Why does Virat Kohli go out of his way to praise Pakistan and Pakistani players?

On 6/24/2017 at 3:05 PM, AmreekanDesi said:

Have been noticing it for a while now (since 2013)

He is alwaus praising them esp the fixer Amir

its unbelievable he publicly backed Amir over Rohit sharma in Asia cup (when Rohit called him ordinary and Kohli said that he's special)

Before Amirs return he was among the first cricketers to officially welcome him back

he has been chummy with Afridi before as well.

he shows more aggression in ipl towards gambhir, mumbai etc than the pakistanis. Why?

Punjabi Connection, He feels like they are his long lost cousins !

5 hours ago, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

Because he knows Gambhir, Mumbai provides him more competition than Pakistanis do.

Anyway, this isn't exclusive to Pakistan. It became most apparent to me during the 2014 World T20 final when he went up to Sangakkara to shake hands with him when he scored a 50, then saying after the match something along the lines of "maybe God wanted them to win". It's a PR move and he wants to be in all teams' fans' good graces.

Looks like he looks up to Yuvi as god so hence the adoration and support.

15 hours ago, AmreekanDesi said:

Makes a whole video to wish Eid Mubarak 

I dont mind Kohli getting a little friendly with the Pakistanis . Its a part of the game . That is why I did not care when Kohli was joking with Makil and Azhar Mehmood with YUVI after CT Finals.

However Kohli must make sure he does not lose his arrogance and the aggressiveness when playing. Thats what defines Virat Kohli.

India needs a Arrogant Kohli on the Field !!!!! 

This thread is a so funny...

You can't define how he wants to be as a person, just because he is celebrity.

Moreover, i see lots of northies like to hang out with Pakistani than southies (like Andra's, Mallu's or tamils...)

Grow-up guys..

These fellows have same punjabi accent, share same sense of humor...no wonder they gel so well...

Don't look thru magnifying glasses...He single-handedly won us games against pski's in the past...

I think we should never doubt his credibility as a players...

Off the field, it's his choice...

18 minutes ago, beetle said:

Looks like he reads icf.

Finally comes out against afritard ....although he does give him a tiny benefit of doubt.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/top-cricketers-lash-out-at-shahid-afridi-for-kashmir-tweet/articleshow/63613306.cms

Weak response. Hardly coming out against afridi

but I guess better than nothing 

"But having said that, it's a very personal choice for someone to comment about certain issues. Unless I have total knowledge of the issues and the intricacies of it I don't engage in it but definitely your priority stays with your nation," he (Kohli) added.

He summed up quite nicely here. 

Why do celebrities have to make a comment about India Issues. it has come to like if you can't show how much you love India by twitter, you are less of patriot.

As long as Kohli is not laughing with opposition after a major final loss, I am more than fine not to call out Pakistan. It is not his job to comment on any ongoing issue. 

Edited by wanted_desi
1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

such ideas are rooted in the ideals of  individuality which emanates from the west .

but we live in a very tribal region ,where people have a tendency to gang up to show their might .lets face there is only so much of individuality that is practical in such a society.

and what if ind were committing genocide, wouldn't you want influential people to then speak up or will you keep quite as a personal choice.

You cant write a sentence without cheap shots. Let us establish very clearly that Kashmir is an integral part of India. that is non negotiable.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:38 AM, cuttermaster said:

Really silly topic. Rivalry is for the field of play - not off it. 

Secondly, northies and Paksters are the same people. They are much closer than say a Indian Punjabi and a Tamil. It is logical for them to get on. Look at the pics - all North Indian players being chummy. 

Dude you should check what your same people. paksters do to under age Hindu boys in Sindh. Also try telling a pathan that you are north Indian and same people as him lol. 

On 27/06/2017 at 3:08 PM, cuttermaster said:

Really silly topic. Rivalry is for the field of play - not off it. 

Secondly, northies and Paksters are the same people. They are much closer than say a Indian Punjabi and a Tamil. It is logical for them to get on. Look at the pics - all North Indian players being chummy. 

North India is not just punjab.

Most of north India is made up of non punjabis.

I don't  have anything in common with Pakistanis .

Edited by beetle