Siraj - not impressed

Texan

5 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Garbage bowler i donno why he got selected we need to identify bowlers with special abilities

Shami got selected because of his ability to reverse the ball 

Bumrah -ability to bowl well in the death 

Bhuvi-ability to swing the ball 

What is Siraj special abilities?I really don't understand

Ability to give 4/6s to opposition

He idd get it to reverse at the end. Those short square boundaries coupled with excessive short pitched bowling ruined dhis figures. Also, he did fidn the right line to the left handers (plenty of those in this Aus line-up).

Bottom line - a better prospect than Khaleel. Has some death bowling skills. I'd persist with this guy rather than khaleel.

I think it will be harsh to judge him after just one game. He did bowl with decent pace like we have known about him and you could see he was just trying too much earlier and later in the final spell did try to bowl fuller but it did not work in front of one of the best hitters in Maxwell.  I will give him more chances. 

Might be a little late for world cuo, but I would play him more games whenever possible. 

No need to be judging him by just one game. Everyone get taken apart in ODI’s. 

Poor in his first 6 overs.

But his last 4 overs give me some hope.

He is one of those bowlers who becomes more accurate when he bowls quick, meaning that is his nature pace.

He is also someone who gets emotional in debut matches ... saw him being very emotional on his T20 debut too. 

I would play him in the next match too.  

On 12/26/2017 at 12:14 PM, express bowling said:

Siraj should have bowled at full pace.  If he had bowled at his IPL pace of 132 k to 145 k then people ( including the ones that matter  ) would say, this guy needs to be given more chances.  When a pacer bowls both badly and at medium pace , he weakens his case.

Thankfully, Siraj will be a net bowler in SA and would have more chances to impress the management.

Yes he was a net bowler today.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

He is one of those bowlers who becomes more accurate when he bowls quick, meaning that is his nature pace.

He is also someone who gets emotional in debut matches ... saw him being very emotional on his T20 debut too. 

We should play him for atleast 4 odi matches and see how he performs.

12 hours ago, express bowling said:

so would I. but I think it's becoming more apparent he is a long-format bowler.

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Ishant started with a bang. He bowled a memorable spell to the then one of the worlds best.  

This is his first odi in Australia. Ishant played warm ups and before that match. This guy didn’t play any warmups in Australia. Got of the flight and played the match.

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

so would I. but I think it's becoming more apparent he is a long-format bowler.

You don't really know that. It could be the case but the only thing that was apparent was that he is clearly not suited to international LOI cricket. He just does not have the skills for those formats. 

3 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Siraj's game is lot more suited for test cricket , it seems. He prefers to give the maximum effort of creating those wkt taking deliveries in intervals at the expense of leaking a lot of runs, it seems, And that game is  lot more suited to tests. Any way , it is too early as of now. 

Leaking runs is never a good strategy even in Test cricket. The reason our pace bowlers have been successful in recent times is because they have bowled tight lines and blocked the run flow, which kept the pressure on the batsmen and did not let them get off to a flyer. The moment we brought in Umesh Yadav and the run flow went unchecked, we ended up losing. 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Leaking runs is never a good strategy even in Test cricket. The reason our pace bowlers have been successful in recent times is because they have bowled tight lines and blocked the run flow, which kept the pressure on the batsmen and did not let them get off to a flyer. The moment we brought in Umesh Yadav and the run flow went unchecked, we ended up losing. 

But the difference is bowls differently in FC cricket. He bowled more economically and with better line and length in India A games.