RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

Suhaan

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Chahar and Bhuvi cannot bat , Bhuvi can just hold his own.I would not call him a batsman for T20s.

chahar can hit ...has played useful knocks in domestic n 1-2 times in IPL.

https://www.iplt20.com/video/141823/deepak-chahar-s-surprise-package-of-39-20-

This wasnt an easy pitch to bat

Bhuvi batting has gotten better in last 1-2 years....he played some good ODI cameos 

neways wanting batting till 8-9 is too much , already someone like iyer isnt getting to many balls to face

If TM wants to play jadeja at 8 for his bowling ill say rather go for gowtham 

Unless Sundar can hit from ball one, I don't see the reason why he is included in the team.

I doubt but there has been improvement in his batting in last 1 year . No can do what hardik can ....now it remains to be seen who is 2nd best all rounder Sundar or Dube 

If dube batting comes off sundar wont play , Sundar position wud now depend on how dube plays 

He to me is not good enough bowler.

I doubt they ll consider him only for bowling, if so ill go for ashwin

But as 5th n 6th bowler sundar is a great choice 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

chahar can hit ...has played useful knocks in domestic n 1-2 times in IPL.

https://www.iplt20.com/video/141823/deepak-chahar-s-surprise-package-of-39-20-

This wasnt an easy pitch to bat

Bhuvi batting has gotten better in last 1-2 years....he played some good ODI cameos 

neways wanting batting till 8-9 is too much , already someone like iyer isnt getting to many balls to face

If TM wants to play jadeja at 8 for his bowling ill say rather go for gowtham 

I doubt but there has been improvement in his batting in last 1 year . No can do what hardik can ....now it remains to be seen who is 2nd best all rounder Sundar or Dube 

If dube batting comes off sundar wont play , Sundar position wud now depend on how dube plays 

I doubt they ll consider him only for bowling, if so ill go for ashwin

But as 5th n 6th bowler sundar is a great choice 

Batting in odi and t20s is totally different.Bhuvi is useless in t20s.You don't select bowlers in t20s for their batting.

Hardik himself is unkown yet , India needs five solid bowlers who are wicket takers plus  Hardik.Unless these guys can hit from ball one they to me are useless.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Batting in odi and t20s is totally different.Bhuvi is useless in t20s.You don't select bowlers in t20s for their batting.

They both can play for their bowling only

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Hardik himself is unkown yet , India needs five solid bowlers who are wicket takers plus  Hardik.Unless these guys can hit from ball one they to me are useless.

what do u mean by unknown ?

If u hve declared all of them useless whom do u wanna play.

Its not easy to hit from ball 1 , the ones who can do are questioned for consistency. If even kohli n rohit are asked to hit form ball 1 their career wud be in shambless

The only guys in India who can do it currently do power hitter role 

Pandya- unknown for u

DK - Has to come in as keeper

SKY- lacks 2nd skill

Dube- in testing phase

Pant- when he goes n tries to hit from ball 1 n fails people question 

jadhav- failure in t20

Raina- done unless a miracle happens

kishen- i find his batting inferior to pant

Rest can play cameos once in a while but not the proper role. So these are the option n u have to play round them....also dont expect consistency from hitter....neither pollard, maxwell, russell are

Read that umpiring was very poor in the Karnataka-TN match, esp in KAR's 1st innings...some 4-5 dismissals off the bowling of Ashwin not given on day 1 including 2 catches by Vijay. Ugly scenes in the dressing room post-match. Not good, our domestic umpiring has always been a joke.  

Edited by Gollum
7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Read that umpiring was very poor in the Karnataka-TN match, esp in KAR's 1st innings...some 4-5 dismissals off the bowling of Ashwin not given on day 1 including 2 catches by Vijay. Ugly scenes in the dressing room post-match. Not good, our domestic umpiring has always been a joke.  

Kartik seems to have lost his cool... had a go at karun nair after the match 

Some epic show from Gowtham.

Someone posted video of the last wicket and the batsman actualy went for a sweep in the last over when he was given LBW. 9th wicket also they were trying to hit it out to win. Some stupid batting out there.

Such contests are great for Ranji's profile and makes it stronger and competitive.

Washington Sundar returns for Tamil Nadu

Washington Sundar, after being a part of all three games in India's 2-1 T20I series win over West Indies, has returned to link up with Tamil Nadu for their next Ranji Trophy game, against Himachal Pradesh in Dindigul, from December 17.

Umesh Yadav returns for Vidarbha's game against Rajasthan

Defending Champions Vidarbha will be bolstered by the return of Umesh Yadav for their upcoming fixture against Rajasthan at home. Yadav missed his side's opening match against Andhra as the India team management wanted him to take a break following his heavy workload across four Tests against South Africa and Bangladesh. But Vidarbha will have his services for the next game, and possibly the one after against Punjab at home as well.

"He was rested for the first match because of the heavy schedule [as decided by the India team management], but we have him for the second match," a Vidarbha Cricket Association official told ESPNcricinfo. We will decide on him match by match, but we are hoping to have him for the next two matches too, because those are also at home."

Umesh was the highest wicket-taker in the home Tests this season, with 23 strikes, that despite missing a Test.

Link -https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28215923/washington-sundar-returns-tamil-nadu