Greatest fast bowling spell you have seen

Vk1

@Gollum brilliant spells all. Also what's it about Dhoni and Sreesanth in 2010. Did he cut short his spell and never let him bowl in that test? Dhoni seems to have special liking for Shree. Supposedly the uber cool guy once said entire team played well except for Sreesanth or stg on those lines. Guess against Bangla in 2011 wc opener.

36 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

@Gollum brilliant spells all. Also what's it about Dhoni and Sreesanth in 2010. Did he cut short his spell and never let him bowl in that test? Dhoni seems to have special liking for Shree. Supposedly the uber cool guy once said entire team played well except for Sreesanth or stg on those lines. Guess against Bangla in 2011 wc opener.

As you probably remember we headed off to Cape Town with the series level at 1-1. Sree bowled brilliantly in the 1st dig getting a fifer. He was very quick(140+) and aggressive in that innings, getting into verbal duels and sending off batsmen after getting them out. He was pumped up, had the Saffers running for cover.  Don't know what prompted Dhoni but for some odd reason he had a go at the quick in the hotel lobby in front of the SA team and mediapersons, literally scolded him like he was a 6 year old or something, reducing Sree to the verge of tears, you know how emotional the Mallu is...looks and acts all mean and tough but internally very soft and timid. 2nd time around when Sree came to bowl he bowled in the 120s and behaved like a shareef nadaan bacchha, Dhoni in stead of keeping his big mouth shut had transformed our SA killer into a meek friendly trundler. We almost won that match, had the real Sree showed up it was a straightforward victory. One of our biggest misses, a series win against that SA would have been Indian cricket's single greatest achievement but alas !!!

The person who insulted Sreesanth in Dhaka was Sehwag, not MSD.

Edited by Gollum

Anderson and Broad bowling in tandem and humiliating Dhoni led team. That was brutal. 

Also Sreesanth's spell against SA was the best I have seen by an Indian. 

Sadly missed lot of Steyn's action, the only thing I remember is Steyn vs Rohit and that was really pathetic seeing an Indian batsman getting toyed around like that. 

8 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Anderson and Broad bowling in tandem and humiliating Dhoni led team. That was brutal. 

Also Sreesanth's spell against SA was the best I have seen by an Indian. 

Sadly missed lot of Steyn's action, the only thing I remember is Steyn vs Rohit and that was really pathetic seeing an Indian batsman getting toyed around like that. 

I presume you are talking about the 2011 series. There was nothing special about their bowling, we were just so pathetic that any half decent bowler could have rolled his arms and embarrassed us. Later that year Hilfenhaus made our maharathis his clients....that was our level that year. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

As you probably remember we headed off to Cape Town with the series level at 1-1. Sree bowled brilliantly in the 1st dig getting a fifer. He was very quick(140+) and aggressive in that innings, getting into verbal duels and sending off batsmen after getting them out. He was pumped up, had the Saffers running for cover.  Don't know what prompted Dhoni but for some odd reason he had a go at the quick in the hotel lobby in front of the SA team and mediapersons, literally scolded him like he was a 6 year old or something, reducing Sree to the verge of tears, you know how emotional the Mallu is...looks and acts all mean and tough but internally very soft and timid. 2nd time around when Sree came to bowl he bowled in the 120s and behaved like a shareef nadaan bacchha, Dhoni in stead of keeping his big mouth shut had transformed our SA killer into a meek friendly trundler. We almost won that match, had the real Sree showed up it was a straightforward victory. One of our biggest misses, a series win against that SA would have been Indian cricket's single greatest achievement but alas !!!

The person who insulted Sreesanth in Dhaka was Sehwag, not MSD.

Shocked to read this if it's true. Series victory against south Africa on line and msd blasts Sreesanth just to keep up his uber cool image.

4 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Shocked to read this if it's true. Series victory against south Africa on line and msd blasts Sreesanth just to keep up his uber cool image.

Ghanta ubercool. He only scolds players who dont jump from the 24th floor for him or bring biryani for him or those that played with him for chuskis. He has no issues blasting his bowlers in the media but he will never utter a word against the chuskis.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

I presume you are talking about the 2011 series. There was nothing special about their bowling, we were just so pathetic that any half decent bowler could have rolled his arms and embarrassed us. Later that year Hilfenhaus made our maharathis his clients....that was our level that year. 

Actually I was talking about 2013 series. The scoreline was embarrassing to see even though we did win a game there. Yeah, I completely forgot about 2011 series, that should've been the end of Dhoni's captaincy. 

8 hours ago, Lannister said:

Actually I was talking about 2013 series. The scoreline was embarrassing to see even though we did win a game there. Yeah, I completely forgot about 2011 series, that should've been the end of Dhoni's captaincy. 

That was the end of his captaincy as per our then chief selector Jimmy Amarnath, but that rascal Srini mama had to enter and save his boy's ass. 

In 2013 we were much better than 2011, we had a grip over them English lads in the 1st 2 tests, 3rd test wasn't exactly a wipeout because our stupidity gave them the win and not some English magnificence. Last 2 tests were embarrassing to say the least but that is expected when your no 3, no 4 and 2nd opener suck so bad........ only Vijay, Rahane, Ashwin and Dhoni turned up with the bat somewhat. I pin the blame fully on Gambhir/Dhawan/Che/Kohli in that series especially Kohli. 

On an astro turf pitch where ball was coming on to the bat easily, I bowled 7 overs 20 runs and 4 wickets. It was the best  I had ever bowled. Even though I have taken fifers before, but this particular 4fer

was my best bowling effort. In the opposition were some top Jamaican domestic players along with Sunny Sohal, Harmeet Singh, Rishi Dhawan in the team. I think I was clocking 82 miles that day.

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

On an astro turf pitch where ball was coming on to the bat easily, I bowled 7 overs 20 runs and 4 wickets. It was the best  I had ever bowled. Even though I have taken fifers before, but this particular 4fer

was my best bowling effort. In the opposition were some top Jamaican domestic players along with Sunny Sohal, Harmeet Singh, Rishi Dhawan in the team. I think I was clocking 82 miles that day.

Who are you? May I get your name? 

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

@rkt.india @express bowling Time to open a new thread