Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stuge

Where is Atul Sharma now ?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No, he is for real. Now he might not be as good as he was hyped, but there was a guy named Atul Sharma and Ian Pont was partially right at least about him. Of course there is some hype like there is about every player. 

If he was that good and was hyped to be the "FASTEST" bowler in the world capable of bowling around 160 kph then

we would've seen a fair amount of him in 8 years.That guy has not played a match till now..let him play for USA or Uganda.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

If he was that good and was hyped to be the "FASTEST" bowler in the world capable of bowling around 160 kph then

we would've seen a fair amount of him in 8 years.That guy has not played a match till now..let him play for USA or Uganda.

He was surely hyped. No one in international cricket had bowled 150 on regular basis so can't expect from him.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

If he was that good and was hyped to be the "FASTEST" bowler in the world capable of bowling around 160 kph then

we would've seen a fair amount of him in 8 years.That guy has not played a match till now..let him play for USA or Uganda.

There was some truth to him bechare he was packed by RR in 2009. He was also sent to Australia by RR to check the legality of his bowling action. Problem started when he tore ligament of his shoulder just before IPL and he would not want to undergo surgery for that and couldnt play cricket any more.

Share this post


Link to post
There was some truth to him bechare he was packed by RR in 2009. He was also sent to Australia by RR to check the legality of his bowling action. Problem started when he tore ligament of his shoulder just before IPL and he would not want to undergo surgery for that and couldnt play cricket any more.

 

Why he didn't want surgery ?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

There was some truth to him bechare he was packed by RR in 2009. He was also sent to Australia by RR to check the legality of his bowling action. Problem started when he tore ligament of his shoulder just before IPL and he would not want to undergo surgery for that and couldnt play cricket any more.

Such a pinhead :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

 

Why he didn't want surgery ?

Disappointment. Loss of hope. After so many years of hard work, just when his dream was about to come true, he suffered a serious injury and he completely went away from cricket. He also thought he would lose his pace after that injury. Shoulder surgeries are serious. It ruined the career of UP fast bowler Sudeep Tyagi who lost his pace after a shoulder injury in 2012.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Disappointment. Loss of hope. After so many years of hard work, just when his dream was about to come true, he suffered a serious injury and he completely went away from cricket. He also thought he would lose his pace after that injury. Shoulder surgeries are serious. It ruined the career of UP fast bowler Sudeep Tyagi who lost his pace after a shoulder injury in 2012.

Some bowlers do few don't, Tyagi was promising fast bowler, he was over bowled n ground to dust by Kaif where he took record wkts n I think won Ranji trophy or something.When you have no option you gotta take a chance, soccer players have knee surgeries, so do baseball players n other athletes have surgeries .with advancement in Science ,reconstructive surgery n other things it's more in your favour.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/14/2017 at 5:56 PM, rkt.india said:

Disappointment. Loss of hope. After so many years of hard work, just when his dream was about to come true, he suffered a serious injury and he completely went away from cricket. He also thought he would lose his pace after that injury. Shoulder surgeries are serious. It ruined the career of UP fast bowler Sudeep Tyagi who lost his pace after a shoulder injury in 2012.

And that's why Atul - Pace bowling great - Sharma was unable to utterly dominate pace bowling like he wuz born to du, guv.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Some bowlers do few don't, Tyagi was promising fast bowler, he was over bowled n ground to dust by Kaif where he took record wkts n I think won Ranji trophy or something.When you have no option you gotta take a chance, soccer players have knee surgeries, so do baseball players n other athletes have surgeries .with advancement in Science ,reconstructive surgery n other things it's more in your favour.

"Tommy John" surgeries are high probability for success, but they don't help cricket bowlers.  Shoulder is a very complex joint, and surgery is not a no-brainer choice for patients I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/13/2017 at 10:57 AM, Cricketics said:

He will play for USA soon, he bowls here in club games. 

Looks like he has found his calling...he can bowl his 170k thunderbolt to rotund uncles wearing jerseys sponsored from ranging anywhere between Patel brothers,Paradise Biryani to Indian chat bhandaar,Devi bhjan gift shop.

 

uncles who have time to play this weekend because of no i.t release or development work

 

uncles who want to get away from being a helicopter parent to their kids for that weekend.

 

Atul Sharma has found his calling :nice:

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

"Tommy John" surgeries are high probability for success, but they don't help cricket bowlers.  Shoulder is a very complex joint, and surgery is not a no-brainer choice for patients I would think.

Tommy John surgery is common but baseball knows what it is doing. Cricket does not. No starting pitcher is going to start the next game. They rest them.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Khota said:

Tommy John surgery is common but baseball knows what it is doing. Cricket does not. No starting pitcher is going to start the next game. They rest them.

Starting pitchers hurl the ball about 100 times in the game - without a run-up.  Bio mechanics are completely different.   Plus warm-ups - that's a work-load comparable to test matches - not one-day cricket or T20.     Btw, there are a lot of differing schools of thought on workload management for pitchers in Baseball.  The Japanese have a completely different regimen for example.  So no need to unnecessarily glorify American sports methodology.   Not everything that glitters is gold.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sandeep said:

"Tommy John" surgeries are high probability for success, but they don't help cricket bowlers.  Shoulder is a very complex joint, and surgery is not a no-brainer choice for patients I would think.

It is a no brainier in terms of athletes career span, he cannot wait it out, or it won't self heal, maybe he tried alternative route, but what other choice did he have, if the only choice he had was to be operated then off course it is a no brainer

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, sandeep said:

Starting pitchers hurl the ball about 100 times in the game - without a run-up.  Bio mechanics are completely different.   Plus warm-ups - that's a work-load comparable to test matches - not one-day cricket or T20.     Btw, there are a lot of differing schools of thought on workload management for pitchers in Baseball.  The Japanese have a completely different regimen for example.  So no need to unnecessarily glorify American sports methodology.   Not everything that glitters is gold.  

If you are serious about sports there is only one country that can teach you. U.S.A.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, sandeep said:

"Tommy John" surgeries are high probability for success, but they don't help cricket bowlers.  Shoulder is a very complex joint, and surgery is not a no-brainer choice for patients I would think.

Srinath had a shoulder surgery in late 90s and he could only throw the ball underarm after that.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Khota said:

If you are serious about sports there is only one country that can teach you. U.S.A.

USA sports is built on the concept of specialization - they are the masters of sub-dividing physical skills and specialization.  Look at baseball, "american" football - each of this sports creates specialist positions by skill and related physical traits - A starting pitcher will be a very different body type than a designated hitter.  NFL players are almost like different species - compare a 350 pound lineman to a lithe wide receiver and you'll see what I mean.   But ask the USA to put together a Rugby team that can compete at the highest level and see them struggle.   

 

Of course there's no denying the peaks of scientific training, medicial treatment and other expertise in American sport - but that's a direct result of being able to provide the most funds.  Thrown enough money and priority on a task, and a society will soon start seeing results - case in point - the chinese olympic efforts.  

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I can reveal I used to bowl 170mph. I too was signed by RR but just before IPL I had a groin injury from all the attention I got from the ladies due to my pace.

 

Worth it

I recall seeing you bowl at the pace of light :agree:  I was the one who used to hit you out of the park regularly during our practice matches. Unfortunately Dravid had a masterplan of saving me for playoffs but we never got there :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Brainfade said:

Cruel bloody thread. At least he was out there working hard trying to make it, while we're playing keyboard critic. Who the f are we to demean him when it is clear that he was derailed by injury?

 

Let's wish him luck and good health.  

Still its too hard not to take a dig at him lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Still its too hard not to take a dig at him lol. 

Maybe ok until it became clear in this thread that he was injured. But once that's established, we should be more sympathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Vilander said:

What is the need for bumping old threads when India has actual fastbowlers doing well ?

Chicken goes hiding in his fav Umesh Yadav thread. :giggle: He is the biggest fraud ever. It's like pot calling kettle black. 

Edited by Rasgulla

Share this post


Link to post

There was some truth to this hype to be honest. But bowling express pace is punishing on the human body. If he really did run out of motivation , I don't blame him. Even the ones with the best body types for express bowling suffer injuries and are never the same again. Thommo and holding in the 70's , Zahid,Waqar,Akhtar,Tait all were plagued with injuries and could not sustain pace for any significant amount of time. The only exception seems to have been Brett Lee. Plenty of injuries but always seemed to come back and bowl damn quick. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×