India playing just 22 test matches at home in the next 5 years

2 Tests vs NZ Nov-Dec 2021 (last series in 2016)

5 Tests vs ENG Oct 2020 (last series in 2016)

3 Tests vs SA Oct 2019 (last series in 2015)

4 Tests vs AUS Oct-Nov 2022 (last series in 2017)

2 Tests vs WI Oct-Nov 2018 (last series in 2013)

3 Tests vs SL Feb-Mar 2022 (last series in 2017)

2 Tests vs BANG Nov 2019 (last "series" in 2017)

1 Test vs AFG Jun 18

So Australia will be playing a Test series after nearly 5 and a half years in 2022 which is a pretty big gap. Would have preferred a 3 Test series vs NZ and 4 Tests against SA. SL should just be getting 2 Tests like WI. Apart from that not much to complain about.

PS: I hope AB/Steyn/Rabada are all playing when SA are here in 2019 and they schedule one of the Tests in Mumbai :pray:.

I think it will be fine... we will get a more balanced schedule after this with both home and away series within reasonable timeframes!

I did not like our recent experience of touring everyone away and then everyone touring us here. 

WTF 5.5 years till we meet Aus after that mindblowing 2017 series against them !!!!

And only 3 tests against SA, I thought Gandhi-Mandela trophy was set to be a 4 test affair.

We hardly play NZ these days. Naa hum wahaan jaate hai aur naa woh yahaan aate hain. 

And would like more tests against an improving WI and BD now that we don't play Pak anymore. Even SL I suspect will go through this bad phase and field a much stronger test team in 1-2 years.

HORRIBLE SCHEDULING, F U BCCI.

Now that we are a pretty good test team, shouldn't we play more tests? This may well be our golden generation, we need to maximize our wins and set right many wrongs. Kohli, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, etc are stalwarts in test cricket and it will be grossly unfair if they only play 22 home tests in the coming 5 years, most of them may even retire after 5 years...so so unfair. And knowing BCCI scheduling they will play tests in Eden during Kalbaisakhi, Chepauk during peak N.E Monsoon, Dharamsala during snowfall period, Mumbai/Kochi during S.W Monsoon and in Kotla just a day after Diwali or during paddy stalk burning month...so effectively we may get just 15 odd home tests in the next 5 years, b@stards just ruin everything. 

Edited by Gollum
9 hours ago, Khota said:

Test match is a relic of old era when people had time. Pace at which world is moving leaves no place for these dinosaurs.

World is still moving at the same speed. lol  Are you telling everyone was watching cricket ball by ball in an era when there was hardly any tv?  I followed Test cricket intensely. When i got a chance i would listen to radio. Most of the scores i would learn next day on news paper.   Test cricket following is far more now than previous era thanks to online viewing. I watched entire Laxman's 281 at the office in office computer using office bandwidth.    Even now many watch cricket at the office. This "world is moving fast" makes zero sense. People have lot more time at their disposal than before. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

World is still moving at the same speed. lol  Are you telling everyone was watching cricket ball by ball in an era when there was hardly any tv?  I followed Test cricket intensely. When i got a chance i would listen to radio. Most of the scores i would learn next day on news paper.   Test cricket following is far more now than previous era thanks to online viewing. I watched entire Laxman's 281 at the office in office computer using office bandwidth.    Even now many watch cricket at the office. This "world is moving fast" makes zero sense. People have lot more time at their disposal than before. 

Very true 

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

Now that we are a pretty good test team, shouldn't we play more tests? This may well be our golden generation, we need to maximize our wins and set right many wrongs. Kohli, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, etc are stalwarts in test cricket and it will be grossly unfair if they only play 22 home tests in the coming 5 years, most of them may even retire after 5 years...so so unfair. And knowing BCCI scheduling they will play tests in Eden during Kalbaisakhi, Chepauk during peak N.E Monsoon, Dharamsala during snowfall period, Mumbai/Kochi during S.W Monsoon and in Kotla just a day after Diwali or during paddy stalk burning month...so effectively we may get just 15 odd home tests in the next 5 years, b@stards just ruin everything. 

this is only home series. we will have a lot of away tests during this period.

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

WTF 5.5 years till we meet Aus after that mindblowing 2017 series against them !!!!

And only 3 tests against SA, I thought Gandhi-Mandela trophy was set to be a 4 test affair.

We hardly play NZ these days. Naa hum wahaan jaate hai aur naa woh yahaan aate hain. 

And would like more tests against an improving WI and BD now that we don't play Pak anymore. Even SL I suspect will go through this bad phase and field a much stronger test team in 1-2 years.

HORRIBLE SCHEDULING, F U BCCI.

we are playing Australia next year in Australia, so, not after after 5.5 years. Before 2017, Aus toured us back in 2012-13. so, almost 4-5 years back. One home and away cycle does take 4-5 years.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

we are playing Australia next year in Australia, so, not after after 5.5 years. Before 2017, Aus toured us back in 2012-13. so, almost 4-5 years back. One home and away cycle does take 4-5 years.

I am talking about our home series, it will be 5.5 years after 2017 Aus visit. One cycle, esp involving big teams takes 3-4 years and not 5.5 !!!!

Aus in India:

1998 (3 tests)

2001 (3)

2004 (4)

2008 (4)

2010 (2)

2013 (4)

2017 Feb (4)

2022 Oct ????

And btw this is a marquee clash, probably the most enthralling rivalry of the past 20 years, 2017 was an epic series...so why this long long wait? Kohli vs Smith, Ash vs Lyon, Shami vs Cummins.....so many interesting sub plots too.

Edited by Gollum
9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

World is moving at an unprecedented pace now. It would take months to come to India from England and now you can do it in 7 hrs. It would take months to send a letter and now the email is there in fraction of time. World is moving at a pace mankind has never seen.

Five day matches are a relic of the era of the empire when the brown man was doing all their tasks. Even people in the Empire now frown upon cricket and watch football and spend money on it. Looking at the crowd most of the people watching it are elderly and retired with no interest from younger generation. Those who think that cricket can be made popular in west just dont get it. Mark my word it never will be except for the immigrants.

The way forward is T20. I have been to these test matches in person and by the third day in the stadium all we had was people throwing orange peels at each other. Looking back Test Cricket was the worst of all the spectator sports I have watched along with synchronized swimming. Give me T20 anyday anytime.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

World is moving at an unprecedented pace now. It would take months to come to India from England and now you can do it in 7 hrs. It would take months to send a letter and now the email is there in fraction of time. World is moving at a pace mankind has never seen.

Five day matches are a relic of the era of the empire when the brown man was doing all their tasks. Even people in the Empire now frown upon cricket and watch football and spend money on it. Looking at the crowd most of the people watching it are elderly and retired with no interest from younger generation. Those who think that cricket can be made popular in west just dont get it. Mark my word it never will be except for the immigrants.

The way forward is T20. I have been to these test matches in person and by the third day in the stadium all we had was people throwing orange peels at each other. Looking back Test Cricket was the worst of all the spectator sports I have watched along with synchronized swimming. Give me T20 anyday anytime.

5 day test was difficult to follow even 40 years back. Nobody would sit and follow the entire match even then. If anything we had no car, we had no online payment, we had no netflix, amazon prime, not many had TV.  In my previous company worked from home for 8 years straight. Check in which era obesity is spiking? Only this era. Sedantary life is one reason. People are not busy. I spend lot of time on social media, forums, reading news. I have so much time in my life to do multitasking more than ever. I can predict exactly what i will be doing after 10 years . It is robotic, pretty routine.

Remember India's schedule in the 90s? Too many meaningless ODI bilaterals/multi nations and too few tests, there were years when we played only 4 tests whole year. SRT was at his peak then but got robbed by BCCI's idiotic scheduling. Now we have Kohli at the peak of his powers but even he will meet the same fate as SRT while the likes of Smith and Root will play 14 tests per year on an average. At least he should have the brains to speak out, ODI and T20 means zilch......apart from CWC and WT20/CT/Asia Cup white ball cricket has no relevance. Test cricket is the only format which determines a player's worth and our golden generation at the peak of their powers are being denied the opportunity to enhance their standing.