Akash Chopras all time India ODI XI (including Bumrah)

Sooda

Dynamic (will change) 11: 

Sachin

Rohit

Kohli

Sehwag

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Srinath

Zak

Kuldeep

Bumrah 

* Sehwag and Yuvi serve as 2nd/3rd spin options and bowl the 6th bowler overs (if required) 

* In future likes of Shaw,  Pant, etc., could be contenders for spot in the 11 

* Ganguly, Kumble, etc., would be in the squad 

1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

Sehwag

Dhawan

Kohli

Yuvraj

mSD (c)

Raina

Kapil

Bhajji / jadejq / pathan - ddepends on pitch

Zkumble

Zak

Srinath

India's best players all time in this format are Kohli and MSD. You want Kohli to come in and have time to play himself in. That's why I've gone for unselfish attacking openers instead of tuk tuk Sachin and Rohit.

Also good balance of left and right hand and yuvi, seheag, Raina can give you some overs

What? I can only think of one top order batsman, Jayasuriya, in the 90s who had a better strike rate than Sachin. Even him averages in low 30s whereas Sachin averages in high 40s. All else would have a strike rate in the range of 70-75. If Sachin was tuk tuk, wonder what you call others. 

12 hours ago, kosingh said:

Devang Gandhi

Sujith Somsunder

Pankaj Dharmani

Jatin Paranjape

Atul Bedade

Vijay Dahiya (wk)

Stuart Binny

Ritender Singh Sodhi

Ashish Kapoor

Rahul Sanghvi

Subroto Banerjee

wonderful memories brought back, reserves can be Vijay Bharadwaj, Doda Ganesh and Noel David

Its blasphemous that MSK Prasad is not the 1st choice WK:whack: 

According to positions :

Sachin

Ganguly 

Virat 

Dravid

Yuvi

Msd 

Kapil 

Kumble

Zaheer

Srinath 

Kuldeep/bhajji

Without considering batting positions :

Sachin 

ganguly

rohit

virat

yuvi

msd 

dhawan

dravid 

kapil

zaheeer 

kumble. 

Tbh you cant compare players from 90s and early 2000s to the current era .odi game has changed vastly and rules have been modified to be a more batsmen friendly game .

Opening has become easy and players are easily averaging above 37 and striking at 90 .so tbh a dhawan or rohit of today can't be compared to an opener like ganguly 

On 10/17/2018 at 6:56 AM, rkt.india said:

SRT

Rohit

GG

Kohli

Yuvraj

Dhoni

Kapil

Harbhajan

Kumble

Zaheer

Srinath

I agree with this. GG and Kohli were great at 3 and 4 as a combo, GG gets overlooked a bit but he played some great LOI knocks- key figure in some major wins for India

On Wed Oct 17 2018 at 10:20 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1.Sachin

2. Dhawan/sehwag (even though sehwag was an underachiever still an X-factor is always tempting)

3.Kohli 

4.Yuvraj

5.Dhoni 

6.Ajay Jadeja/Irfan/Hardik /dravid 

7.Kapil Dev

8. Kumble

9. Zak

10. Bumrah 

11. Srinath/bhajji/sir jadeja/kuldeep

2 slots for me are opposition n situation dependant, will always prefer to be flexbile 

Player who were tough to Drop- Rohit n GG

Irfan & pandya at 6 number

2 minutes ago, kohli said:

Irfan & pandya at 6 number

yup condition based hai 

In subcontinet , Yuvraj n dhoni are to good to bat to low .....and the top order is so good that most days the lower order wnt get to bat

All i need is power in lower attack to take score to diff level and pandya can destroy spinners and irfan was really good with bat .....he did well at 3 few times and cud have batted anywere in subcontinet acc to me 

In better condition may b ill go with ajay jadeja or dravid

I wud always like to have 2-3 slots open for flexible options 

8 hours ago, Sooda said:

I agree with this. GG and Kohli were great at 3 and 4 as a combo, GG gets overlooked a bit but he played some great LOI knocks- key figure in some major wins for India

Rohit's place is debatable. Dhawan is a contender as well due to his great record in big tourneys but Rohit's penchant of decimating attacks keeps him in the competition.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:34 AM, Rightarmfast said:

Blasphemy to not have Javagal Srinath in the team. He was the best fast bowler to play ODI for India.

If Srinath was playing ODIs today his econ would have been over 6. Ajit Agarkar has similar stats plus agarkar was a better batsman and fielder than Srinath why not include him ? If Bumrah would have been bowling in Srinaths era he would be walking away with 3-4 maidens per match. 

9 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If Srinath was playing ODIs today his econ would have been over 6. Ajit Agarkar has similar stats plus agarkar was a better batsman and fielder than Srinath why not include him ? If Bumrah would have been bowling in Srinaths era he would be walking away with 3-4 maidens per match. 

You can read all my comments in ICF from the day I joined, I have never compared, put down anyone on the basis of era. Its not only hypothetical, its juvenile to say a bowler of 90's wouldnt have survived in this era. I hope you did watch 90's cricket. Srinath was amongst the top 10 bowlers in 90's in ODI's, not very far from Akram's, Waqar's and the ilk. To just make an uninformed comment like that is whataboutery. 

He bowled against the likes of Anwar, Jayasurya, Afridi and the likes. What makes you believe he wouldnt survive against the lesser batsmen today?

16 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

You can read all my comments in ICF from the day I joined, I have never compared, put down anyone on the basis of era. Its not only hypothetical, its juvenile to say a bowler of 90's wouldnt have survived in this era. I hope you did watch 90's cricket. Srinath was amongst the top 10 bowlers in 90's in ODI's, not very far from Akram's, Waqar's and the ilk. To just make an uninformed comment like that is whataboutery. 

He bowled against the likes of Anwar, Jayasurya, Afridi and the likes. What makes you believe he wouldnt survive against the lesser batsmen today?

why do you think batsman today are lesser?