Ind squad for SAvIND T20I series announced

At least Rahane isn't there :)

My ideal squad:

Lokesh, Rohit, Virat, Manish, H Pandya, Pant, Hooda, Krunal, Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah, Yuzvendra

Samson, Iyer, Basil/Jaidev, Axar

Though for this series-I'd have rested Bumrah at least maybe even Bhuvneshwar and Hardik

Edited by Sooda

Rahul

Rohit

Kohli

Manish

Raina

Pandya

Dhoni

Bhuvi

Unadkat

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Hide dhoni at no. 7

Raina is not a bad selection  at all.. Will give u 1 or 2 overs.. Good fielder and never let the game drift. IDEAL at no. 5 even in south africa

Edited by PSB_Zone
5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think theres a lot of lobbying, money going around these days in the circle. It was always there, but I think with Kohli involved, everybodys making money. 

There's a huge difference in your marketability and IPL auction prices if you are part of the Indian T20 team, and if you are not.  Look at Dhawan.  Look at Rahane.  How far apart are their IPL stats?  And Dhawan went for more than double Rahane's auction price.   

And the Indian team, and even Kohli himself have gone on record that they want to maintain a sort of class system where they don't want only the top players to get the top moolah in IPL, while the rest of the OBCs have to take a pay-cut to fund Ranji and test players etc.  

At the end of it, I don't care much about the IPL impact, because there's simply enough money there to make not just the top 15, but the top 50 Indian cricketers quite happy and comfortably rich.   But we are all in agreement about how the conservatism and backing of the in-crowd is not the best way forward for the Indian T20 squad and XI selection. 

Bottomline is that the Indian team management does not take international T20 seriously - sees it as "fun and games", and a mechanism to reward "their boys".  Its "nice" to see even the selectors buying into this credo and showing unity in thought.