When Will Old Man Dhoni retire?

1 minute ago, New guy said:

Sorry but a few runs on a flat pitch doesn't convince me that Dhoni is not out of form. His recent international T20 performance has been rubbish

And as I said above, in T20 team having young players are the ones who win. Even Gayle can occasionally play such innings but west indies wants nothing to do with him. In T20 historically only team having young, hungry players win. With age even the biggest hitters become inconsistent. 

how do know west indies dont want anything from gayle ?? gayle was rubbish in KOs but still he played in all the games in the WC

dhoni is not in form or out of form in T20s .. he is not a good T20 player to begin with and definitely if someone takes time to settle down to hit , they shld not be batting in the slog overs

I'm all for kicking out Dhoni from shorter formats if we have his replacement. I have seen enough of Saha and Ojha to know they are liabilities with the bat. Samson is way too inconsistent and KL Rahul is nowhere good enough wkt keeper. We saw the number of missed chances/stumpings in IPL. Maybe Rishab Pant is the one who will fill Dhoni's boots as he's a good enough batsman and a keeper to boot. Also, Dhoni has been our second best batsman in the recent Asia Cup & WT20 after Kohli. Those are the only 2 players who showed up in those 2 tourneys and even today 45 off 25 is not a poor performance. Yes he's not as good as he was in his prime but dropping him without an adequate replacement will only make things worse.

We make similar case for Rahane and Binny as there are better replacements available. Likes of KL Rahul, Manish Pandey and Kedar Jadhav can replace Rahane, and Hardik or Krunal Pandya can replace Binny. But with Dhoni there aren't any viable alternatives available at the moment as the drop-off in performance would be too steep. I expect Rishab Pant or Samson or maybe someone new altogether to take over Dhoni's role after the 2019 WC but I don't see anybody who can take his spot today.

Edited by Ultimate_Game
14 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I'm all for kicking out Dhoni from shorter formats if we have his replacement. I have seen enough of Saha and Ojha to know they are liabilities with the bat. Samson is way too inconsistent and KL Rahul is nowhere good enough wkt keeper. We saw the number of missed chances/stumpings in IPL. Maybe Rishab Pant is the one who will fill Dhoni's boots as he's a good enough batsman and a keeper to boot. Also, Dhoni has been our second best batsman in the recent Asia Cup & WT20 after Kohli. Those are the only 2 players who showed up in those 2 tourneys and even today 45 off 25 is not a poor performance. Yes he's not as good as he was in his prime but dropping him without an adequate replacement will only make things worse.

We make similar case for Rahane and Binny as there are better replacements available. Likes of KL Rahul, Manish Pandey and Kedar Jadhav can replace Rahane, and Hardik or Krunal Pandya can replace Binny. But with Dhoni there aren't any viable alternatives available at the moment as the drop-off in performance would be too steep. I expect Rishab Pant or Samson or maybe someone new altogether to take over Dhoni's role after the 2019 WC but I don't see anybody who can take his spot today.

N add to that dhoni had a back injury in Asia cup n WC

Also by the time pant n samson would be ready he would have been retired for long

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

They are just looking for a chance as usual at the end of day their opinions doesn't even matter.. its ok 

2nd t2o today

Back to back cricket.

I just hope we play well again and hopefully win. Honestly, even Indians in the US aren't bothered about the result earlier today.

For Dhoni against Bravo..

Yes...He has to deal with the problem of his good friend getting angry for hitting him for a six ...which is more important than a nations interest.

Tell what you may ppl but I am sure that Dhoni played Bravo very lightly in the 18th over when we required almost 32 odd runs.

It was a terrific game, both sides played well. When ur chasing such high total its just matter of few balls that makes a diff. 

I dont think anyone should be blamed for the match neither rahane, dhoni, rohit or anyone above mentioned. 

43 of 25 balls cant be blamed, bravo is one of the best t20 bowlers specially in death he has been terrific. I can assure u many many of big players would have failed. 

Is blaming necessary everytime, what if dhoni would have smashed a big and pollard would have taken a blinder at boundary, who would have be blamed. Its always a small margin which should be considered. 

Had it been a 43 of 37 balls i would have understood, but not today. Even rahane who was caught brilliantly or else his score would have been 11 from 7 and could have done better considering the patta wkt it was. He got 2 terrific bouncer so when margin is so less rather than blame game the game should be enjoyed. 

Retire is to harsh a word, lets not forget our worries seeing saha coming into bat. Wont change much when Ojha, saha, samson or anyone would come in ODi too.... The guy is still one the fittest cricketers and his running well we all saw in t20 WC. His keeping is sharp as anything. 

T20 hasnt been his forte i agree but than this whole t20 team needs a makeover. Dhawan, rahane, whole middle  lower order needs a change. 

43 of 25 is not to be blamed. 

Its international cricket there would be time when things will go not ur way. But using a word like retirement for dhoni is rubbish. He is not out of form, if u wanna know whats out of form remember yuvraj singh who was even struggling  to put bat to ball or saurav ganguly when again couldnt do anything right in 2005. 

Well put together...

But Dhoni should not have taken it to the last ball. We all know he is guilty of taking the match till the last over unnecessarily. Played Bravo very lightly and had no intent to hit in the end. He wants to be the hero by taking it till the end and then when this fails he says that it happens sometimes.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

He should start eating more doklas you say ? What a cry baby we got here..

It's dhoklas. So you can't speak hindi and now did you forget how to write in english as well? What does that have to do with anything? Why don't you refute my point?