People deface Chennai swanky metro stations, pee and spit everywhere

Singh bling

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

The only to get rid of this Menance and culture is fine them high. 3000 for pan spit and 4000 for pee. But depends on what facilities they are providing like restrooms and how clean they are and trash cans etc.

People spit on dustbins.

Pee on the floor of  toilet .

We Indians have very little civic sense out side of our homes.

As long as the home is clean....the trash can be thrown in the neighborhood.

We are a country where filthy toilet mugs have to be chained in trains.

People don't give a damn to the comfort of the next user.

We are raised to worship elders and love family and home....not the neighborhood or the facilities.

We needed the Prime minister to start a campaign and a large amount of money spent , to get a large number of people to build a basic toilet in their homes.

Defaecating in the open has been a part of the culture in most parts of the country.

Delhi metro has been able to get people to take pride in it to some extent .

People do treat it better than the nornal trains.

We need a awareness campaign to get people to take pride in the surroundings.

But more importantly....we need people to be shamed and punished in public to get the message across.

People need to stop others....but then their have been killings because people dared to stop someone from peeing in the open which has been their birth right for so long.

Edited by beetle

Not at all surprised. See a lot of people spit on road after chewing pan or guthka or even without having anything. Not only the poor class, even a lot of educated working people also do such things. Unless and until the fines are set very high and it does not hurts their wallet, such people will continue doing that. Still it's very tough to get the tail straight.

Lack civic sense .... still in the 18th-19th century  ...  we need 100% civic sense literacy rate .... It is hard to find a region more dirty and unhygienic than subcon .... we drink, bathe and throw garbage in the same water system 

As I have said once I went to the Ind embassy in Toronto and it was smelling like urine :wall:  .... I hope things have improved 

Edited by zen

3 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

This attitude of people is not just limited to one particular state, on my recent visit to India a few years ago, I was so happy to finally see New Delhi Airport so modernized, just as I stepped towards the area outside where taxis are parked, the wall of the Airport was urine sprayed filth. It was sad to see that millions spent on the Airport but so many people still continue doing the same. Hopefully that changes in the future. 

I was going to write that when you come to Ind, you are greeted by the urine smell :lol:

This attitude of people is not just limited to one particular state, on my recent visit to India a few years ago, I was so happy to finally see New Delhi Airport so modernized, just as I stepped towards the area outside where taxis are parked, the wall of the Airport was urine sprayed filth. It was sad to see that millions spent on the Airport but so many people still continue doing the same. Hopefully that changes in the future. 
You won't see that at Hyderabad airport. The airport is world class and so is the road leading to/away from the airport. You have to drive a good half hour to enjoy the filth my city has to offer.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Aesthetics, cleanliness, neatness etc is rich man's taste. Poor, or poor middle class is stressed out for his next meal or how he is going to celebrate next festival with limited resources he has at his disposal. For such a person, your social parameters are of no significance. As they get above the basic problems, some part will improve on this front but until then do not blame them. Bring them up on the economic scale rather than judging them.

Do you bloddy know that super rich guy is judging you and I that how we lead filthy lives (middle/higher middle class). Its a class problem.

5 hours ago, nikred said:

You won't see that at Hyderabad airport. The airport is world class and so is the road leading to/away from the airport. You have to drive a good half hour to enjoy the filth my city has to offer. emoji3526.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

The airport may be world class but people are the same.

Last year I was there and I stepped into the stall only to see a huge yellow puddle on the floor.

It was disgusting.

Same thing( piss on the floor) at Delhi airport a few months back. What was disgusting was that there was an Indian style toilet too which no one seemed to be using. That toilet had a clear drawing of an Indian toilet on the door.

Edited by beetle

10 minutes ago, beetle said:

Same thing at Delhi airport a few months back. What was disgusting was that there was an Indian style toilet too which no one seemed to be using. That toilet had a clear drawing of an Indian toilet on the door.

How is Indian style toilet disgusting?

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

How is Indian style toilet disgusting?

:facepalm::wall:

Read again.

It is disgusting that people piss on the floor of a western style toilet even when an Indian style toilet is available....where they can piss the way they like .

Edited by beetle

7 hours ago, dial_100 said:

Aesthetics, cleanliness, neatness etc is rich man's taste. Poor, or poor middle class is stressed out for his next meal or how he is going to celebrate next festival with limited resources he has at his disposal. For such a person, your social parameters are of no significance. As they get above the basic problems, some part will improve on this front but until then do not blame them. Bring them up on the economic scale rather than judging them.

Do you bloddy know that super rich guy is judging you and I that how we lead filthy lives (middle/higher middle class). Its a class problem.

Partly class problem ....but mostly a problem of priority.

People have been making pakka houses and going in the fields in a large part of the country.

A toilet should be planned before planning a kitchen.

People throwing garbage around the dustbin is not a class problem.

We can bury our head in the sand but we as a people do not have the best civic sense.

Edited by beetle

9 hours ago, dial_100 said:

$ can make one sophisticated but that is no excuse for such animal like behavior .... Most of these guys don't urinate on the walls of their homes or religious places. Therefore, they realize what to do where 

This appears to be some kind of a mental problem (as I have seen the Toronto consulate smelling like urine too for e.g., and can give more such examples). Animals such as dogs naturally urinate on a bush or tire. We don't do that. Many of these guys act like animals w/o giving any consideration to civic duties and responsibility

Being poor is not criminal. You can be poor and still respect your community and environment. Also Ind has only itself to blame for the mess it is in having increased its population w/o considering resources and environmental burden

Edited by zen

there are several under bridges in Chennai outside every EMU/Suburban station.

They build it fresh - after opening in the next few weeks there will be gawkers and fruit sellers in the side - police will come and try to displace them - then take mamool ( usual) and let them stay, eventually the whole place will turn to ****. 

There is no planning to make the sidewalks into a stripmall etc - the municipalities do not have enough money to build big underground units.

This is a common sight. Chennai is a poor city, meaning lack of money to do right.  This is not surprising at all. 

9 hours ago, dial_100 said:

you are assuming that the higher middle class or the rich are any better , they are not . 

If you take pan ( or paan ) , you have to spit somewhere .

off-topic..

i use to take sweet paan  and swallow whole .

once i took zarda paan for a change and swallowed a bit like sweet paan , got some bad effect and my brain  started spinning .

Just now, velu said:

If you take pan ( or paan ) , you have to spit somewhere .

off-topic..

i use to take sweet paan  and swallow whole .

once i took zarda paan for a change and swallowed a bit like sweet paan , got some bad effect and my brain  started spinning .

I love sweet pan and I eat the whole thing.

The govt should increase tax on chewing tobacco and zarda a hundred times and call it cleaning your filth tax.

2 hours ago, zen said:

$ can make one sophisticated but that is no excuse for such animal like behavior .... Most of these guys don't urinate on the walls of their homes or religious places. Therefore, they realize what to do where 

This appears to be some kind of a mental problem (as I have seen the Toronto consulate smelling like urine too for e.g., and can give more such examples). Animals such as dogs naturally urinate on a bush or tire. We don't do that. Many of these guys act like animals w/o giving any consideration to civic duties and responsibility

Being poor is not criminal. You can be poor and still respect your community and environment. Also Ind has only itself to blame for the mess it is in having increased its population w/o considering resources and environmental burden

Urinating could also be a public health safety issue. They should criminalize it and there is no argument there. 

51 minutes ago, beetle said:

I love sweet pan and I eat the whole thing.

The govt should increase tax on chewing tobacco and zarda a hundred times and call it cleaning your filth tax.

Here is another way to control spitting pan/gutka in public places. Use social media to defame those idiots. No body is supporting that. I was stating that to keep these social mannerism is more established urge among educated class. Such changes dont occur in a day or 2. Do you realize that we got our freedom 70 years ago and i have seen Swacchata abhiyan taking momentum for the first time in my life. If citizens start explaining the others with love and concern, to obey these mannerism to make our country better then it will work out.

Again, dont bring in urinating and pan/gutka here in the discussion. Those need to be dealt with different measures besides being disgusting to discuss about. I think this will require change in overall mindset.