Justice for Rahul Campaign (JFRC)

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

From your OP

Yes that was a premise to set up my question...how much safer is Pujara here? Because we keep assuming that every change is going to happen in pairs like Rohit,Dhawan vs Rahane Rahul.

it is not like Pujara is above the axe based on overseas trends...he hit 153 in a game and is still averaging 38...btw it is his 3rd South African tour and not 2nd

Just now, maniac said:

Yes that was a premise to set up my question...how much safer is Pujara here? Because we keep assuming that every change is going to happen in pairs like Rohit,Dhawan vs Rahane Rahul.

it is not like Pujara is above the axe based on overseas trends...he hit 153 in a game and is still averaging 38...btw it is his 3rd South African tour and not 2nd

Regardless of the whataboutism you are trying , averaging 38 in South Africa is far superior than averaging 11.

You don't drop a batsman who averages 38 for a batsman who averages 11 unless onfield performances aren't the criteria anymore.

3 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Regardless of the whataboutism you are trying , averaging 38 in South Africa is far superior than averaging 11.

You don't drop a batsman who averages 38 for a batsman who averages 11 unless onfield performances aren't the criteria anymore.

Look at the posts about Virat’s captaincy..,the theory is that his reason for selecting Rohit and Dhawan is based on their attacking style of play and not friendship/bias.

Based on that theory(not started by me) if Rahul who is also an equally attacking player, wouldn’t it be easy to accommodate him by replacing with Pujara who is not totally in the safe zone.

that is like the 3rd or 4th time I am summarizing this.

Did I say Pujara needs to be dropped? 

I think you are getting agitated for no reason lol...calm down.

very good point,not about Rahul replacing Pujara but about Pujara's modus operandi ,he will always be questioned if he continues to fail as the tracks that we gonna get in SA you ll never be settled out there abnd you are risking big time by just getting stuck there 

I was one of those who suggested playing Rahul at 3,as he is the one who will actually not only try n survive but score as well,may work or may not work but worth a try

Also I ll pick Pujara,baecsue he is certainly better than likes of Dhawan and Rohit but will play him at a later number,may be 5 between Kohli and another batter,also i am hearing this weird logic that he is also their to make like easy for kohli and later batsman to follow,thats not a job of no.3 FFS,a good no.3 dictates the course of the game 

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Look at the posts about Virat’s captaincy..,the theory is that his reason for selecting Rohit and Dhawan is based on their attacking style of play and not friendship/bias.

Based on that theory(not started by me) if Rahul who is also an equally attacking player, wouldn’t it be easy to accommodate him by replacing with Pujara who is not totally in the safe zone.

that is like the 3rd or 4th time I am summarizing this.

Did I say Pujara needs to be dropped? 

I think you are getting agitated for no reason lol...calm down.

So you are saying Kohli thinks scoring 11(15) balls is better than scoring 40(80) balls in testing conditions.

That would mean Kohli is either a  stupid or that he puts off field relations over on field on field performance.I don't think Kohli is a stupid .

Edit.

It isn't that Pujara is undroppable overseas .But we can't drop him from the team when we have hopeless tailenders like Rohit and Dhawan in the xi.

Edited by BeautifulGame

Pujara has to make good of the chances he is provided in the next 2 Tests. if he can't get runs, its time we rethink whether he should play in Tests outside SC. At this time though, Dhawan and Rohit appear hopeless, while with Pujara there is a sliver of hope.

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

So you are saying Kohli thinks scoring 11(15) balls is better than scoring 40(80) balls in testing conditions.

That would mean Kohli is either a dumb moron or that he puts off field relations over on field on field performance.I don't think Kohli is a dumb moron .

I didn’t say that...that was the popular defense people have for Kohli for picking Dhawan and Rohit and based on how Kohli has backed bowlers with genuine pace I am buying into that a little for now.

Obviously if he sticks with them regardless of more failures that theory will be shattered.

However Having said that Pujara is not totally out of the safe zone either...comparing him with Rohit/Dhawan is not my intention.I guess the mention of Rohit Sharma is throwing you off guard..

ok for arguments sake let us say Rahane who is not a defensive player for what it’s worth replaces Rohit and let us say  Dhawan is persisted with for left and right combo....let us say Vijay performs and given his track record overseas ..isn’t Pujara in the shed for his long

list of failures overseas and can Rahul replace him?

or is Pujara totally irreplaceable? 

Then again we can go back in a circle here...if his clutch knocks and runs at home are brought up, we are already dismissing 2 batsmen in Dhawan and Rohit for scoring overseas.

I am keeping a count now...4th different way of explaining my OP. 

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

I didn’t say that...that was the popular defense people have for Kohli for picking Dhawan and Rohit and based on how Kohli has backed bowlers with genuine pace I am buying into that a little for now.

Obviously if he sticks with them regardless of more failures that theory will be shattered.

However Having said that Pujara is not totally out of the safe zone either...comparing him with Rohit/Dhawan is not my intention.I guess the mention of Rohit Sharma is throwing you off guard..

ok for arguments sake let us say Rahane who is not a defensive player for what it’s worth replaces Rohit and let us say  Dhawan is persisted with for left and right combo....let us say Vijay performs and given his track record overseas ..isn’t Pujara in the shed for his long

list of failures overseas and can Rahul replace him?

or is Pujara totally irreplaceable? 

Then again we can go back in a circle here...if his clutch knocks and runs at home are brought up, we are already dismissing 2 batsmen in Dhawan and Rohit for scoring overseas.

I am keeping a count now...4th different way of explaining my OP. 

As I mentioned in my edited comment ofcourse Pujara isn't undroppable overseas.

But you can't drop Pujara when we have players like Dhawan's nd Rohit batting like tailenders in the XI.

First should replace them before we start looking to replace Pujara .

And why should Rahul replace Pujara instead of Dhawan.Why should left right combo be more important than scoring runs ? Thats where your whole argument is ridiculous.

Edited by BeautifulGame
2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

As I mentioned in my edited comment ofcourse Pujara isn't undroppable overseas.

But you can't drop Pujara when we have players like Dhawan's nd Rohit batting like tailenders in the XI.

First should replace them before we start looking to replace Pujara .

And why should Rahul replace Pujara instead of Dhawan.Why should left right combo be more important than scoring runs ? Thats where your whole argument is ridiculous.

That is not my argument...the right left combo was the team management’s argument for Dhawan since Srilankan tour...you seemed to have missed that.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

That is not my argument...the right left combo was the team management’s argument for Dhawan since Srilankan tour...you seemed to have missed that.

And do you believe that though ?

I mean do you really think our management thinks a left handed is more important than having an opener who is competent and can score runs .

Of all the batsmen Dhawan is the one who looks like getting out even if you give him six lives. All they have to do is bowl a well-directed bouncer. It has become a too simple pattern. Pujara at least does his best to get behind the line. Anyone else would have missed that ball. Actually, he was good enough even to edge it. He puts a price on his wicket. He tries to bide time so that he can cash in later. His temperament is much needed for India despite failures. Rohit sharma as a defensive batsman is fish out of the water. It is just not his cup of tea. He is not a good defensive player.  India has to go with Rahane despite his form against spinners. Rahane's trigger movement is far better suited against this kind of fast bowling than Rohit's trigger movement.  Dhawan/Rohit must be replaced by Rahul/Rahane. Even if they fail in one inning I expect them to do well in the 2nd. Yes, they could flunk in both the innings. But that is the best hope for India to take on tough home opponents like SA.

20 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

And do you believe that though ?

I mean do you really think our management thinks a left handed is more important than having an opener who is competent and can score runs .

Bro it is not what you and I believe.

There are 2 schools of thought here-

1.management is full of bs and they are just playing Rohit/Dhawan or whoever based on their bias

2 .this is a well thought out plan and there is a method to the madness and a reason why the players who are being picked are being picked.

Either ways the point is certain players are accommodated whateve the reason is.

Now coming to Pujara, his USP should not be that he is atleast better than X or Y. He should be the hands down choice which when it comes to overseas he is not yet.

So now assuming that it is not political reasons with Rahul who is both a)somewhat of a proven performer and b) fits the attacking agenda if we go with one of the school of thoughts we discussed above ,

in such an instance isn’t Pujara the most vulnerable?

Edited by maniac

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/india-in-south-africa/india-vs-south-africa-kl-rahul-to-replace-shikhar-dhawan-for-2nd-test-rohit-may-get-another-chance/articleshow/62452928.cms

KL will play next test. Hahane will get no game in this series. Rohit will score plenty on fast and bouncy pitch killing Hahane's test career.

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/amp/news/ajinkya-rahane-deserved-the-backing-of-virat-kohli-and-ravi-shastri-pravin-amre-1628781.html

Pravin Amre knows that his disciple ain't getting a game this series so he called out the team management, which pretty much means Kohli. By this move, he has successfully finished his disciple's career.

Frankly this makes me really happy 

I am just happy Raul plays . And replaces Dhawan . Raul now must play for next 6 games mr kohli !

rohit v rahane is 50/50 call . So not bothered . Rohit is form player and had had one game to acclimatise . Rahane great away but horrid form . So toss of a coin this one . I would just say to Rohit get in for 25 balls then bat like the hit man