Green pitches likely in Nagpur and Delhi too

Feed

I would rather we play on normal pitches, we are losing points every time we draw against middle tier teams. We need a good cushion because of the overseas series' next year. May be rest the top players from ODIs/T20s and send them on an early flight to SA like Kirsten forced us to do in 2010-11. 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I would rather we play on normal pitches, we are losing points every time we draw against middle tier teams. We need a good cushion because of the overseas series' next year. May be rest the top players from ODIs/T20s and send them on an early flight to SA like Kirsten forced us to do in 2010-11. 

we drew because of rain and not because of the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They shud have also selected Jaipur or mohali as venue for last test rather then delhi

U can put all the grass u want, SA pitches are more about pace n bounce and delhi pitch by its original nature is low n slow. Atleast mohali n jaipur pitch wud have given a good practice for pacy n bouncy pitches when grass added to it

Mohali is slower and lower than Delhi. The square there is crying for being relaid for years now.  It is absolutely dead.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

we drew because of rain and not because of the pitch.

I know but I don't want us to take chances. 1st test was fine because even if we lost that we had 2 tests to comeback. Now with only 2 tests remaining I want us to win 2-0 without any drama or sniff of luck going Lanka's way. We should keep our no 1 spot for as long as possible. We will definitely shed some points next year even if we play well, if some other team gets into a hot streak our no 1 ranking will be in danger.  

4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

the problem on such pitches is once the grass dries out it will become very easy for batting as the soil is dead.bowling 1st could be a big advantage if you bowl well.

yes. it wont give the pace and bounce that Eden did because it is slow and low.