KL is striking the ball well

zen

KL is showing some good signs. It was at B'luru but you could see the confidence 

India invested heavily in Rohit-Dhawan-Rayudu for the WC, but they do not appear to be playing optimally. While guys like KL are appearing to play well. Ind has to keep its options open.  As mentioned before, PPs for Ind are a huge issue on batting friendly tracks 

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

He would be ex-factor in World Cup, but the guys should be treated like main opening batsman, not back up opener where he plays one match and sits out for whole series. Give him next 5 ODI matches against Australia and see how he does, and if he does really well (SR>100, Average >40), get him that opening slot. Dhawan or Sharma can move down. 

Can Ind win with Rohit (poor record in ICC events vs major teams), Dhawan (not playing optimally atm), Dhoni, Rayudu (expected to be inconsistent),  etc.? :hmmmm:

6 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Rohit played with strike rate of 120 in 3rd t20 vs NZ and @zen is like behind him since then and what about dhawan's 14 of 24 ball on pitch were 200+ are easily scored? or performance in wc only matters for dhawan others not?

Dhawan and Tuktuk Sharma both should not be in T20s. Youngsters (or relative youngsters) should be promoted ....  I have said open with KL-Pant on the match thread itself .... In ODIs, Dhawan starts with a higher SR and has a good record in ICC events (In fact the best by any Ind batsman) so will prefer him initially over Tuktuk Sharma .... in this T20, Dhawan looked out of touch. Could not even put bad balls away iirc 

PS also read the OP of the this thread 

Edited by zen
4 minutes ago, zen said:

Dhawan and Tuktuk Sharma both should not be in T20s. Youngsters (or relative youngsters) should be promoted ....  I have said open with KL-Pant on the match thread itself .... In ODIs, Dhawan starts with a higher SR and has a good record in ICC events (In fact the best by any Ind batsman) so will prefer him initially over Tuktuk Sharma .... in this T20, Dhawan looked out of touch. Could not even put bad balls away iirc 

PS also read the OP of the this thread 

I agree both don't need to be in t20 but if anyone has to go first then it has to be dhawan. Tuk tuk can win you matches on his day atleast.

I say take Rahul to the World Cup. We should.  

His ego has been hurt big time after his continuous failures and the with Koffee Karan incident. We all know he can still perform after all those failures.

When someone's ego is hurt, they more or like come out with vengeance and looking for redemption. He will perform better now. 

He will come out scoring big in the World Cup. Take him to England. 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

His ego has been hurt big time after his continuous failures and the with Koffee Karan incident. We all know he can still perform after all those failures.

When someone's ego is hurt, they more or like come out with vengeance and looking for redemption. He will perform better now. 

Even if he goes, he'd warming the bench as the reserve opener.

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

i bet you can get rahuls wicket in 2/3 balls with your 120kmph dibbly dobblies in england :phehe:

9 hours ago, Sooda said:

Have said for months that India's  top 4 should be Rohit, Shikar, Rahul, Virat

I think the way Rahul bats he can't consoidate but he can play aggressor role so opening or first down is the only places where he can play not below that. In addition odi and t20 is suited format for him as he can play his natural game which is aggressive, quite unfortunate that being haled as one of the true potential for test cricket turned out to be next rohit sharma, and for this also he has to perform really well from here.

10 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I think the way Rahul bats he can't consoidate but he can play aggressor role so opening or first down is the only places where he can play not below that. In addition odi and t20 is suited format for him as he can play his natural game which is aggressive, quite unfortunate that being haled as one of the true potential for test cricket turned out to be next rohit sharma, and for this also he has to perform really well from here.

rohit sharma is baap of ODI cricket .. rahul good for only T20s , like DK bose