Time ticking for Hardik Pandya

maniac

you should be laughing at your own stupidity and ignorance...

harbhajan is a striker of the ball but no real technique or proper batting foundation.thats the reason he was never a genuine allrounder like say irfan pathan or jadeja and does not average 20 in first class

pandya is a genuine allrounder.

when the difference is say a average of one to five points, there can be a debate.

when you are so stupid to compare people who will differ by more than 10+(possibly 18+) all i can say is you don't have a clue.... you are lacking even in the basics..

You need to read through the posts before you get ahead of yourself and latch on to any random posts.

let me summarize what I said.

in these conditions especially the ones we have been getting so far, a genuine spinner would have been more effective than Pandya whose bowling has been less than impressive. As people have already acknowledged and even I agree Pandya at the moment is only a work in progress with potential and upside in the bowling department. You can't play someone based on that in such a big tournament.

Now let us take his batting which is supposedly his strong suite-he doesn't bat in the top 5 which means in this team he is still not considered top order material. Again not questioning his potential, just his current role. If we needed a middle order player there are likes of Pandey etc who are leagues ahead so he is picked as a player who can bowl a few overs and slog in the later overs. 

So based on that we already have bhajji in the squad whose leagues ahead of Pandya as a bowler and given the conditions no brainer.

as far as providing firepower or slogging a few at the death bhajji is equally capable.

Pandyas worth might be realized if he comes in at a 70/5 or 70/6 scenario and powers us to a decent score by playing like a proper batsman. Thankfully we haven't been in that situation yet in this tournament apart from NZL game(where I am told he was unlucky)and Pandyas temperament is unknown and untested here when luck favors him.

considering all this, the choice is a no brainer to go with bhajji.

I hope sooner or later Pandya proves his worth as a batsman as his bowling is not good enough but until then there will be skepticism as he has still done nothing at the international arena.

the chances he is got in Asia cup aus tour and sl series are on potential which is fair enough and totally agree was the right move but the hype he is getting without accomplishing anything or being persisted in critical games at the expense of a more solid combo is what is confusing.

Edited by maniac

To the OP,

All I can say is, if we gave a lot of time for then talent Yuvraj Singh to come good, considering only his talent, I think Pandya deserves a similar time frame (if not more) if he has to develop into international player in his full right.

Patience is the key. Even a Dhoni was not born just like that and so is Virat. In fact Virat only started to play well in LOIs from the 2011-12 Aus tour. For about a year, he was doing nothing exceptional. So, what if we followed the same guidelines that time is ticking and gave up on him?

On 3/27/2016 at 9:03 PM, maniac said:

Pandya has the swagger of a superstar without doing jack lol....anyways did ok...another mixed bag.......but today he did well.......Again don't expect him to be a megastar matchwinner,just a utility cricketer

He will be a match winner with the bat in time to come. Kohli didnt become match winner from game 1. In fact, he was dropped from the team after 15 ODIs. He was very average at least for his first 1-2 years. Also, when he made his test debut, Kohli was brutally exposed by Fidel Edwards. He was found wanting against fast bouncers. Even Raina had outbatted him on that tour.

On 25/03/2016 at 3:23 AM, Adi_91 said:

To the OP,

All I can say is, if we gave a lot of time for then talent Yuvraj Singh to come good, considering only his talent, I think Pandya deserves a similar time frame (if not more) if he has to develop into international player in his full right.

Patience is the key. Even a Dhoni was not born just like that and so is Virat. In fact Virat only started to play well in LOIs from the 2011-12 Aus tour. For about a year, he was doing nothing exceptional. So, what if we followed the same guidelines that time is ticking and gave up on him?

Well said Adi....

Pandya is not yet intl material.....But should be sustained as he can become one....

He can do similar role as "Ben Stokes".

When Ben first debut for England, he was a very mediacore player....he was dropped and finally he made his position in all the formats for England. What an innings against SA in SA in the recently concluded test series 250+(170 odd deliverables). The best i have seen after really really long time...

Pandya has potential to became second KapilDev Yes true, He got all the ingredients Good Agressive style cricket, Athletic body, Good Speed with the bowling, Ability to Strike ball after ball as RKT said he needs to Improove on certain aspect like his off side betting and control in his bowling but that will only come with time and experience. Please mark my work he will end up as one of the legend of the game at the end of his career.

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He will be a match winner with the bat in time to come. Kohli didnt become match winner from game 1. In fact, he was dropped from the team after 15 ODIs. He was very average at least for his first 1-2 years. Also, when he made his test debut, Kohli was brutally exposed by Fidel Edwards. He was found wanting against fast bouncers. Even Raina had outbatted him on that tour.

Laxman was talking one day about the grave difficulties Kohli faced against fast bouncers in his first test series.  He said that after that series was over, Kohli practiced for days against bouncers ....practiced and practiced.  And now he is one of the best players of quick bouncers.

Similarly......many players have great potential and Hardik Pandya is surely one of them.....but what he will ultimately become will depend on his will to succeed and improve and how much he practices to achieve that.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Laxman was talking one day about the grave difficulties Kohli faced against fast bouncers in his first test series.  He said that after that series was over, Kohli practiced for days against bouncers ....practiced and practiced.  And now he is one of the best players of quick bouncers.

Similarly......many players have great potential and Hardik Pandya is surely one of them.....but what he will ultimately become will depend on his will to succeed and improve and how much he practices to achieve that.

Yes, good dedicated players overcome their deficiencies and improve.

Don't over hype new guys.A few disasters and the same guys will be dragged through mud.

Let him prove himself .A lot  of his wkts have been lucky and he gets thrashed a lot..His batting has been hit and miss .Let him play some more before making him the next  Kapil Dev

I just hope he doesn't get carried away by the fame and go the Kambli way. I hope he pays more attention to his cricket than himself.

22 hours ago, sandeep said:

people here were saying it's the genius of dhoni who advised him to bowl those lollipops :hysterical:

he himself kinda admitted it was pure lack of skill as he was trying for Yorkers which the brainless Bangladeshi batsmen succumbed to.

i guess only the last ball where the plan was to bowl a length ball was perfectly executed.

puts things into perspective lol

1 hour ago, maniac said:

people here were saying it's the genius of dhoni who advised him to bowl those lollipops :hysterical:

he himself kinda admitted it was pure lack of skill as he was trying for Yorkers which the brainless Bangladeshi batsmen succumbed to.

i guess only the last ball where the plan was to bowl a length ball was perfectly executed.

puts things into perspective lol

lol what a luck they got.. haha

For those who think that Pandya is like Kapil. Below is something to cheer you up as Kapil wasn't great on his debut too :(( 

But he improved by leaps and bounds so there is hope for Pandya 

PS there could be some glimpses of doubtful Pak umpiring too 

Edited by rett
7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Not good enough sorry ..... Time to go back to domestics and prove himself in atleast one aspect of the game.

Enough of these afridi type excuses for him like everyone sucked,he is not a bowler etc.

Just a big time passenger right now

He already proved himself as a batsman. Highest run getter in SMA trophy. He batted in top 4 there. Batting his strong suit and he didn't get to bat.

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Not good enough sorry ..... Time to go back to domestics and prove himself in atleast one aspect of the game.

Enough of these afridi type excuses for him like everyone sucked,he is not a bowler etc.

Just a big time passenger right now

abit harsh.

He was in the squad for his big hitting. But through World T20 he has been hard done by nothing getting in early. Whilst we had likes Yuvraj, Dhawan, Rohit, Rahane and Raina getting plenty of opportunities and unable to hit those big sixes.

If anything one of Raina or Yuvraj should have been dropped for spinner/pace bowler.