, Paste [There is a fielder in the deep. Rohit decides to taken him on]. Finds his man at long-on.

India vs England, Southampton- At Southampton for example, it was unpardonable to see him throw his wicket away against Moeen Ali in the first innings. Rohit had played himself in, a partnership was brewing for India with Ajinkya Rahane also batting well and it was almost tea at the Rose Bowl. Suddenly he gets himself into a tangle, charges down the track to Ali, fails to reach the ball and fails to check his shot either. All he did was chip the ball to mid-offs hands. That's what for me was the turning point of the match. Thereafter it was all England and now they have the momentum going into Old Trafford.

Duleep trophy-

Mishra to RG Sharma, OUT, That's an impatient shot, and Rohit is gone. He wants to go over the top for the second time in two overs v Mishra and holes out to his India team-mate Dhawan. Tossed-up legbreak outside off, good length, Rohit has a big swipe against the turn and only manages a top edge. Dhawan settles under the skier at cover

RG Sharma c Dhawan b Mishra 30 (67m 57b 4x4 0x6) SR: 52.6

Poor form is one thing, poor mindset is something else altogether. 

Full article- http://cricliveonline.com/rohit-sharmas-dismissal-replay-playing-on-loop-once-again

Why should he be given a chance when he hasnt learned anything. Infact his six hitting ability isnt that best as we can see above how many downfall it has caused that to after being set. Means after being set he still cant hit sixes at will

Player who improves and learns deserves a chance not a someone who doesnt respect it. Six hitting well get me yusuf pathan & yuvraj singh over him any day. 

Since u wont have an answer to this or his poor avg , ull bring some irrelevant stat bring on.........

12 hours ago, maniac said:

2 back to back 30+ scores.....this is like the calm before the storm in ODI's when he was playing the little apprehensive 30's and 40's before he became an ATG in the format scoring 150+ scores for fun.

I think he bought a few more innings with his last 2 knocks at least till the end of the Indian home season.

Also we have only 4 bowlers this game,so chance to show his world-class off spin as well.

And the fact people forget is Rohit is a world-class fielder,our Test fielding has been a let down and his fielding can save atleast 20-30 runs and world class catching a further 30-40 more runs.

Let him play only in world-IX....not in indian IX ..... LOL

Best of all "chance to show his world-class off spin"

Really liked your sarcastic post

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Rohit is already 13 in the most 6's hit by a Indian batsman in tests,he is done that in 19 tests

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=sixes;team=6;template=results;type=batting

2 More 6's and he will overtake Yuvraj,Dravid,Amarnath and Shastri.

6's Per innings he is probably right up there.

He is the only player who has >1.0 6 per match stat and that too after 19 games

Is this sarcastic or are you really stating this as a fact?

Hmm.....I think did well enough to establish himself...won't take this thread behind the barn and shoot it yet......I still think Rohit is on notice till the end of the home season of 15 tests-that's about it.

Also players like Rohit flourish when they are under fire,so hope we are seeing a resurgence...that 68 and that 40 odd against WI in the 3rd tests were already 2 of the most underrated impact knocks in recent times....I think we may have found our Laxman who was always the unsung hero.

36 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hmm.....I think did well enough to establish himself...won't take this thread behind the barn and shoot it yet......I still think Rohit is on notice till the end of the home season of 15 tests-that's about it.

Also players like Rohit flourish when they are under fire,so hope we are seeing a resurgence...that 68 and that 40 odd against WI in the 3rd tests were already 2 of the most underrated impact knocks in recent times....I think we may have found our Laxman who was always the unsung hero.

Have to give credit to him- this time he has earned his spot atleast for next 2 games. 

Dont agree with his comparison to laxman, that is somewhat suited to Rahane. Potentially he can a destructive no.6 but enough talk about potential now its time for some consistent perfomances and a lot of them since he has been given that extra rope. 

12 hours ago, maniac said:

I think did well enough to establish himself.

Err no. Was a decent innings. Reasonably challenging pitch. No pressure of the situation though, Ind were sitting pretty and NZ bowlers were done n dusted.

I still think Rohit is on notice till the end of the home season of 15 tests-that's about it.

Are you suggesting Rohit earned the right to play ALL 15 home tests this season because of THIS innings?

Also players like Rohit flourish when they are under fire

On the contrary, he failed pretty much every time he had to bat under pressure, in test cricket.

that 68 and that 40 odd against WI in the 3rd tests were already 2 of the most underrated impact knocks in recent times

BS. Please look up the meaning of the words "most", "underrated", "impact".

I think we may have found our Laxman who was always the unsung hero

WTF !! Rohit hasn't played even one Laxman'esque innings in his almost 20 match career. Laxman is not an unsung hero, his 281 is rated the best innings by an Indian by almost everyone in the world, he regularly features in the India's all time XI by major publications and cricket fans of both India and the rest of the world.

In 18 Tests, Rohit has managed to score just 946 runs with an average of 32.62. Barring the two hundreds he scored against the West Indies, Rohit has come a cropper in the rest of the matches, passing the fifty-run barrier four times.

Interestingly, Rohit has failed miserably against all the other teams except the West Indies managing a paltry 643 runs with a poor average of 23.81.

But with the new selection committee coming in, it would be difficult for Rohit to justify his place in the team with such scores. With someone like Manish Pandey, who has been yearning for a Test call-up after a fantastic show in the limited-overs formats, waiting in the wings, the ongoing series against New Zealand could well be a make-or-break time for Rohit - the Test batsman.

Being talented cannot be the only parameter for playing for India and Rohit's long rope in Test cricket might soon be in danger of being cut short if he does not take the responsibility of justifying his talent.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/rohit-sharma-talented-tag-india-vs-new-zealand-1st-test/1/771383.html

:facepalm:

hqdefault.jpg