4 fast bowlers winning a test match for India -- my dream come true

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

velu anna ......I am not a fan of Ishant and want Saini to replace him   .....  but, to be fair to him,  he has been able to keep the runs down in this test, which is crucial in a low scoring match.  This allowed the enforcer bowlers like Bumrah and Shami to attack more freely.

I will spare him for this test     : )

Also India should start plan ahead for Eng series with little more emphasis on bowers who are good at swing. 

They should rellay focus on Saini and Deepak Chahar (YES take a punt on him just like they did on Bumrah for SA series)as other 

members . Selection should be very specific to Eng conditions . 

1 hour ago, Tridibans_16 said:

I can see this bowling lineup terrorizing batsmen in NZ/ AUS/ ENG/ SA /WI for years to come.

If not for the Moneyhungry feckers at BCCI, this could have been a 4 match test series as planned! 

I say make it permanent Gandhi Mandela freedom cup and make it home and away 5 match cup.  It's ideal with no cricket possible with pak. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am eager to see them perform on overseas pattas. The Aus challenge in December will be steep.

Do not expect such helpful wickets there . Lot more runs will be scored there by both teams .

My hunch is that they will try to have bouncy track but not much seam/swing and go hard at indians with their fast

bowlers  and Lyon .

Do not think AUS is easily beatable . SA tour - they had a very good chance with very iffy batting form of SA  batters except 

may be Amla .

12 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Do not expect such helpful wickets there . Lot more runs will be scored there by both teams .

My hunch is that they will try to have bouncy track but not much seam/swing and go hard at indians with their fast

bowlers  and Lyon .

Do not think AUS is easily beatable . SA tour - they had a very good chance with very iffy batting form of SA  batters except 

may be Amla .

Aus is a different beast but it's the last one right. Eng should be doable Indian fast bowlers are more menacing and Batters seem to be settling. If Vijay Rahul can protect Kohli Puj and Rahane from initial swinging conditions there is every possibility of a win. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

I have waited a long time for this day  !

4 Indian fast bowlers, terrorizing the opposition batters with pace, bounce, accuracy and movement ... and winning a test away from home.

20 wickets were taken for the test, 60  wickets for the series ... opposition batters were hit on the head, body and fingers.

Bumrah ... pace, bounce, accuracy and seam movement 

Shami ...  pace, bounce, swing and seam movement 

Bhuvi ... accuracy, swing and astuteness

Ishant ... tall and economical workhorse with decent pace

Lots of new fast bowlers coming up  ...  Saini the best prospect for tests.

Good days ahead for Indian fast bowling fans  !  Cheers  !

A lot of credit goes to Kohli too ...  Kohli ko pace pasand hai  !

We can perhaps add Mavi and Nagarkoti to the list as well. Especially excited about them due to the allround skills (including fielding). Need to find a way for some of these bowlers to go play County Criket or A-tours much before the England Tour. 

Unfortunately, both Pandya's and Vijay Shankar's bowling is behind the curve otherwise it would be a devastating attack. Could Shankar be more appropriate for England with his swing and solid batting while Pandya more appropriate for Australia with more pace and batting-friendly pitches?

15 minutes ago, Samcric said:

We can perhaps add Mavi and Nagarkoti to the list as well. Especially excited about them due to the allround skills (including fielding). Need to find a way for some of these bowlers to go play County Criket or A-tours much before the England Tour. 

I feel it is better to give them some FC experience and fitness training at NCA,  before trying them in test matches.

Avesh Khan gets a lot of kick off the surface and can be groomed for Australia.

15 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Could Shankar be more appropriate for England with his swing and solid batting while Pandya more appropriate for Australia with more pace and batting-friendly pitches?

I feel the same way.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

3 Indian fast bowlers averaging less than 29  in test cricket now ... never happened in the past

Bumrah   25.21

Bhuvi      26.09

Shami     28.90

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=10;qualval1=wickets;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

Amzing 

Honestly i am not sure ...these pitches were sub par pitches where winning the toss made a big difference..

Batsmen had reasonable chance only in certain sessions ...mostly in the first innings of the first two tests...Not 

one 350 in the series

The length and radar looked better than previous tours...But for confirmation on how effective they really are, one has to wait for truer wickets. My opinion was if the faster bowlers can bowl more consistently in the same channel as Bhuvi, there would be great rewards. In the third test, they did match up to expectations.

Pandya can be a good bowler if he gets yard or two of pace with more strategy and deception. 

The fightback with bat and ball starting with Rahane's attack is certainly a huge positive and can be a huge inspiration for

youngsters.

There have been occasional heroics in the past like Gavaskar and Amarnath battles against fast bowlers, Sandeep's hundred in Adelaide, Vishwanath's 114 and Kapil's fifer  in Melbourne, Tendulkar playing a lone hand with others falling over..

But this kind of victory is hard to recall. Often we have seen Mccullum or Kallis single handedly saving matches. Even Jack russell made only his second hundred in his entire career to save a test for England in 1996. Thats how bad our bowlers have been in the past. 

This is a certainly a more refreshing display which one hopes to see more often. 

Hopefully England will be better this time with good wickets. The Australian series at home and this series are entertainig

to watch. But the careers and development of batsmen suffers.  

Suddenly we are a team with a stronger fast bowling unit than our batting. The tables are turning. We may not be the fastest in terms of top speed, I still feel we are the fastest bowling unit average pace wise, in the world.

And as of now, Bumrah is the best emerging fast bowler. He is better than Rabada. I know people will jump on me, but Rabada was bowling at home. A trip to India or subcontinent, and he wont be the same bowler.

3 minutes ago, SUMO said:

India needs a 150kph fast bowler now and a good swinging left arm pacer. 

We will be beating top sides overseas and goras will be trembling to face our bowler now on a green mamba.

SA will now not want to prep green pitches for India it has happened twice now. 

Both India Aus and this series have been pretty hard fought

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

SA will now not want to prep green pitches for India it has happened twice now. 

Both India Aus and this series have been pretty hard fought

Most exciting will be india eng series...our pacers outshone them in india...wish likes of bhuvi bumrah shami do to cook root what they did to kohli last tour

This force shouldn’t be stopped. From last two tours we have had at least one batsman who never looked like getting out. 2011 it was Michael Clarke and in 2015 it was Smith. To ensure this does not happen, we must be ready to play 3-4 solid fast bowlers Down Under.

That is how South Africa won in Australia this time around by keeping their bowling strong. 

We, after a long time have that situation where we can trouble Australia in Australia. We must not settle with less. Play 4 seamers if needed. I know Kohli loves fast bowling so he will play 4 fast bowlers if we need to in Australia as per the track.

The key will be to not worry about playing one less batsman.I think we must go for attack. Thatsour bestchance of winning overseas, when our bowlersare bowling well. We should learn from this test. We played four fast bowlers and we have won.

Attack attack attack the Aussies and English with fast bowlers. Don’t worry Or fear about one less batsman playing due to extra fast bowler.  

Lets play like champions and play that fourth extra fast bowler and be brave about it. We will win surely.

8 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

That is why you need to give people time. This is sports, not 100 mtrs dash. When someone does bad, you need to give them confidence, not start shouting and asking them to be kicked out.

Sometimes a bit of talk works as someone said Shastri talking to him worked. These things do work. Either you drop or talk to him. You need to be at the top the if you want to win overseas and not just settle with mediocre stuff. I want him to be focussed every time he has ball in hand especially overseas where fast bowlers have to do all the talking.