Squad for 4th and 5th test match

Desperate time calls for desperate measure. It is time to send some players home from England Vacation. I hope selectors are pissed at the show that was displayed by Indian team. 

Virat Kohli(c)

Shikhar Dhawan 

Lokesh Rahul

Dinesh Karthik

Kuldeep Yadav

Hardik Pandya

Umesh Yadav 

Shardul Thakur 

Murali Vijay

Cheteshwar Pujara

Ajinkya Rahane

Karun Nair

Rishabh Pant

Ravichandran Ashwin

Ravindra Jadeja

Jasprit Bumrah

Ishant Sharma

Mohammed Shami

Addition:

Prithvi Shaw

Hanuman Vihari

Mayank Agarwal 

Ankit Rajpoot

Mohammad Siraj

Edited by wanted_desi

i believe Siraj and Mayank will definitely be picked in. Vijay is definitely flying back. May be Kuldeep may also be dropped, he looked awful in the test.

Hanuma Vihari can replace pujara only if pujara scores less than 10 in both the innings else selectors may stick with Pujara as I guess Pujara is going to score between 20 to 50 in both the innings and manage to play 100 + balls and which will be a fair performance.

he applies himself as much as dravid though his technique is not as good as dravid so he may be able to stick , he had managed to play out anderson and had he played a few overs of anderson, he would have got stuck , with murli gone , indian team can manage at least one guy like pujara who just wanna eat up balls.

17 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i believe Siraj and Mayank will definitely be picked in. Vijay is definitely flying back. May be Kuldeep may also be dropped, he looked awful in the test.

Hanuma Vihari can replace pujara only if pujara scores less than 10 in both the innings else selectors may stick with Pujara as I guess Pujara is going to score between 20 to 50 in both the innings and manage to play 100 + balls and which will be a fair performance.

he applies himself as much as dravid though his technique is not as good as dravid so he may be able to stick , he had managed to play out anderson and had he played a few overs of anderson, he would have got stuck , with murli gone , indian team can manage at least one guy like pujara who just wanna eat up balls.

For all we know, they could pick Faiz Fazal, Unmukt Chand and Parthiv Patel because they scored centuries in a match within the last 5 years and ... you know ... are experienced.

I would go with the 11 below:

Shaw (low expectations in his first series in these conditions)

Rahul (should get full series)

Rahane (may not be consistent enough)

Kohli

Pujara (well) 

Pant

Pandya 

Ashwin 

Shami (Ind's best all conditions bowler)

Pace bowler 

Bumrah 

The bolded ones are all under 25! .... The new pace bowler is likely to be under 25 too 

Edited by zen
22 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Why will the selectors drop somebody who did not even get a single game? That he should not have been there in the first place is not a valid argument.

The fact that Shardul could not be played even though the team management wanted to drop Umesh (  a just fit  Bumrah comes in the team and not Shardul or Umesh  ) ... means he is there just to provide the numbers.  What is the point of keeping such a player in the team  ?

I would rather have India win with in-form and able players ...  than be fair to individual players.