BCCI invites fresh application of Indian cricket team coach

Fire this Sridhar guy first.. get Shane Bond/Heath Streak as bowling coach, get a decent fielding coach, Kumble can be retained or let go doesnt matter....actually none of it matter....fire that Sridhar guy and then bring back Fletcher for all I care.

Bangar is the only guy worthy of being retained IMHO 

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Fire this Sridhar guy first.. get Shane Bond/Heath Streak as bowling coach, get a decent fielding coach, Kumble can be retained or let go doesnt matter....actually none of it matter....fire that Sridhar guy and then bring back Fletcher for all I care.

Bangar is the only guy worthy of being retained IMHO 

Duncs is nearly 70 and has no interest in leaving his BCCI funded retirement home.

Duncan-Fletcher.jpg

Edited by The Realist
6 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Kumble great relationship with kohli and dravid makes good decision makingbhappening . Crazy if split this up

+1..  Just from the results of the past season, there is no reason not to renew the services of Kumble..If Duncan Fletcher can get 2 extensions based on a world cup win, then Kumble deserves atleast 1 more year. If his vision doc is anything to go by, India should rule world cricket for next 10 years. 

In the professional world, the primary thing that matters is performance.

After Kumble became the coach, we have won all the 5 test series, become a dominant no.1 in test matches, won the 2 ODI series we played and the sole T20 series too.

The team is brimming with team spirit, Kohli and Kumble are gelling very well.

In short, Kumble has delivered exceptional results.

Removing Kumble would be a very very unprofessional step.... I hope the BCCI does not want to portray itself as an unprofessional body when it is at such a critical juncture.

^ Kumble is going nowhere. Its just that BCCI wont accepts salary hike request. And Kumble cant do a zilch unless CoA returns the favour.

Mind you, however good Kumble is, There is no better paying job then Team Indias coach for him.

5 hours ago, diga said:

+1..  Just from the results of the past season, there is no reason not to renew the services of Kumble..If Duncan Fletcher can get 2 extensions based on a world cup win, then Kumble deserves atleast 1 more year. If his vision doc is anything to go by, India should rule world cricket for next 10 years. 

Fletcher did not win anything apart from juicy fat contracts for doing nothing & keeping quiet. The WC win was under Kirsten.

Too many conspiracies.

Thing is it still is in the committee of Sachin Ganguly and VVS.BCCI president or secretary are nt deciding directly on the position anyway.

It's good to have a transparent process like this.South Africa are doing the same .

It's always good to see all the best possible candidates and make decision.Professional way.Hopefully this becomes the norm.

I just hope they do this same thing for bowling and fielding coach as well.

Seriously? Under Kumble, India has been doing quite well. Even bits and pieces players like Jadeja has become an outstanding bowler. I don't understand why some of you are saying that he already gets paid enough. I mean if I was doing a good job, and the results are there, why should I not ask for a raise? Certainly I bring a value to the company if the performance of the employees under me improved compared to before. 

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/anil-kumble-virat-kohli-bcci-team-india-coa-cricket/1/965502.html

Seriously???

Why all this nonsense just before CT?

Can't this wait?

Saw this coming even when I read Kumble gave a power point presentation regarding roadmap to whatever. Our egoistic players like laid back approach. They are Shupastar. Anyone having vision or trying to do something actively or bring some radical changes has to meet this fate. No wonder Fletcher was amazing according to them.Still just hoping this is a misleading article on behalf of bully BCCI and is not actually truth.