England Tour of India November 9 2016 - Feb 1 2017: 5 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s

Laaloo

If we are playing Pandya he should bat at 6 or 7 imo.

We should fix a position and allow him to bat there regularly and grow .That's the best way to develop an all rounder .

Give him some responsibility without pressure and develop .

He is arguably the most crucial player ( in potential as a seam all-rounder) if we are to finally win test series in South Africa and Australia

I'd play with 5 bowlers (considering Pandya as second seamer here).

Vijay

Gambhir

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Ashwin

Pandya

Saha

Jadeja

Mishra

Shami

It will be interesting to see if Pandya can maintain his pace over a 5 day game.

Ideally, selectors should have picked some other domestic performer instead of Gambhir.

Ist test team would be

Gambo

Vijay

Puji

Kohli

Jinx

Ash

Saha

Panda

Sir

Shami

Yadav/mishi depending on condition, if it's abrasive pitch Yadav might play, else mishi, who knows, considering England is playing 5 lefties even jayant might get nod,though I would prefer 3 pacer with one being panda and 2 spinners,though Kohli might play mishi.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

With talunt injured, who's going to be the sixth batsman?. Especially since Rahul and Shikhar are still injured.

Kungfu pandya.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I have restrictions on Mishra the test bowler. And will definitely not take a chance against a top team like Eng.

Below is my playing XI:

Gambhir

Vijay

Pujara

Kohli ©

Rahane

Saha (wk)

Ashwin

Jadeja

Pandya

Umesh

Yadav

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2 spots for ummi?

yeah sure ... this reminds me of niel nithin mukesh jokes

nnm's wife - i got married to niel nithin mukesh

draupadi - bi!ch please ...

22 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Ist test team would be

Gambo

Vijay

Puji

Kohli

Jinx

Ash

Saha

Panda

Sir

Shami

Yadav/mishi depending on condition, if it's abrasive pitch Yadav might play, else mishi, who knows, considering England is playing 5 lefties even jayant might get nod,though I would prefer 3 pacer with one being panda and 2 spinners,though Kohli might play mishi.

Kungfu pandya.

Gujju Lukdya will be in the XI only to get Mishy in on a turner.  Rajkot or Vizag is his best bet for a test debut.  Selectors haven't really given too much of an option - Nair is the only other possibility.  If Rahul was fit, I could see either him or Gambhir edge out Pandya as the 6th bat.  With Bhuvi injured, odds of Pandya playing as the 2nd pacer also go up a bit.  Can't see Pandya play as the 3rd seamer if Bhuvi is playing.  

I expect the following to be the team:

Gambhir

Vijay

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Ashwin

Pandya

Saha

Jadeja

Mishra

Shami

Jadeja at #9 makes this a strong tail - and allows the lower middle order to be more aggressive in trying to put pressure on the England bowlers.  That ends up being the difference very often - if you still have a bit of batting left and can bat with more aggression, all of a sudden an evenly poised game can turn into a beat-down.  Think back to Dhoni turning tables on Aussies with that 200 down the order.  When he came in, it could have gone either way.  By the time he was done, all aussies could dream of was to save the game.   

Batting till # 9 to attack the pommies, and 3 spinners to make them dance.  That's a VK type XI.    

M00Li, Pujara, Rahane, Ashwin to provide the spine.  Gambo, Kohli, Pandya, Saha and jadeja can bash the Pommie's FC level spin "attack".  

I think the wickets are going to be more spin friendly than the NZ series - that's the only reason for having Gambhir in the mix - he plays spin extremely well.  

Since Umesh was regularly picked ahead of dhaval and even BK in recent past.. it seems captains and coaches have realized the value of Speed...what Speed can bring to the Table.

even pandya being fast tracked.. its bcos of his 137k+ Speed on indian tracks...

I feel Varun Aroon is being neglected and he also requires a look in soon.

Ishant has also been between 136 to 147k and even shammi has bent his back bowling mostly at an average speed of 139k-140k.

our pacers used to have an average pace of 129k and with rare balls touching 140k.

Now shammi ishant umesh try and maintain an average pace of 139 to 141k and what I am excited about is that some times ishant is the fastest and sometimes Umesh and some times Shammi...goes to show that all the three are competing...

Should have selected Dhawal Kulkarni instead of Pandya. Dhawal has toiled his ass off in the domestics. He has better numbers with the bat and ball for a longer duration than Pandya. Pandya is a better version of Binny at this point in career. Dhawal had a 10-fer in his last FC match.

Edited by laaloo