I Lost My Place To A Special Player, It Was MS Dhoni: Dinesh Karthik !!!

velu

201014161122-Hotel13-Article_630_630.jpg

It wasn't easy being Dinesh Karthik. Particularly, when there is an era where India's best wicket kepper-batsman Mahendra Singh Dhoni redefined the role of the man behind the wicket.

33-year-old Krishnakumar Dinesh Karthik will play his comeback match as India will take on Afghanistan in the lone Test match-series on Thursday. He last donned a white cap in 2010. On why he was not picked for the longest format of the game all these years, he was honest: "I was not good enough in presence of a special player like MS Dhoni".

The Chennai-born stumper says: "Look, I think I wasn't good enough, rather I was not consistent enough. That was a highly competitive environment and there was someone called MS Dhoni breathing down my neck, which caused a lot of stir in world cricket at that point of time. He went on to become one of the greatest captains India has ever produced."

sorry guys .. too good thread to be missed :biggrin:

@Khota  :dance:

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/i-lost-my-place-to-a-special-player-it-was-ms-dhoni-says-wicket-keeper-dinesh-ka/312458

Never before or never again, India will get a keeper batsman of Dhoni's caliber. Being someone who watched cricket in 90s, those days of MSK Prasad, Ajay Ratra, Deep dasgupta & Sameer Dighe still haunts me. The situation was so bad that Nayan Mongia was a luxury. How badly I used to crave for a Gilchrist or a Moin Khan or an Andy Flower etc. in our team. Still remember MSK Prasad used to defend a ball and stay in that position for 15 secs as a showoff :laugh:

In 2005, God had finally heard year old plea and gifted us the 2nd greatest keeper bat ever. But kids these days don't know what pain we went through in 90s and want to get rid of Dhoni :facepalm:

32 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Never before or never again, India will get a keeper batsman of Dhoni's caliber. Being someone who watched cricket in 90s, those days of MSK Prasad, Ajay Ratra, Deep dasgupta & Sameer Dighe still haunts me. The situation was so bad that Nayan Mongia was a luxury. How badly I used to crave for a Gilchrist or a Moin Khan or an Andy Flower etc. in our team. Still remember MSK Prasad used to defend a ball and stay in that position for 15 secs as a showoff :laugh:

In 2005, God had finally heard year old plea and gifted us the 2nd greatest keeper bat ever. But kids these days don't know what pain we went through in 90s and want to get rid of Dhoni :facepalm:

We have pant, Kishan both upgrade over Dhoni’s current form. 

33 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Agreed but now he was a liability. If his game picks up it is fine otherwise karthick is an upgrade.

56 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Ohh yea , i remeber when i saw that Ind-A tour in kenya and i saw dhoni n i called my frend n said i think we have gotten our gilchrist

strange he still had to wait almost n year after that 

56 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

ohh those days of horror , jalti thi dusre team ke keeper dekh ke 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

They weren't good in keeping either. I recall Srinath getting robbed by keepers and slip catching. They were as good as Pakistani fielding

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

People get old just because Dhoni was good in his prime , it doesn't mean he should be good now also.

3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Every great has his time. Dhoni's time is close if not already up.  People dont deny Dhoni's greatness. 

7 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

He lost his place because he scored the winning runs, when Ailiaaa is on 96 or something :phehe:

Fan of DK since that day.. What a guy :aha:

Yeah totally forgot that. That must be the reason :phehe:. I watched it live and could picture it even this day how Sachin whined about Karthik finishing it. Atleast he didnt say it in the press conference like he did in 2004 tour.

13 hours ago, Garuda said:

Yeah totally forgot that. That must be the reason :phehe:. I watched it live and could picture it even this day how Sachin whined about Karthik finishing it. Atleast he didnt say it in the press conference like he did in 2004 tour.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/karthik-draws-flak-for-leaving-tendulkar-stranded-on-96-63491-2009-12-22

:cantstop:  @Laaloo and  @speedheat @maniac hate DK for reason. 

8 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Don't forget Saba Karim. Indian cricket in 90s :hysterical: