Parthiv Patel in third test?

kosingh

18 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well little pleasures apart of watching pappu make a beautiful 30 and throw it away, brace yourself for some mediocre keeping that will make us miss Saha like he was a 2nd coming of Healy....selectors and kumble/kohli might just hug and never let go of Saha again after watching pappu keep

Seems to be the ploy.

So here's the deal:

Selectors don't want to take a "chance" with Pant because they don't know what to expect from his keeping.

But they know and have seen how poor a keeper Parthiv is and how he has cost us games in the past. He also brings little returns in the form of runs scored (similar to Saha).

So, instead of gambling on the unknown, they decided to pitch for the known failure. At least they know what they are getting, so what if it is a failure. This kind of dumb rationale that they have used in Gambhir's case earlier and now Parthiv's makes me feel this is the worst selection panel we have had in decades.

1 minute ago, Texan said:

So here's the deal:

Selectors don't want to take a "chance" with Pant because they don't know what to expect from his keeping.

But they know and have seen how poor a keeper Parthiv is and how he has cost us games in the past. He also brings little returns in the form of runs scored (similar to Saha).

So, instead of gambling on the unknown, they decided to pitch for the known failure. At least they know what they are getting, so what if it is a failure. This kind of dumb rationale that they have used in Gambhir's case earlier and now Parthiv's makes me feel this is the worst selection panel we have had in decades.

Given the trend...Gambhir and now Parthiv, I wonder who else will smelling a recall. Irfan Pathan is one name that comes to mind

England have baristow butler duckett and billings waiting in the wings...all young wicket keeping batsman who are exciting talents in their  own right and we have to go back to a guy who was a standby for a part time keeper dravid and couldn't make it into the team when we played 2 keepers in the X1 in dhoni and karthik and then just couldn't break through for being mediocre and most of the story I just told happened almost 12 years back and selectors couldn't find anyone better...what else can we say

22 minutes ago, diga said:

they cant blood a youngster with the series at stake..have to go for an experienced hand. Naman Ojha/Karthik/Pappu were the only 3 options and they went for the one with best FC record this season

Alright, if they wanted to go for an experienced option then maybe they should've gone for Naman Ojha. Parthiv Patel is a *ing joke of the highest order, I don't usually dislike Indian players but him I dislike due to the fact that he is the sole reason as to why we didn't win that Sydney test in 2004 and hence the Australian Series.

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

England have baristow butler duckett and billings waiting in the wings...all young wicket keeping batsman who are exciting talents in their  own right and we have to go back to a guy who was a standby for a part time keeper dravid and couldn't make it into the team when we played 2 keepers in the X1 in dhoni and karthik and then just couldn't break through for being mediocre and most of the story I just told happened almost 12 years back and selectors couldn't find anyone better...what else can we say

There is one more in Ben Foakes. They can play all 5 in their ODI team. All are good enough to make it even as batsmen.

22 minutes ago, Texan said:

So here's the deal:

Excellent post man.

I won't be surprised if these dumb cunts bring in Pathan or Yuvi in our ODI squad next time. They're hell bent on going back to the 2000's generations.