Anti-Defection Law: Death of democracy

The Outsider

On 9/4/2017 at 5:31 PM, The Outsider said:

Signature? No, I am anti BJP quite openly and blatantly. There is nothing in Indian politics I despise more than RSS. However, my posts are about their policy failures and their ideological poison, not about fictitious losses suffered by my family due to them.

And funnily you choose a thread to make those personal attacks in a thread which attempts to discuss a law enacted by the Congress rather than the BJP.

I'm not a constant regular on ICF chit-chat section, but IIRC, you used to be one of the better posters over all on ICF.  But your posts on politics since Modi became PM have been increasingly rant-filled and 'hit-pieces' instead of rational arguments.   To the extent where they've pulled in someone like me, who is usually the one questioning or criticizing Modi, into questioning your motives.  My post was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, and obviously you didn't read it that way.  But there's some food for thought for you.  

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

I'm not a constant regular on ICF chit-chat section, but IIRC, you used to be one of the better posters over all on ICF.  But your posts on politics since Modi became PM have been increasingly rant-filled and 'hit-pieces' instead of rational arguments.   To the extent where they've pulled in someone like me, who is usually the one questioning or criticizing Modi, into questioning your motives.  My post was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, and obviously you didn't read it that way.  But there's some food for thought for you.  

I don't post all that much in cricket or chit chat. It's perfectly fine if you consider my posts on politics to be rant filled or hit pieces. As for rational arguments, I have time for people like you if you want further elaboration on arguments, that you don't find rational. But don't expect me to engage in a polite manner with bigots. Please don't expect me to normalize RSS and its bigotry. You just have to read their history and literature to see what they stand for and what their vision is for India. Modi is the best chance they have got till now, and they are not going to let go of it easily.

With the meltdown of UPA towards the end and the clamor for change, it was understandable that otherwise decent people gravitated to give him a chance overlooking his past bigotry and hatred in the name of development. But if you are supporting Modi today after he has wrecked the economy and hoisted a hatemonger like Yogi as UP CM after asking for votes in the name of development, then you are supporting bigotry. If you are supporting Modi after he made a woman strip in front of RBI so that she could deposit Rs. 4k, while all the black money has been laundered then you are supporting dehumanization. 

So let me know on which points would you like rational arguments - the atmosphere of fear where Muslims are afraid to carry meat for lunch, the economic disaster wrecked by demonetization and other economic policies, the dangers of Aadhaar, the imposition of Hindi etc. and I'll try my best to oblige. Anyhow, this thread isn't about the anti-defection bill anymore so might as well put it to some use. 

On 9/5/2017 at 0:57 AM, ravishingravi said:

Sir, you are back to save our democracy. Please try and help save the democracy of the country you are living in. They have done more to the dead bodies of Muslims than most chaddhidhari ( I am presuming you don't prefer one ) can imagine.

"This parliamentary act is the single biggest reason of fall of democracy in India after allowing chaddhidharis to do their nautanki with dead bodies of Muslims."

Kids, this why you should avoid Keyboard Internet battles. If you do it for too long, there is good chance you might lose your balance and coherence in thoughts.  

:phehe: as they say jindagi jhandwa phir bhi ghamandva.. he is a blind hater.. dont bother arguing with him. kuch bhi bakwas kar raha he USA me beth k.

I am actually glad that 'chaddidharis' are in power otherwise people like him would have sold the country.

Edited by veer

Yes having the party whip is Wong apart from when it comes to proving majority.

But even a progressive democracy like Britain has it still.

The more and more parties turn away from dictator leaders ,they will change.

First thing needed is internal democracy in the parties .Only then this will be realistic .

On 9/8/2017 at 8:15 AM, The Outsider said:

I don't post all that much in cricket or chit chat. It's perfectly fine if you consider my posts on politics to be rant filled or hit pieces. As for rational arguments, I have time for people like you if you want further elaboration on arguments, that you don't find rational. But don't expect me to engage in a polite manner with bigots. Please don't expect me to normalize RSS and its bigotry. You just have to read their history and literature to see what they stand for and what their vision is for India. Modi is the best chance they have got till now, and they are not going to let go of it easily.

With the meltdown of UPA towards the end and the clamor for change, it was understandable that otherwise decent people gravitated to give him a chance overlooking his past bigotry and hatred in the name of development. But if you are supporting Modi today after he has wrecked the economy and hoisted a hatemonger like Yogi as UP CM after asking for votes in the name of development, then you are supporting bigotry. If you are supporting Modi after he made a woman strip in front of RBI so that she could deposit Rs. 4k, while all the black money has been laundered then you are supporting dehumanization. 

So let me know on which points would you like rational arguments - the atmosphere of fear where Muslims are afraid to carry meat for lunch, the economic disaster wrecked by demonetization and other economic policies, the dangers of Aadhaar, the imposition of Hindi etc. and I'll try my best to oblige. Anyhow, this thread isn't about the anti-defection bill anymore so might as well put it to some use. 

What happened to this guy?

we need him back. he would make the political discussions far more entertaining.

25 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You should read his election predictions of 2014 and 2017 UP  He quit after that 

No he was around during India's last test series in England.  Was busy mocking the selection of Hardik Pandya for the test match, only to disappear after Gujju lukdya took a match-winning 5-wicket-haul.

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

No he was around during India's last test series in England.  Was busy mocking the selection of Hardik Pandya for the test match, only to disappear after Gujju lukdya took a match-winning 5-wicket-haul.

Yes, that and he also threatened to report Gollum and others to the police

Edited by coffee_rules

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

He auto banned me once when he used to be a mod coz I said Afridi should be persona non grata in India for having a terrorist cousin who got arrested in India for infiltrating. Calling him a chewt is an affront to chewts 

Our boys (BSF) killed that terrorist cousin of his :two_thumbs_up: