So how long is the rope for Saha?

Austin 3:!6

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

India has taken 12 wickets so far in this test .....  6 of them have been caught Saha

He has not scored .... but in an innings where our second highest score is 26

And his head is being sought because of his batting  !

Shows how little some people value the necessity of a really good keeper in test matches .....  T20 influence I guess

And it is not as if the keeper he replaced was a great batter in tests outside Asia. (  Dhoni averages just 29.8 in tests outside Asia )

The question of lesser batting ability of Saha arises only in tests in Asia ( where Dhoni averages 47.2 ) ....  but we are winning everything in Asia and I would rather have a good keeper.

Dhoni chamchas won't understand the importance and value of good quality keeping. Even at his worst, saha is a massive upgrade on dhoni

17 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No one asked for Dhoni to be back in test cricket. All we are saying is the transition from MSD to Saha as a keeper bat is like from mercedes to auto rickshaw which leaks petrol. Think Pappu Patel or KD can do better job. If Saha has to play, we invariably have to alwayd pick 6 batsmen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

But what special has dhoni ever done overseas with the bat?

14 hours ago, maniac said:

lot of people in India and abroad learnt the rules of cricket watching Lagaan which was obviously a fiction and almost all these suckers think it was real history..

now these same set of suckers plus a lot more suckers who came along in the 16 years since Lagaan watched MSD an untold story which was obviously another fictional story and think MSD is the greatest cricketer ever :cantstop:

That explains a lot.

now you might have a question if a lot more suckers saw MSD movie than how come it did not make 1% of the box office compared to Lagaan well the answer to that is movies get to Netflix,There is a lot more piracy and other streams to watch movies these days so that explains it.

What are you talking about? Lagaan worldwide collection 65 crore. MS Dhoni 210 crore.

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

He is a poor keeper, he may score 10 runs more than Saha but if you drop the likes of Du Plessis/Kock/ABDV even once they may cost you 100 runs. Besides with such a poor slip catching unit we can't afford a weak keeper. 

He has really improved. To be competitive it is given that Wkt Kprs need to score.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

He has really improved. To be competitive it is given that Wkt Kprs need to score.

No he hasn't improved at all man. He's still the same **** wk he was. He dropped so many catches and missed a lot of stumpings in the Eng series. I also thought he improved after reading about what Kumble had to say, but that's not the same case. His 50s don't make up even a fraction of the runs he loses while dropping catches and missing stumpings. 

5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

No he hasn't improved at all man. He's still the same **** wk he was. He dropped so many catches and missed a lot of stumpings in the Eng series. I also thought he improved after reading about what Kumble had to say, but that's not the same case. His 50s don't make up even a fraction of the runs he loses while dropping catches and missing stumpings. 

Let us give him a chance. I have a feeling he has really matured and you do want to create competition for every spot.

23 minutes ago, Lannister said:

OP need to have some shame before opening such threads. How many times did Dhoni failed and yet was provided backing? 

Sometimes I wonder do these guys even watch to support Indian team or just some guys they idolize. What a pathetic sight this is. 

Bhai, they are protecting Dhoni because he's poster boy of CSK (a movement which gave so much pride to that part of the country). If poster boy is discredited , then movement will be also, hence chutskis work overtime on this forum to wipe dhoni's bum, trying to ensure its image is clean.

39 minutes ago, Khota said:

Let us give him a chance. I have a feeling he has really matured and you do want to create competition for every spot.

We gave him a chance bro in the England series. And he failed to grab them. Pun intended.

But yes agreed about the creating a competition for every spot. But you can't do that with tried and tested failures like parthiv or karthik. Blood someone new.

Edited by Laaloo
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

What are you talking about? Lagaan worldwide collection 65 crore. MS Dhoni 210 crore.

it is called "adjusted to inflation"...that is how box office comparison is measured.

Also these days any crap film is released in a lot more theaters that out of curiosity the first day itself they generate collections even if they are flop.

5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

We gave him a chance bro in the England series. And he failed to grab them. Pun intended.

But yes agreed about the creating a competition for every spot. But you can't do that with tried and tested failures like parthiv or karthik. Blood someone new.

I think he deserves to catch a break now. 

2 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Bhai, they are protecting Dhoni because he's poster boy of CSK (a movement which gave so much pride to that part of the country). If poster boy is discredited , then movement will be also, hence chutskis work overtime on this forum to wipe dhoni's bum, trying to ensure its image is clean.

Just goes to show how cheap these guys and where there loyalty lies. Indian team will be better off such fans. 

19 minutes ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Saha has to bat at 6, more time to bat and open up. He strikes me as nervous and a shaky starter, has to be more assured at the crease.

He has it in him to score, just a mental thing. But yh we need to get a young keeper soon. 

There are no options currently, Parthiv or DK will return if not for Saha. He has to come good this year. Unfortunately Kohli does not trust him to be no 6. I mean even in Indian conditions, Ashwin came ahead of him. Who knows, he might even drop him below Bhuvi next innings. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

India has taken 12 wickets so far in this test .....  6 of them have been caught Saha

He has not scored .... but in an innings where our second highest score is 26

And his head is being sought because of his batting  !

Shows how little some people value the necessity of a really good keeper in test matches .....  T20 influence I guess

And it is not as if the keeper he replaced was a great batter in tests outside Asia. (  Dhoni averages just 29.8 in tests outside Asia )

The question of lesser batting ability of Saha arises only in tests in Asia ( where Dhoni averages 47.2 ) ....  but we are winning everything in Asia and I would rather have a good keeper.

Let's give Saha ample chances before writing him off