World Cup 2019: ‘You should have got out’ - Yograj Singh blames MS Dhoni for India’s loss to New Zealand

Did he read my comments here? I made the same observation in the league stages only that it’s not about Dhoni, he needs to think about his partner too on whom he puts immense pressure by tuktuking... Invariably they get out in order to up the runrate while Dhoni happily keeps on taking singles or plays dot balls, deny singles or generally hog the strike by wasting atleast 3 deliveries of an over.

Later I realised that Dhoni does it on purpose to get his partners out so that he can play with the tailenders, hog the strike, deny singles and go for glory shots. Only to keep himself in limelight or to seek attention. There are lots of positives playing with tailenders... public (fans & haters) completely depends on you... If tailenders gets out, you don’t get the blame or if you get out, just fake sad face so that fans, suckers and PR team propagate theory of nobody giving support to him, him fighting alone as all others perished playing shots against the team cause etc... This is classic IPL like CSK batting but unfortunately for Dhoni now it doesn’t works in IPL nor in international matches... 

To avoid this situation team management decided to give as less batting to him as possible, try to finish the game before he comes to bat... They succeeded in some of the matches...

Edited by asterix
41 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Gets really nasty towards the end but otherwise another hilarious interview :hysterical:.

He is a real loose cannon, which is why I don't rate him that highly. I think he calls a spade a spade more often than typical BCCI chamchas but he has his own agenda and no sense of moderation. Much as I dislike Bewda, calling him these kind of names is not acceptable from a former cricketer who is expected to be professional

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

He is a real loose cannon, which is why I don't rate him that highly. I think he calls a spade a spade more often than typical BCCI chamchas but he has his own agenda and no sense of moderation. Much as I dislike Bewda, calling him these kind of names is not acceptable from a former cricketer who is expected to be professional

Of course man. He's basically the Sarfraz Nawaz of Indian cricket when it comes to being a loose cannon in the media. Btw he lets off Bewda with a slap on the wrist in comparison to what he says about Dhoni at the end though. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Of course man. He's basically the Sarfraz Nawaz of Indian cricket when it comes to being a loose cannon in the media. Btw he lets off Bewda with a slap on the wrist in comparison to what he says about Dhoni at the end though. 

yeah, good analogy.

3 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Take the emotion out, what he says makes sense. That's what Dhoni did.

What he said is exactly what I’ve said here long back that Dhoni deliberately gets his partners out so that he alone can bat with tailenders. He also wants to play T20 WC to ensure that India doesn’t wins it... He doesn’t wants any other captain to win WCs till he’s there in Indian Cricket...

Jab v mai dhoni ko khelte dekhta gun to kohli ko laat maarne ka man karta hai. Saley baap ki jagir samajhtey hai "people should not criticize dhoni let the man play"  bc jab tak kohli , dhoni team me hai we ll not anything meaningful, as someone said dhoni doesn't care about any wc victory as it ll reduce his legacy and kohli is such an idiot that he thinks dhoni ll help him win one .

It was a bit funny to listen to his Punjabi accent while ranting- Ch'naai Supar Kings.... B'raat mein gay the?.....J'lebian tal rahe the?

But he's a seriously disturbed, vicious and nasty man.  This isn't about justice to him, it's about how his son was allegedly treated unfairly.  And to say that whoever treated him or his family unfairly in the past themselves went on to suffer (they did not have children, or died or had cancer) and to them bring Dhoni into that conversation, well that's some serious $hit.

Also his cricketing analysis sucks donkey ballz.  To claim that Dhoni was good enough to have won us that semi against NZ and that he lost it deliberately, has this guy not seen how badly Dhoni has been playing, that thala has lost it a while ago?

I won't be watching any commentary from this man.  He sucks as an analyst, he's a disturbed and vicious human being with a one track agenda that is undermined by how own attempts to defend it.

My hats off to Yuvi though.  I now understand so much about his relationship with his father, stuff that was hinted at earlier.

Edited by NameGoesHere
16 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

It was a bit funny to listen to his Punjabi accent while ranting- Ch'naai Supar Kings.... B'raat mein gay the?.....J'lebian tal rahe the?

But he's a seriously disturbed, vicious and nasty man.  This isn't about justice to him, it's about how his son was allegedly treated unfairly.  And to say that whoever treated him or his family unfairly in the past themselves went on to suffer (they did not have children, or died or had cancer) and to them bring Dhoni into that conversation, well that's some serious $hit.

Also his cricketing analysis sucks donkey ballz.  To claim that Dhoni was good enough to have won us that semi against NZ and that he lost it deliberately, has this guy not seen how badly Dhoni has been playing, that thala has lost it a while ago?

I won't be watching any commentary from this man.  He sucks as an analyst, he's a disturbed and vicious human being with a one track agenda that is undermined by how own attempts to defend it.

My hats off to Yuvi though.  I now understand so much about his relationship with his father, stuff that was hinted at earlier.

The man has some serious baggage right from childhood. From what I read years ago in an interview with him, his dad was 70 when he was born. So he must have lost his father at an early age and also, must have suffered from neglect/lack of attention having been born so late. Both he and Kapil Dev were trainees of Desh Prem Azad but only the latter went on to make it big.

In Kapil's autobiography, I read that Yograj used to have a competitive streak and a junoon to be better than anyone else. If Kapil ran 10 laps, Yograj used to run 20. Whatever Kapil used to do, Yograj used to do twice the amount. With this excessive zeal and over exertion, he suffered a burn out and was out of reckoning as a cricketer. Then, to make up for what he lost out on, he turned his son into a cricketer from a very early age and pushed him very, very hard like how typical parents push their kids for IIT coaching these days. Naturally, Yuvi was not happy about this and though he excelled at cricket, he kinda hated it. This is very similar to Andre Agassi's case. Andre had an overbearing father who pushed him to practice tennis at a very young age. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

The man has some serious baggage right from childhood. From what I read years ago in an interview with him, his dad was 70 when he was born. So he must have lost his father at an early age and also, must have suffered from neglect/lack of attention having been born so late. Both he and Kapil Dev were trainees of Desh Prem Azad but only the latter went on to make it big.

In Kapil's autobiography, I read that Yograj used to have a competitive streak and a junoon to be better than anyone else. If Kapil ran 10 laps, Yograj used to run 20. Whatever Kapil used to do, Yograj used to do twice the amount. With this excessive zeal and over exertion, he suffered a burn out and was out of reckoning as a cricketer. Then, to make up for what he lost out on, he turned his son into a cricketer from a very early age and pushed him very, very hard like how typical parents push their kids for IIT coaching these days. Naturally, Yuvi was not happy about this and though he excelled at cricket, he kinda hated it. This is very similar to Andre Agassi's case. Andre had an overbearing father who pushed him to practice tennis at a very young age. 

I remember reading a long time ago that he was also furious at his non selection for the national team and blamed several people at that time.

He then seems to have sublimated his own ambition into Yuvi, and also seems like a massively overbearing father (Yuvi has hinted at that many times).

All in all an unpleasant man, best ignored.   

2 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

He was extremely abusive to UV when he was younger.

Also heard this was the reason his marriage ended.