India squad for Australia ODIs/T20s RELEASED

FischerTal

Wow He is actually jogging into his action , n is not putting his body behind. 

N Cribbing about it. Tht must 120K deilvery

In Int cricket players like warner , Abdv, maxwell wnt even let tht ball pitch n wud smack it

Probably doesn't want to get injured again.

Paris is a good young talent who can bowl 140+ but Boland is average.aussies will go with Hazelwood,Richardson,paris and faulkner as their main bowlers,its an average-Decent bowling attack which most aggressive hitting teams would shred apart on the flat Aussie pitches but not india.

Aussie attack looks depleted without starc and Johnson

Going by my style of giving strong statements...Hazelwood is a 135 to 138 k swing bowler. .very good swing bowler in the mould of Anderson but not a fearsome bowler like starc or johnson.

He being the spear head indicates it's possibly india"s best chance to loose by 2-3.

India winning 2 matches out of 3 against Australia in Australia will be good performance by india.

I am delighted to know that their attack is a bit weak

New n fresh pace bowlers are likely to bowl towards the leg as they stretch to gain pace

I expect our batsmen to handle that.

Mahendra Singh Dhoni's future in the Indian team has been a hot topic of discussion for sometime now. With the World T20 at home not too far away, the rumour mills have been abound about what the future holds for India's most successful captain. Addressing the media on the eve of team's departure for Australia, Dhoni said he will think about retirement at the 'right time'.

"I am a person who lives in the present and the focus right now is the Australian tour leading up to the World T20 Championships. I will think about it at the right time," he said.

The rumours about Dhoni's retirement from international cricket found more impetus following his less-than-ordinary performance in the series against Bangladesh and South Africa. Dhoni also spoke about his wish to bat up the order and groom a younger finisher for the team ahead of the home series against Proteas. The experiment, however, did not provide the side with any definitive answers.

"One of the youngsters - Gurkeerat or Manish Pandey - will get to play at either Nos 5, 6 or 7. We have four very good top order batsmen (Shikhar, Rohit, Kohli and Rahane). No. 6 or 7 is the most difficult spot for any batter. In the past we have tried many people but very few have succeeded in that position. That's why Suresh Raina was good. Depending on how well they play, we will evaluate. I feel No 5 is good slot for a newcomer," he said.

He also said the extra fielder outside the circle has made it difficult for the teams to go hammer and tongs in the last 10 overs and chase over 80 runs as was the case earlier. "I feel bowlers have adapted better to rule changes. When they did not have the extra fielder they adopted new strategies which will help them now with one extra fielder available. Most bowlers are not getting hit in the last 10 overs as was the case earlier. That's why you don't have to leave too many runs to chase in the last 10 overs."

The Indian captain is also pleased with the R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja's return to form. Ashwin has transformed himself into one of the world's leading bowlers with consistent performances over the past year. Jadeja, too, made an impressive return to the Indian side with some stunning performances in the domestic circuit.

"Ashwin is a thinking cricketer. His performance went down a bit and he was criticised for doing too many things, but I am glad he has come back well. He is an asset. I have used him in all slots - from first to ten overs or in death. He makes my job slightly easier. When my fast bowlers did not do well, I have relied upon him. He's been great.

"(Ravi) Ashwin is our premier spinner and it is (also) good to have (Ravindra) Jadeja back. The two spinning all-rounders will be competing for a spot. Axar (Patel) has also played well in domestic cricket," he added.

Dhoni also welcomed fast bowler Mohammed Shami's return to the side after undergoing an extensive rehabilitation programme post knee surgery. But he was also cautious as he feels that his workload needs to be monitored. "Shami has been a very good bowler in seaming conditions. He has worked hard on his rehabilitation and played in domestic cricket. We will see how well we can manage his work load with the World T20 Cup round the corner."

Talking about upcoming World T20s, Dhoni is satisfied that India will play three T20 Internationals Down Under as they start their preparations for the marquee event. "Australia is a competitive side. When you compete against Australia, you always gain more experience. And with a few youngsters around, it will be interesting to see them perform," he said.

"It's good to have 3 T20s after the ODI series as we have ample opportunity to try different players in different slots. Then we will be in a better position to finalise the playing XI at the start of the T20 World Cup. It's an exciting time and a very important three to three and half months are ahead," said wicket-keeper batsman. 

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/77064/ms-dhoni-not-thinking-about-retirement-right-now-india-tour-of-australia-2016

Good that Dhoni will be trying different players and none of that "we will be playing the same 11" crap.

How is Gurkeerat's bowling? If his bowling is decent enough then no point in playing Jadeja or Axar. No need to play 3 spinners in Australia. Gurkeerat can be our spinning AR. We can strengthen the batting by playing Pandey. 

This can be our playing 11.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahane

Pandey

Dhoni

Gurkeerat

Ashwin

Umesh

Ishant

Shami/Brainder

Edited by Mosher

Obviously Dhoni has to play Gurkeerat or Pandey, else he won't be able to make a team of XI.. It's easy to see who won't be in the starting XI

Dhoni doesn't easily pick newly named players in the squad.... OUT - Sran, Rishi Dhawan

Only place for one left arm spin.... OUT - Axar Patel

Twelve members left in squad - Pick one of Gurkeerat or Pandey for middle order.. most likely Pandey as he has already made his debut. 

You have your starting XI

its a conspiracy to bring back binny. Once, Rishi Dhawan fails, they will bring back binny.

These selectors are worst scums.

Rishi dhwan is a better All rounder than BINNY though hardik pandya is the best out of the three.

I don't expect Rishi to fail as much as Binny the bowler as Rishi is Street Smart like Praveen Kumar.

Rishi has got truck loads of wickets on indian flat tracks and its very hard to believe that a slow trundler trundling between 115 to 130k can fetch so many wickets in indian domestic cricket.

STREET SMART is the key word here.. I feel Praveen kumar was a great street smart bowler and had a great inswinger..

bcos I believe Rishi is also Street smart so I expect some success. I wud play him ahead of Jadeja on Australian tracks.