Bumrah needs to be tried in Test matches

On 6/28/2017 at 3:57 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nope, not in favour of it atleast for next few years not at all

1. I have been wanting that bowler shud be given seprate formats so they can concentrate on n excel on it . Like umesh , shami shud forget about t20, Ishant, Aaron LOI , 

2. For me his biggest strength till now is his mystery , still batsman something awkward in his action ....so i dnt want him on SA, Aus tour playing test and batsman getting use to him and then there comes ODI series n we have nothing new to offer. For me his 1st tes wud be within a year or two when teams start to pick him n have plans against him....and hence like every cricketer he ll have his challenge . I Dnt want that stage to come soon

3. Still not convinced with his new ball bowling

4. When we have talent like NAthu, aniket, Avesh,thakur new others waiting in the wing why bumrah.....i wud have still been in favour had there been a dearth of talent. Avesh n Nathu look better match winners to me in test .......

5. Playing all formats will somewere take its toll and as i said its time we choose bowlers for particular format so we can get better out of them. Had we done this with aaron and told him to just stick to red ball cricket he cud have been in much better position. Even ishant shud have done the same after some point. As holding said in one interview bowlers in past had few games so they gave their best 

On 6/24/2017 at 8:50 AM, Sandeep99 said:

Picking wickets in death overs of a T20/ODI match != planning and plotting wickets over multiple sessions in a test match. Restrict Bumrah and the likes to LOIs. We have better pacers for tests.

Bumrah is set to play his first test match in India. 

He will bowl with a SG ball for the first time in tests.

Will watch with a lot of eagerness how much reverse swing he gets with the old ball.

He has the extra pace and skiddiness to bowl lethal indippers when the ball is reversing.

And he is a fast learner ... so I expect him to adapt to Indian pitches and the SG ball rather quickly after so many foreign tours.  He has a great FC record in India too.

Edited by express bowling
6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Will watch with a lot of eagerness how much reverse swing he gets with the old ball.

He has the extra pace and skiddiness to bowl lethal indippers when the ball is reversing.

And he is a fast learner ... so I expect him to adapt to Indian pitches and the SG ball rather quickly after so many foreign tours.  He has a great FC record in India too.

Bumrah will be our bowling legend

Boomraaah hasn't had a series defining performance since his return from injury vs NZ last Jan. 

NZ Tour:

ODIs - no wickets

T20s - 6 wkts@21

Tests - 6 wkts@32

Aus Tour:

ODIs - 4 wkts@49

T20s - Did not play

Tests - 11 wkts@29

NZ T20I series has been his best performance. We hatdly scored runs in NZ tests for him to have an impact. In Aus tests, he had 5-6 catches dropped off him, else the record would have been better.

Time is ripe for Boom to deliver his trademark knockout punches. Waiting to see him bowl those reverse swinging toe crushers in home tests.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Any news on his fitness (abdominal strain)?  I would hate to watch a half-fit Bumrah not going all out while risking his body in the long-term.  

9 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Boomraaah hasn't had a series defining performance since his return from injury vs NZ last Jan. 

NZ Tour:

ODIs - no wickets

T20s - 6 wkts@21

Tests - 6 wkts@32

Aus Tour:

ODIs - 4 wkts@49

T20s - Did not play

Tests - 11 wkts@29

NZ T20I series has been his best performance. We hatdly scored runs in NZ tests for him to have an impact. In Aus tests, he had 5-6 catches dropped off him, else the record would have been better.

Time is ripe for Boom to deliver his trademark knockout punches. Waiting to see him bowl those reverse swinging toe crushers in home tests.

The test series in Australia was a rather good one for Bumrah.

8 catches dropped off his bowling ... 7 of those easy ones ... has skewed his bowling average for the series. 

Even if 4 of those 8 catches were taken, he would have averaged 23.