What’s the point of Ravindra Jadeja in LOIs?

SecondSlip

5 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

It’s really baffling. 

He's a bad bowler and a bad batsman.

I cant recall even one match winning knock that he’s ever played in white ball cricket. The guy barely takes wickets even if his life depended on it and is usually expensive as well. 

Why is he always in the scheme of things in LOIs?

Kohli has this habit of bringing TTFs back. 

I guess pandya getting injured helped his case. 

18 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Kohli has this habit of bringing TTFs back. 

I guess pandya getting injured helped his case. 

Are you going to give Kohli credit if Jadeja delivers a m.o.m performance in one of the upcoming games?

Anyways Kohli-Dhoni-Shastri the axis of evil is what has been screwing us. Yes we are a top team in all formats but despite having the best batsman in the world, best LOI openers in the world, the best bowling attack in the world- pace and spin we are no where even close to the Aussie and WI levels which we should have been.

These 3 need to be blamed:

6 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Yaar we should stop blaming dhoni alone here, wtf is virat doing??, how on earth can anybody be so dumb, clueless and cowardly in identifying and selecting quality potentials?? Even the guy with meager amount of intelligence wouldn't select hack like jadeja over somebody like krunal,gowtham or even that anukul Roy. Cringe!!!

We are blaming Dhoni because he gets credit for the victories and team selections too.

But regardless of that either ways  Kohli is the bigger culprit if these are his decisions or if he is letting Dhoni walk all over him.

In Asian conditions I would play Jadeja every time. He is actually a very underrated cricketer. He is a decent lower order bat and good spinner in these conditions. And if its a slow track where ball grips  his bowling gets deadly. He is also a very accurate wicket to wicket spinner unlike that spray gun Ashwin. But the main reason I want Jadeja in the team is due to his ATG fielding. I have lost count how many times he has scored those crucial run outs to change the game on its head. He lifts the entire team with his fielding alone. I actually consider Jadeja as an asset due to his all round abilities.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

We are blaming Dhoni because he gets credit for the victories and team selections too.

But regardless of that either ways  Kohli is the bigger culprit if these are his decisions or if he is letting Dhoni walk all over him.

Baba ji aankhen kholo....no one giving credit to Dhoni for victories. We all praised Rohit for our brilliance in Asia cup. The only time we praised Dhoni when he asked Rohit to take that DRS review which got Imam Ul Haq out. He deserved that.

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

In Asian conditions I would play Jadeja every time. He is actually a very underrated cricketer. He is a decent lower order bat and good spinner in these conditions. And if its a slow track where ball grips  his bowling gets deadly. He is also a very accurate wicket to wicket spinner unlike that spray gun Ashwin. But the main reason I want Jadeja in the team is due to his ATG fielding. I have lost count how many times he has scored those crucial run outs to change the game on its head. He lifts the entire team with his fielding alone. I actually consider Jadeja as an asset due to his all round abilities.

asset :lol:, he is just an ass in this format

20 hours ago, speedheat said:

Yaar we should stop blaming dhoni alone here, wtf is virat doing??, how on earth can anybody be so dumb, clueless and cowardly in identifying and selecting quality potentials?? Even the guy with meager amount of intelligence wouldn't select hack like jadeja over somebody like krunal,gowtham or even that anukul Roy. Cringe!!!

Kunal is a hack too and inferior bowler to JADEJA ability wise. JADEJA fails clutch moments and will keep failing forever in ODIs. He is a kind of player who has limited abilities and will be in its glory forever. While Kunal is a player who may punch above his weight and manage to be a clutch batsman down the order. He may or may not be long term (depends on how he grows as a bowler and batsman) aspect but they should have really tried him before upcoming WC.