velu

Chandrayan moon landing live updates [ 06 - Sep - 2019 ] !!!

Orbiter is still working & sending data from moon, soft landing part didn't go as per plan. 8 payloads are still in the orbiter which is a positive sign. Scientists worked extremely hard for this entire journey of 3.844 lakh kms which haven't been done before by ISRO. Lot of learnings from this mission which would be useful in Chandrayaan-3.
Now waiting for official statement from ISRO.

Just now, coffee_rules said:

A lot of Indian libs celebrating,  This lodu is a Science and Technology minister of Pak. Aukat aur haisiyat dekh iski. Wonder why Pakistani need a Science ministry. :hehe:

Its like a donkey celebrating the defeat of a horse in a derby. This potato who is Science & Technology minister is even calling it as electronic vehicles. :laugh:

29 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

A lot of Indian libs celebrating,  This lodu is a Science and Technology minister of Pak. Aukat aur haisiyat dekh iski. Wonder why Pakistani need a Science ministry. :hehe:

Is he really science and technology minister of a nation? 

Its not all over. 

Com with vikram lost 2 km above one of the engines was showing 100 thrust and one off meaning vikram tumbled and tried to stabilize dis it succeed but lost com ability.  Wonder if chandrayan can look at the site next rendezvous at orbit point.

3 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Sheer waste of money. This moon **** was done in 1969. Why not trying something new and furthermost why not look at other humanitarian issues rather than this such as poverty and unemployment?

there is budget for everything and this is not waste of money. Moon its not moon moon sen to be done in 1969. Isro budget is often less than hollywood movies. Mods pls take note of concern trolling here. @beetle

26 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Sheer waste of money. This moon **** was done in 1969. Why not trying something new and furthermost why not look at other humanitarian issues rather than this such as poverty and unemployment?

Because you fool, we are not doing this for glory but for knowledge. We are the only ones to get extensive data from polar regions of the moon. Everyone else has gone to the equatorial regions. So us going there helps humanity figure out if the moon composition is global or regional for it. 

52 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

The moon  lander was only part of the mission, the moon orbiter is still functional, will relay data, pics for more than a year. Keep your gyaan to social sciences and don't make an effort to understand science.

4 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

This is beyond your scope of understanding kid.

5 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

You are a shining example of a dolt, aren’t you? Isn’t it shocking that as the only known most intelligent living species in the solar system, we have not even conquered deep space human exploration beyond Moon which was 50 years back. Exploration is our DNA. We have been doing it for centuries. The day we stop doing that, we die. Even we take care of this planet (which obviously we are not doing a good job), Earth is one meteor/asteroid collision from being gone. 

Edited by Audiophile

Folks please don't post tweets of liberandus and enemies here, no need to pollute this thread with all that filth...let us keep this one exclusively about updates as is the thread title. Pretty sure we have other dedicated threads to expose those frauds and neech log, better use them instead. 

This shows how difficult space travel is, let alone landing a craft on a alien surface. No need to lose heart ISRO! You learn from mistakes, make corrections and try again. As someone who is working in this field, I wish ISRO all the best and hope the Indian Government continue to back the agency and keep funding space exploration. It is In our DNA to explore.

Jai Hind!

Edited by Audiophile

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

If this guy is really a minister, that too science and technology, it demonstrates how infantile padosi land thinking is. I guarantee you no one at NASA or ESA is celebrating this failure. We all grieve together as one space exploration community.

What else can you expect from a failed country whose PM rubs lentils on his groin!  :facepalm:

Edited by Audiophile

5 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

You are mixing too many things into one .

Everything beside landing went fine. We will get the landing right next time. 

While it didnt end the way we all wanted, I am sure i am not alone when i write the entire journey for past 5-6 weeks has been  enjoyable and almost everyone around me were personally invested. Look forward to next journey which i presume will happen soon. 

9 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Everything beside landing went fine. We will get the landing right next time. 

While it didnt end the way we all wanted, I am sure i am not alone when i write the entire journey for past 5-6 weeks has been  enjoyable and almost everyone around me were personally invested. Look forward to next journey which i presume will happen soon. 

Everything that could be simulated went fine.  Wonder how the Chinese did the rough stabilization to fine switch.. Apparently  4 engines that had to work in unison worked fine the phase were two of them had to takeover to fine stabilize did not work as expected. It was traveling at 10 meters per second so vikram might have landed but critically damaged or coms damaged Lets hope for a miracle.

:giggle:

This is like dogs barking at a lion's failed hunt. 

India might have failed the moon landing but Pakistanis are winning the Twitter. [emoji849]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hold your head high ISRO. Better luck next time. Failure is a stepping stone for success. Most of the first NASA missions failed as did Soviet missions. Abdul Kalam mentioned how his first mission was a failure and how his mentor gave him encouragement. ISRO scientists must take that as example and succeed next time. Jai Hind :isalute:

Outstanding gesture by Modi, no wonder most Indians adore him so much. He represented 1.3 billion Indians that moment, proud of the team, proud of ISRO Chief Sivan who rose from humble origins (first graduate in his family, son of a farmer) to lead such a great organization. Incredible India indeed. 

Edited by Gollum

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Don't wanna take this on a tangent but I will :p: Can you imagine Pant and Kohli/Dhoni having a similar relationship as Satish and APJAK. When Pant doesn't perform well, Kohli blasts him and Dhoni is missing in the news. When Pant performs, Kohli claims he "backed" him and Dhoni claims he gave "advice" :cantstop:

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Don't wanna take this on a tangent but I will :p: Can you imagine Pant and Kohli/Dhoni having a similar relationship as Satish and APJAK. When Pant doesn't perform well, Kohli blasts him and Dhoni is missing in the news. When Pant performs, Kohli claims he "backed" him and Dhoni claims he gave "advice" :cantstop:

Kohli and Dhoni represent how not to mentor. 

Space exploration is an extremely tough task & those who work on these projects know it very well. There is a reason why even old foes like US & USSR worked together in the past & still want to continue their relationship in this field. Even scientists from other space agencies have lauded, encouraged each other for a healthy competition for greater good. It was good to see reactions from Neil deGrasse Tyson, former NASA astronaut Jerry Linenger lauding the efforts of ISRO.

Every project and every sub task within a project fails and fails again. When testing is through all failures are remedied or issues are mitigated. This one problem didnt fail enough during testing and that is part of the game. Science is nothing but experiments. With such complex routines to perform, it is no surprise something didnt work as expected.

I am glad we failed. We mostly certainly learnt. Problem is when science is demoralized after failure. Joh log apni rotia sekh rahe hai aaj unko bhot troll kiya jayega. All unnecessary but thats the way things are. 

Btw, I dont have twitter, FB, IG or whatever other crap we have called SM. I regret having WA as well but its needed.

What are we doing on moon? What is there for us? It's nothing but desperate attempt to win international attention.

I don't go by the opinions of liberals or Pakistanis in this thread, but consider this - in a nation where unemployment is huge and the economy is not robust yet, why should we go for space missions? Russia and US went to space for strictly military reasons, Russia quit space exploration after it's collapse but US carried on with a strong economy. What is India's end goal when it comes to going to the moon? 

It pisses me off that the nation has not fully understood it's priorities.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

What are we doing on moon? What is there for us? It's nothing but desperate attempt to win international attention.

I don't go by the opinions of liberals or Pakistanis in this thread, but consider this - in a nation where unemployment is huge and the economy is not robust yet, why should we go for space missions? Russia and US went to space for strictly military reasons, Russia quit space exploration after it's collapse but US carried on with a strong economy. What is India's end goal when it comes to going to the moon? 

This is a nonsense argument. Steeped in western hypocrisy. America went to the moon when millions of Afro Americans were living in abject poverty. And still do. Soviets went when soviet citizens were dirt poor. So why this double standard for India ?? Who ever brings up the 100s of millions of Chinese who live on 200 dollars a year when China goes for these projects ??

And the hypocrisy is even stark when the fact that ISRO MAKES AN OVERALL PROFIT FROM COMMERCIAL LAUNCH AND IS THE ONLY SPACE AGENCY IN THE WORLD TO TURN IN A PROFIT !!!

This is nothing more than advertisement for a thriving and profitable industry. Asking Why ISRO goes to the moon is akin to asking why Boeing spends millions in advertisement 

On 9/7/2019 at 4:35 PM, MechEng said:

For you , as long as a company is making profit in all it's products, it needn't invest in R&D,. Israel has a huge issue with Palestines, but still tried moon landing before India. How about it inspiring scores of kids to develop a scientific acumen and not grow up as a bunch of degenerates.  India unlike US is not going to moon in dick measuring contest with Russia.

Edited by coffee_rules