I was RCB's biggest draw, it was disappointing not to be retained - Chris Gayle

Straight Drive

Reference: 

Crcibuzz

http://I was RCB's biggest draw, it was disappointing not to be retained - Chris Gayle

Not "one of". I was their biggest draw. It was disappointing from that end, because they had called me. They wanted me in the team and I was told that I will be retained. But they never called back after that. So that gave me the impression that they didn't want me and it's fine. As I said, I can't fight with anyone. I think I had a wonderful CPL and BPL - where I scored two centuries for my side Rangpur Riders. The stats don't lie: 21 centuries, most number of sixes. If that doesn't put a stamp on brand Chris Gayle, I don't know what will.

I do feel he was the biggest draw. Forget being biggest draw in RCB, he is the best T20 batsman in world cricket. Nobody apart from Gayle himself will break the records he has set in T20 cricket. Virat scoring 175 without having the ability to hit sixers like Gayle, no way. Can't see ABD scoring 175 as well. He is way ahead of any T20 batsman. Virat is nowhere near to him in T20 cricket. Neither is ABD. Like Gayle said, it's true that his records speak for him and he needs to prove nothing. He is the Bradman of T20 cricket, a class of his own. 

He should be happy to be part of a squad that is ranked among the top 3 and not the perennial bottom 3 team

Yeah, the way Gayle and Rahul are playing shows how bad the talent spotting team of RCB is. Heck they cant identify established talents like Gayle and Rahul who played in front of their eyes. Neither can they scout good bowlers. 

Glad for him that he is now taken K11P to top 4. 

Edited by Straight Drive

He has a really big ego .

He has been going on and on about this.

Has ego , no doubt. Twitter handle - Universe Boss. Refers to himself as "King Gayle".

But it's a fact that he is the best batsman in T20 cricket. Yes, he tells it again and again to media and fans, but its the truth that he is saying. Childish but true records. As long as he is scoring runs, it should not matter that he likes flashy lifestyle, is proudy etc. He isn't doing anything wrong. I do agree that he could be better with less ego, but everyone has his own attitude and behavior.  

This behavior is not impacting his cricket at all. 

Most IPL tons : 6

Most Sixers in IPL - 288
Higesht Score in IPL - 175* (Not out, as if 175 wasn't enough, crazy man)
Fastest IPL ton - 30 balls

IPL Average : 43 @ SR 151

T20 records:

Most Tons in T20 - 21
Only player to score two T20 world cup tons
Leading runscorer in all forms of T20s (10074 runs)
Highest opening stand in ICC World T20 history (145)
Most number of sixes in a T20 innings (18)

Edited by Straight Drive

no way RCB could have retained Three big draws in Gayle, Kohli and ABD. If they had retained Gayle for 11 crores, ABD would only have got 7, which he would not have agreed to. So retention of only two was possible.  

i am still not very much sure about how much retaine players will receive..

i am certain that retianed player can get less than the retained amount deducted .

it might be possible that players can be paid more than that as well

i am still not very much sure about how much retaine players will receive..

i am certain that retianed player can get less than the retained amount deducted .

it might be possible that players can be paid more than that as well

whatever the case, you wont expect, Kohli, Gayle, AB to get less than the retained amount.  Gayle, Kohli, and AB both deserved to be first retainer getting 15 crore. Gayle was unlucky that no team bid for him earlier. Even one team had bit for him, his price would been sky rocketed as others too would have started bidding. Sometimes, teams do not team on purpose, in fear of price getting high on certain players.  And no, retained players cannot be paid more than what is they are retained for. Manish Pandey and Jadeja were banned for a year each while they were trying to make similar type of deal with franchisees.